Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

zorglub07

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
355
Trophies
0
Website
gametdb.com
XP
318
Country
France
Wiiflow

USB Loader project, based on WiiFlow 1.1 by Hibernatus.

WiiFlow is now open source. After Hibernatus has completed WiiFlow 1.1, he left the project and released it as open source.

- http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/
- IRC channel : #WiiFlow on abjects.net
- Themes

Current active members: OverjoY, FIX94
Past members: Narolez, hulkhodn, r-win, Miigotu

08/26/12:
- WiiFlow 4.0 was released thanks to the combined works of a very hard working team.

04/03/12:
- The current team is now OverjoY (returning member), FIX94 (new member), with the help of the usual team of testers and IRC channel regulars.
- Miigotu has started his own fork, WiiFlow Advanced.
You can find a summary about the status of this project here

06/10/11:
- OverjoY joined the team
- The latest work in progress sources were released

07/07/10:
WiiFlow 2.1 was released.
- Fix reported bugs since 2.0.
- Ability to sort games by 4 different settings, Press B+Down
- Ability to switch partition by Pressing B+Up in main screen.
- More fixes and small additions.

06/19/10:
WiiFlow 2.0 was released by the new team, it is a new stable release.
Here are the main changes:
- load games from FAT/NTFS partitions (.wbfs files)
- channel list
- cheat menu (from VIP)
- new gecko engine
- fanart (ask bubba)
(complete list of changes)

01/02/10:
r-win has started working on FAT32/NTFS support :)

01/17/10:
Narolez has decided to leave the project, I'm sure everyone wishes him all the best!
It's quite sad, but it doesn't mean this needs to end here, in fact there is hope as you will see.
The discussion could have continued on the old topic, but people need to be able to find the URL, and the topic needs to be updated.


- lustar
 

Maisto

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
115
Trophies
0
XP
99
Country
Hope you can bring some updates to wiiflow it havent got any news in long time.

Hope for the best to the best loader.
 

MrKill

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
155
Trophies
0
Age
32
XP
143
Country
Canada
isostar said:
the show must go on....

for the future a better update ratio
wink2.gif

Maybe, but we are all agree that the most of us want that fat32/NTFS support.
What i want its watching my collection of games in 3D in HQ on my TV screen (yeah, lol.)
 

Pakatus

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
779
Trophies
0
Age
44
Location
Portugal
XP
139
Country
Glad this didnt died.
Much of us...want to see wiiflow not dying... so thank you for not letting this die, and keep the good work.
 

lazydog

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
10
Trophies
0
Age
53
Location
UK, Stoke-on-Trent
Website
Visit site
XP
76
Country
Thanks Hibern and Narolez for a great loader. It's still the best and I'll cary on using it, I can understand how demanding being the sole developer would be and hope that one day it will be a group development where people just make small contributions.

Norlez (or anyone who may know), could I ask a quick question?, which revision of devkitpro / libogc is required to compile the latest version?

I had a quick look at the code a week or so ago and had some compilation problems with the current svn version (a mem_open not declared), I noticed that there were comments about Hibern's memory management not being compatible with R18 or R19 and wondered if my toolchain/environment was not set up correctly.

I'm a total "wii homebrew" noob but wanted to have a little play at modifying some of the grx/animation for just some personal ideas I'd had.
 

atupac

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
137
Trophies
0
Age
44
Website
Visit site
XP
159
Country
France
Really sorry about Narolez... i Hope it's not too bad for him.

I hope to see a lot of people/coders will have the possibility to contribute on this loader (just like GX one...) , so that to count on a team => WiiFlow-Team please!

Next step : NTFS support for wiiflow
wink.gif
 
  • Like
Reactions: kimotori

r-win

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2009
Messages
453
Trophies
0
XP
67
Country
Netherlands
lazydog said:
Thanks Hibern and Narolez for a great loader. It's still the best and I'll cary on using it, I can understand how demanding being the sole developer would be and hope that one day it will be a group development where people just make small contributions.

Norlez (or anyone who may know), could I ask a quick question?, which revision of devkitpro / libogc is required to compile the latest version?

I had a quick look at the code a week or so ago and had some compilation problems with the current svn version (a mem_open not declared), I noticed that there were comments about Hibern's memory management not being compatible with R18 or R19 and wondered if my toolchain/environment was not set up correctly.

I'm a total "wii homebrew" noob but wanted to have a little play at modifying some of the grx/animation for just some personal ideas I'd had.
Lazydog, you can compile it using devkit R19 and the latest libogc. I use a svn version of libogc, actually, it's the same I use to compile WiiXplorer, USB Loader GX, and MPlayer-CE (I patched MPlayer-CE).
 

uberbdon

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
117
Trophies
0
XP
133
Country
United States
Whoever picks up development on Wiiflow, I do have a suggestion. As of about a month ago, uLoader and CFG Loader were the only loaders that would wake up my HD prior to starting up. Recently Loader GX implemented whatever code it was to follow suite, and now I noticed Wiifloader does too. If Wiiflow could do the same thing I would probably end up using it, but loading another loader to wake up the HD just to boot into Wiiflow is kind of impractical.
 

r-win

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2009
Messages
453
Trophies
0
XP
67
Country
Netherlands
uberbdon said:
Whoever picks up development on Wiiflow, I do have a suggestion. As of about a month ago, uLoader and CFG Loader were the only loaders that would wake up my HD prior to starting up. Recently Loader GX implemented whatever code it was to follow suite, and now I noticed Wiifloader does too. If Wiiflow could do the same thing I would probably end up using it, but loading another loader to wake up the HD just to boot into Wiiflow is kind of impractical.
Is that the same as the issues mentioned here? If not, maybe you should add another issue at the WiiFlow site.
 

Pakatus

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
779
Trophies
0
Age
44
Location
Portugal
XP
139
Country
r-win said:
uberbdon said:
Whoever picks up development on Wiiflow, I do have a suggestion. As of about a month ago, uLoader and CFG Loader were the only loaders that would wake up my HD prior to starting up. Recently Loader GX implemented whatever code it was to follow suite, and now I noticed Wiifloader does too. If Wiiflow could do the same thing I would probably end up using it, but loading another loader to wake up the HD just to boot into Wiiflow is kind of impractical.
Is that the same as the issues mentioned here? If not, maybe you should add another issue at the WiiFlow site.

If someone is picking up this DEV's i'll warn him of something.
Many issues on googlecode page are trash...just ppl that dont know what they're doing/expecting from usb loading.
 

Nickman87

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
2
Trophies
0
XP
29
Country
Belgium
When I get the time I'd like to look into the wiiFlow code and maybe try submitting some patches or so. But right now I dont have the time for it...

Realy love the loader though!
 

roku93

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
437
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Finland
XP
239
Country
Finland
Hmm.. Great to see this being still alive. The loaders almost feature complete and mostly bug-free. Just need to carry the torch a little farther.
 

uberbdon

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
117
Trophies
0
XP
133
Country
United States
r-win said:
uberbdon said:
Whoever picks up development on Wiiflow, I do have a suggestion. As of about a month ago, uLoader and CFG Loader were the only loaders that would wake up my HD prior to starting up. Recently Loader GX implemented whatever code it was to follow suite, and now I noticed Wiifloader does too. If Wiiflow could do the same thing I would probably end up using it, but loading another loader to wake up the HD just to boot into Wiiflow is kind of impractical.
Is that the same as the issues mentioned here? If not, maybe you should add another issue at the WiiFlow site.

Yeah, I seem to be having the same problem as a lot of people on there. I've used my HD software to set sleep to "never", that hadnt worked. I'm going to try out WiiflowR27t1_249 to see if it makes a difference.

edit: using WiiflowR27t1_249 seems to have fixed the problem.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted User
General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Man $14 for 1 ticket Fu imax