Wii U resurrection help needed - black screen, static blue led, not turning off when power pressed less than 1 second

szape

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello!

I have a Wii u 32GB model which turns on but no video output. Blue led stays on, if i press power button for less than 1 seconds it does not turn off. If i long press power button, it turns off. Tried UDPIH but does not work, no recovery menu. I'd like to try to repair it with defuse and i need help. I have Raspberry Pi Pico, NAND-AID and i can solder the wiring but i need help what to do next. What should i upload to pico, how can i connect it to PC (via Putty or similar program) and how can i make dumps, etc.

So please help me if you can. Thank you!

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tried UDPIH but does not work, no recovery menu
You're sure about that? There are cases where the screen stays black but the recovery menu is still usable. You have to look at the power LED: if it changes from blue to purple the recovery menu is up and running.
how can i connect it to PC
That's really basic Pico knowledge you could have googled: Just hold the only button on the Pico whie connecting it to the PC untill the PC shows a USB drive. Flashing a firmware is as simple as putting a file onto that drive.

You flash part of minute onto the Pico, other files go onto a SD card with 2 GB or less in size (so a real SD card, not SDHC/SDXC). Where to get these and other needed files is outlined at https://gbatemp.net/threads/ultimat...reset-black-screen-after-stuck-update.642339/

szape

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes, i'm sure UDPIH does not work, i have a nintendo switch for entering recovery menu and i successfully repaired an other Wii U before.

And i know how to connect pico to PC to flash a firmware but i don't know what to do after i soldered the pico to the Wii U.

Reactions: JoseDelAtaud

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i don't know what to do after i soldered the pico to the Wii U.
That's outlined at the link to the ultimate troubleshooting guide I gave you: You put some files on the 2 GB or less SD card, connect the USB cable of the Pico to the PC (without pressing the button) and start the Wii U.
This should give you a USB to serial (com port) device on your PC. You can use tools like minicom (or putty on Windows) to connect to that serial interface and there the minute menu should appear.

szape

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you, i'll try it and report back.
Post automatically merged:

Everything works so far, i need to get a 1GB SD card.
putty.jpg

Last edited by szape,

szape

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Okay, i have the memory card, minute menu is present, what should i do next? I made dumps of SEEPROM and OTP and SLC so far.

szape

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you. Where can i see the boot process? Just boot without SD card or what is the method?

Here is the crash log, but i don't know what is the problem.
crash_log.jpg

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Select the boot option in minute, then you will see the syslog in the serial console

@szape Did you dump the otp via PRSHhax? You find that in the backup and recovery menu

I just saw you also used the wrong option. After dumping the opt with PRSHhax you would choose the first option

Last edited by SDIO,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto