Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, for the NTR CFW on 3DS with streaming to PC, but then for Wii U, would that need kernel or is IOSU needed?

Better yet, is it possible with only userland?
Actually, I was looking into this yesterday. There seems to be a way the get the last rendered frame via gx2.rpl(more concretely, GX2_GetLastFrame), but I doubt that we'll get a stable stream this way. I'll test a few things with that today and report back.

NWPlayer mentioned that it might be possible to hook directly into the DRH via IOSU to get video.

Last edited by aracom,

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, for the NTR CFW on 3DS with streaming to PC, but then for Wii U, would that need kernel or is IOSU needed?
Better yet, is it possible with only userland?

I'm working a screenshot feature (atm for loadiine only), and here is my first ugly try to make 30 screenshots/seconds xD (10% Jpeg quality though)

https://vid.me/HLdn

EDIT: Gamepad footage of curse

EDIT2: GX2_GetLastFrame wont work. It only gives you the last frame when the app exits.At the moment I'm hooking into the GX2CopyColorBufferToScanBuffer

Last edited by Maschell,

bajul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
sorry why I can not load the osdriver always freeze os striped black screen

I've tried on the link
wiiubru.com
exploit.wiiubrew
hbl.wiiubrew.net
wj44.ml
wiiu.rapidraid.de

and all the error can not open os drive

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry why I can not load the osdriver always freeze os striped black screen

I've tried on the link
wiiubru.com
exploit.wiiubrew
hbl.wiiubrew.net
wj44.ml
wiiu.rapidraid.de

and all the error can not open os drive
i've a trick,open as a new tab,it works for me

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working a screenshot feature (atm for loadiine only), and here is my first ugly try to make 30 screenshots/seconds xD (10% Jpeg quality though)

https://vid.me/HLdn

EDIT: Gamepad footage of curse

EDIT2: GX2_GetLastFrame wont work. It only gives you the last frame when the app exits.At the moment I'm hooking into the GX2CopyColorBufferToScanBuffer
is this real???? ok, you did it... i need loadiine in my life just for this feature ;_;

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you know a software to open .pack files of mario maker ?
(and bfsar to replace the wii u menu song with cafiine,it seems to be possible)
SARCExtract, I still need to upload a latest version but here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56043942/Programs/WiiUHackingTools/SARCExtract-0.4.py
bfsar IIRC is also a sarc with bfwav and other files inside that you can convert with vgmstream
Any news about hykem?
RIP Hykem got buried in 6 feet of snow and has no shovel to dig himself out
EDIT: Meanwhile, while Twitter is having issues, working on reverse engineering some ccr_cdc (Gamepad Communications Device Class, according to libdrc they use an rpc-like thing which is what CCRCDCCommand and nsysccr are for)

Last edited by NWPlayer123,

vasalpa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
To all the people saying "Learn how to code and make your own exploit etc" , in which world is it easier to do that (which will take you 1-3 years and you'll probably end up at square 0), instead of just selling your Wii U and buying another one on 5.3.2 or 5.4 or even lower and upgrade to these 2, since there already is a kernel exploit for these firmwares? Even if there wasn't a kernel exploit your advice would still be hard to follow but right now it is completely USELESS. I don't know if many of you are underaged because many misunderstand devs and users. I wrote that it would be nice if we knew that the kernel will come and some people started writing useless stuff. Right now we don't need any of these things. We need mature people USERS and DEVS so that we can grow that community. If you are not adults I can forgive this behavior but not if you are adults. We just need Kernel, no more (IOSU) no less for NOW kernel works just fine for homebrew. PS: If you don't have any experience at coding there is an advice I can give you which is don't waste your time trying to "reinvent the wheel" since someone doesn't want to release it. It is a waste of time.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
which will take you 1-3 years and you'll probably end up at square 0.

The Wii U was my first time with C, and within a week or two I'd released LiteNESU. I'm no special super-hacker or whatever, I'm just an average guy who did a terrible job writing the aforementioned program, and I'll definitely not find a kexploit for a while yet. My point is that learning to code on the Wii U isn't that hard. It's just a case of getting started; once you're over that first hurdle it's actually not that hard if you can get your concepts down. The thing is, nobody's gonna start if they think it's a project that'll take you years on end.

Although I have to agree that asking people to buy a new console is absolute bullshit. Unfortunately, it seems to be the only way of getting the whiners to stop whining. ^_^

(wow, this post was an absolute grammar horror show...)

vasalpa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The Wii U was my first time with C, and within a week or two I'd released LiteNESU. I'm no special super-hacker or whatever, I'm just an average guy who did a terrible job writing the aforementioned program, and I'll definitely not find a kexploit for a while yet. My point is that learning to code on the Wii U isn't that hard. It's just a case of getting started; once you're over that first hurdle it's actually not that hard if you can get your concepts down. The thing is, nobody's gonna start if they think it's a project that'll take you years on end.

Although I have to agree that asking people to buy a new console is absolute bullshit. Unfortunately, it seems to be the only way of getting the whiners to stop whining. ^_^

(wow, this post was an absolute grammar horror show...)
As you can see I am not an english expert since I am from another country. I do my best though so no need to say that last part. On topic now, good for you and your progress, but not everyone will progress as you did and if anyone wants to code on the Wii U it is a lot better to make a homebrew application than searching for an exploitable bug-a kernel exploit, since there already is one. That's my thought.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
As you can see I am not an english expert since I am from another country. I do my best though so no need to say that last part. On topic now, good for you and your progress, but not everyone will progress as you did and if anyone wants to code on the Wii U it is a lot better to make a homebrew application than searching for an exploitable bug-a kernel exploit, since there already is one. That's my thought.

That last line wasn't directed at you; your grammar was fine. Sorry about that. It was mine that was worse than usual ;)
Yeah, I agree that homebrew is a far, far better entrypoint to Wii U programming stuff than exploit research. The main issue is that people just need to start coding, whether homebrew or not. To me, it seems that nobody's really doing that, instead going for a far more... complainy approach. ;3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fvb1OnyL7A&t=148s