lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question, assuming the NAND-AID install goes well and I'm able to boot back into the OS, will I need to solder the 3V3 pad on the Pico to continue using it with the 512GB SD card?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh you are going for 512. That means you need patches all the time so either defuse or isfshax.
I think I will show you how to setup isfshax when the setup is done, so you don't need permanent defuse. Else you would need to connect 3V3 so the pico would be powered by the Wii U.

Also keep in mind that isfshax will break standby services and with that the quick start menu. I am not sure if standby services would work with defuse

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh you are going for 512. That means you need patches all the time so either defuse or isfshax.
I think I will show you how to setup isfshax when the setup is done, so you don't need permanent defuse. Else you would need to connect 3V3 so the pico would be powered by the Wii U.

Also keep in mind that isfshax will break standby services and with that the quick start menu. I am not sure if standby services would work with defuse
I don't care about the standby services so I don't mind losing them.

I've installed the NAND-AID. I've set up the SD card that goes into the front of the system with all the MLC/SLC titles and 3 wafel plugins: core, setup and mlc_unlimit
I've tried to boot and patch IOS. The last thing the serial log says is
MLC open attempt 7325 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7326 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7327 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7328 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7329 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7330 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7331 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7332 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7333 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7334 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7335 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7336 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7337 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7338 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7339 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7340 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7341 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7342 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7343 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7344 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7345 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7346 FFFCFFE9 MLC open attempt 7347 FFFCFFE9
It hasn't done anything else for a few minutes and the LED is solid purple. I think it seems like the NAND-AID is not installed correctly? Is there anyway I can confirm that it detects the 512GB SD card before I start the setup process? Not sure if it matters, but I have not formatted the SD card at all, so it's likely still formatted as exFAT.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First try again, sometimes it needs two attempts, in the first the MLC gets formatted but not mounted and in the second it then works, because it is already formatted.

If that doesn't help itprobably isn't installed correctly. You can try to boot without the setup plugin and look out if the mlc01 device comes up.

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
First try again, sometimes it needs two attempts, in the first the MLC gets formatted but not mounted and in the second it then works, because it is already formatted.

If that doesn't help itprobably isn't installed correctly. You can try to boot without the setup plugin and look out if the mlc01 device comes up.
Did the same thing a second time. I was able to copy the serial log before the repeated messages ate everything

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah we don't see the mlc coming up, so you have to check your soldering.
We would expect to see a line like
Code:
00:00:01:366: FSA: [uptime 1.366 s]: Attached volume to mlc01 (raw): Capacity XXXXX MB, XXXXXXX logical blocks of size 512 B.

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
After checking and resoldering a bunch of times I was able to get it to recognize the SD card. However, it's doing the "alive...opening..." loop again. I'll let it sit for a while to see if it changes, but it was suggested by @fringle that may be one of the wireless modules could be damaged. Do you think that's the issue here?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I was able to find someone selling a replacement for all 3 modules. Probably won't be delivered for a month so I'll give an update later.
It is most likely just the WINA2 adapter. That was the only one my console didn't have due to a damaged interface and once I replaced it, it worked as it should.

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It is most likely just the WINA2 adapter. That was the only one my console didn't have due to a damaged interface and once I replaced it, it worked as it should.
Once I get them, I'll replace that one first and see if that fixes it. The pack of 3 was less than $30CAD so I'm not too concerned about the price

Reactions: fringle

peilezhang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Can you show us the way on how to install isfshax chipless when you have time? I'm very interested in this and also I want to try the overclock function with no need to install the defuse chip.:)

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you show us the way on how to install isfshax chipless when you have time? I'm very interested in this and also I want to try the overclock function with no need to install the defuse chip.:)
It was explained over in this post
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-internal-storage-upgrades-are-possible.635629/post-10214453
It's a couple of months old though so it's possible the process may have changed or been altered since but will give a rough idea of what's required.

Reactions: SDIO

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I tried installing ISFShax and this is what it's giving me. When I select Continue it takes me back to the Main Menu. I've tried using 2 different SD cards.
IMG_0948.jpg

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah you eithe rhave to launch it from the recovery or from the fw_img_loader. The latter needs an encrypted fw.img (I provided one for minute on the github page)

lolorlofl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Where do I find and how do I use the fw_img_loader? When I turn on the console I don't get any output so I have no idea if I'm entering the recovery_menu or not. I don't have a NAND at this point in time. The NAND-AID is installed but I'm not able to set up the NAND just yet.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fw_img_loader would require that you are able to run homebrew.
The recovery also requires and mlc, without it, it won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto