1. triptophan

triptophan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok I think there is some confusion here AbdallahTerro. Thanks for answering the added part of my question, but I believe everyone else is asking if there is a convenient way to put multiple videos (as in a season of a tv show) under one cover. Not the same cover multiple times. Obviously you could merge the videos all together but that would be a pain to navigate through.

Mark DiGiuseppe likes this.
  2. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

3. triptophan

triptophan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah, thats a good idea. Are there commands in the wii version of mplayer to let you bring up the playlist to select which entry you're loading? That way it would almost be like a dvd menu. If not I could try to convert the files into a shrunken dvd format.

4. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

No idea, I never used that plugin.

5. Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r Mark D.

United States
    i did happend to stumble apon another idea and thats to convert all the video files to .mkv format after converting the files you the proceed to merge the files to make 1 .mkv file

6. Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r Mark D.

United States
    exactly!

7. Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r Mark D.

United States
    ok guys scratch what i said earlier about merging .mkv files it will play the first file but after it returns to the wiiflow screen and wont play the rest of the videos back to the drawing board i guess AbdallahTerro is on to something with the .m3u files but from what i can see in the mplayerce.ini its only able to recognize .avi|.mp4|.mkv files i suppose you can add to the .ini file to recognize .m3u files but ill need help experimenting with this one so if anyone can help please do help sure wish we had Mastershoes help on this one

8. triptophan

triptophan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been playing with it. .m3u files are easy to make as text documents, but mplayer isn't reading them. I've tried using Window Media Player to make them for me as well with no luck.

9. Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r Mark D.

United States
    did u make sure to write in the mplayerce.ini to recognise the .m3u file if u didnt then there is know way it can recognize it

10. triptophan

triptophan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, it looks for .m3u and .wpl at the moment.

They are seen, they just immediately return to wiiflow.

11. Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r Mark D.

United States
    hmmmm yea man this one stumps the crap out of me ud think the would make it accessable to multiple playlist for tv series

12. Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r Mark D.

United States
    i did notice on one of mastershoes's videos for wiiflow coverflow in his dvd section for mplayer ce his season dvd's were all seperate episodes with the same cover so im asuming this wasnt possible for him eather (triptophan let me know how ur progress goes im gonna keep working on this there has to be a way)

triptophan likes this.
  13. ToddofWar420

ToddofWar420 CoverFlow Artist

United States
    Perhaps a WiiMC plugin that supports sub folders would be easier.
    I too want to do the same.

Dump likes this.
  14. Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r Mark D.

United States
    wiimc is a tad more complex than mplayerce i think it might be difficult but try it and let us know the more help we can get on this topic the better

15. triptophan

triptophan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried two ways to do this and both failed. Using playlists is useful if you have a segmented video, but there is no way of skipping between videos that I could find, let alone an actual menu to choose your episode. I also tried compiling tv episodes into dvd isos to give myself a dvd menu, but the menus seem to lose functionality in mplayer ce when read from an iso. I think I'm at a dead end.

16. Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r Mark D.

United States
    yea i dont know eather man the only thing i even saw that could have potentially worked was putting them into .mkv and compiling them but it will only show the first video and wont jump to the next one im stumped i messaged mastershoes hopefully he can get back to us with something but for now i think this is deaded

17. drakorex

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Dvd isos work,you just have to hold the 2button and use the dpad to navigate. What I think would rock is if wiiflow supported folder browsing. That way you could have all show season episodes foldered off.Flip through your shows,click on one and the seasons pop up. Click on a season and the individual episodes pop up. Similar to the later coverflow versions of the gx emus.

triptophan likes this.
  18. Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r Mark D.

United States
    thats exactly what were trying to accomplish. but ur saying is hold 2 and press right or left on the dpad to browse through ur episodes

19. Th3-Blu3BoMb3r
    This message by Th3-Blu3BoMb3r has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 30, 2018, Reason: dupe.
    Mar 17, 2013
  20. triptophan

triptophan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, folder browsing would certainly make things easier. I still don't have any luck with menus on isos. They work fine as actual dvds, but the menu bleeds right into the first part of the feature on isos.

21. shortz1994

shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ok so i can't get the video files the way we would like. but i do have coverflow for my mp3 music. this i will post a video as soon as i can get my Iphone from the wife.. using dmp (dragon media player.)..(hopefully there are others out there that like/want this.) but when i choose a file to play i get nothing, when launching but black screen. but can play mp3 file from the main menu of dmp. so i ask the ones that are making "plug ins" please make this a realaltie for the ones who do want this.. you guys have all the emulators an other things..( me along with others (drakorex comes to mind.:) ) would really like this added. please..
    dmp reads from sd files as default, so this would be the logical loader to use for coverflow. pleaseeee help.. so we can make wiflow the best damn loader for the wii. as i said before THANK you fix94 for picking up wiiflow when everyone thought it was going to die. your hard work has proven it self time an time again..

22. MassiveRican

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

^^ It wouldn't be logical to read from SD card as default. Most of use USB only. I load nothing except legacy apps and other things that require an SD card such as DM-Lite. Otherwise it's USB 2.0/3.0 all the way. Much faster and WiiFlow works better if using a single partition for all files. I have way more data than SDHC can hold between covers, cache and plugin games.

triptophan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WiiFlow, source, Loader