Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes massive i know that most of us only use usb. but seeing that none of the music players will even get as close, as i got to were i am with trying to do this on my own.(even after being told it could/would be done.). i'm not even going to start on my coding skills.(they suck, an when i'm drunk they are even worse. :) ). dmp will only read from sd.(just as wiiflow can, yes i know it will read usb to not stupid.).
but the fun part is i get to see my Ozzy/ Queen.ect. on my wiiflow. even if they don't play at this time.( nice to dream of the day when it will work.)

triptophan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a thought that crossed my mind while discussing folder support and looking at playlists... but how difficult would it be to make support of something like a flowlist, similar to a m3u playlist. Just a simiple xml file that lists the location of all the isos, movies, roms, ect that you want in the flow. If these lists could be select-able from other flows it gives you both a more adaptable category system and the equivalent of folder support.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats exactly what were trying to accomplish. but ur saying is hold 2 and press right or left on the dpad to browse through ur episodes
I'm sayin you can play dvd isos and display them in coverflow. Just launch it and select your episodes from the dvd menu. Check your Pm I sent you the argument you need.

Reactions: Mark DiGiuseppe

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
yes massive i know that most of us only use usb. but seeing that none of the music players will even get as close, as i got to were i am with trying to do this on my own.(even after being told it could/would be done.). i'm not even going to start on my coding skills.(they suck, an when i'm drunk they are even worse. :) ). dmp will only read from sd.(just as wiiflow can, yes i know it will read usb to not stupid.).
but the fun part is i get to see my Ozzy/ Queen.ect. on my wiiflow. even if they don't play at this time.( nice to dream of the day when it will work.)
Oh my bad, so you're saying with DMP you can see the MP3's in your coverflow while using other apps it's a no go. that's a horrible tease you gotta go through man, It's like see but don't touch, touch but don't taste, taste but don't swallow :P

LoL @ coding skills while drunk :grog:

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having a very strange problem lately with my emuflow: after adding some sega genesis games and covers, the new games are not showing covers.
I tried everything: I reloaded the cache, I checked if the filenames were ok, I even deleted the titlelist in the cache folder. They just won't show!
The covers are taken from mastershoes cover collection, so they are not the problem.
The funny thing is that this happens only to the sega genesis, because I've added some games and covers to the NES emulator and all went ok.

:wtf:

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, the problem was the.ini.
Months ago I reorganized the cover folders and forgot to update the .ini file in the plugins directory.
All my old genesis covers were showing despite being in another folder because they were all cached by wiiflow.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As promised. here is wiiflow showing a coverflow for a few of my music files.
yes using DMP (dragon media player.) as a plug in. now if someone with the skill sets could help make them launch, an not black screen, an not loading this would be nice...

Reactions: MassiveRican

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
As for the playlists, I'm having trouble finding information about the arguments that mplayer ce takes but it occurred to me that the having it directly run a file might have a different argument than having it directly open a playlist. You might have to adjust the INI's arguments somehow.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought it proper to mark my 1000th post milestone here on the WiiFlow thread, cuz I love WiiFlow XD

All I request is proper DM 2.8 2 disc cover support, if you're out there fix94 and you can implement it rather quickly, it would be simply magnificent. Thanks again WiiFlow team for making this the damn best and favorite loader :mthr:

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
For anyone interested I've created a thread for the plugins and apps I've put together for WiiFlow.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/
I plan on adding far more documentation on each one there as well as add any future items I may put together.
It's still even missing my WiiFlow Crap autoboot plugin since that one I had never actually made a separate download for. It was always just included in my "plugin pack" but for now it has a basic description of each one and a download link (more to come).

EDIT : Just fixed that part. I cut a few things out of the aforementioned pack and re-upped it. Link is now available in the thread.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fba isn't like mame, it doesn't emulate every arcade system, just some of them, but quality is excellent.
Roms are the same type used by mame, just be warned that you must use latest bleeding edge mame roms, old sets often do not work.
There's a great and very useful compatibility list in the Retroarch thread ---> Here (you need Excel to view it)
For memory limitations, on the Wii Fba was splitted up into several cores (fba_Cps1, fba_Cps2, fba_Neo Geo, fba_Pgm, fba_Psikyo and fba_alpha for all the rest)
In Wiiflow if you, like me, want to have all these cores in one single icon in source menu, you need to:
- put your roms for each core in separate folders, otherwise they would be repeated multiple times
- set up each core's .ini with the appropriate rom folder
- set up fba in source_menu.ini with all the magic numbers for each core separated by comma

P.S. PM me if you're interested in a nice source menu icon for FBA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn