Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

vasalpa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok so everyone who is on 5.5.X is still waiting for something... @Marionumber1 can you please tell us if you have any release plans (or thoughts) for the kernel exploit without having to wait for Nintendo to patch it? I recall when the supposed raid happened that you said that you are thinking on a release of one of your two working kernel exploits and I am still wondering if you will release it. If we can hope for a great Wii U community we have to at least respect both devs but users as well. And I think on the devs side, users don't get any respect and are treated as crying pirates. If anyone doubts that, I can quote some posts from some devs in the past. I think that the least you could do is tell us if there are any release plans without waiting for Nintendo cause I highly doubt they will patch anything, so AT LEAST we can sell our Wii U's for lower firmware ones. Thank you.

Last edited by vasalpa,

ryuutseku85

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi , I think I understand that GX2 Lib need kernel access , can't we build a pseudo lib that can make out instead ?
For example in my homebrew I create random generator number via a function , so if we use some math we can maybe do something , no?

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi , I think I understand that GX2 Lib need kernel access , can't we build a pseudo lib that can make out instead ?
For example in my homebrew I create random generator number via a function , so if we use some math we can maybe do something , no?
But you don't have access to many things without kernel access

ryuutseku85

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes that's right but why complaining if we can make our own things ?we are Dec so our job is to developed something's no ?
A lot of people want loadiine I understand it ( I'll be a liar if I say I don't want it too ) but will we wait we can make something else .
You ( not you personally ) need to understand hack a console don't mean only have game loader . Linux , homebrew , video etc are a part of this too .

Last edited by ryuutseku85,

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need kernel access to use gx2.rpl, but you do need to shut down GX2 and re-initialize it on the current core before it can be used without crashing. See here.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so everyone who is on 5.5.X is still waiting for something... @Marionumber1 can you please tell us if you have any release plans (or thoughts) for the kernel exploit without having to wait for Nintendo to patch it? I recall when the supposed raid happened that you said that you are thinking on a release of one of your two working kernel exploits and I am still wondering if you will release it. If we can hope for a great Wii U community we have to at least respect both devs but users as well. And I think on the devs side, users don't get any respect and are treated as crying pirates. If anyone doubts that, I can quote some posts from some devs in the past. I think that the least you could do is tell us if there are any release plans without waiting for Nintendo cause I highly doubt they will patch anything, so AT LEAST we can sell our Wii U's for lower firmware ones. Thank you.

This. It honestly feels like we users are treated as criminals because of voices of the select few. @Marionumber1 you must have plans in case the exploit doesn't get patched after a few updates.

ryuutseku85

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't need kernel access to use gx2.rpl, but you do need to shut down GX2 and re-initialize it on the current core before it can be used without crashing. See here.

OK thanks so if I understand clearly :
We create a handle , we call the gx2.rpl , we shut it down , we use gx2Init after it ? And we can use it as we want ?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. It honestly feels like we users are treated as criminals because of voices of the select few. @Marionumber1 you must have plans in case the exploit doesn't get patched after a few updates.

Do I need to remind everyone of what happened the last time a dev *cough* Hykem *cough* mentioned a release time frame for his exploit? He doesn't want to say anything, so just leave him be.

Reactions: I pwned U!

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Do I need to remind everyone of what happened the last time a dev *cough* Hykem *cough* mentioned a release time frame for his exploit? He doesn't want to say anything, so just leave him be.

This time there is proof that the exploit exists and used by multiple developers.

ryuutseku85

Trophies
XP
Country
France
... stop complaining ... go open a book ( or a web page ) and go learning how to code ...

I don't think you know what is it to pass hours behind a computer and create something for people how don't care about you ... dev are not at your service , we are human , we have a life , and if we want to keep things private so be it !
So now that's said : have a nice day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.