XP
Country
Canada

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did some more poking, the code range is 0x0E000000-0x10000000, not 0x0E300000(so TCPGecko is wrong). Looks like the RPX (at least for Sploon) is loaded straight at 0x0E000000, it has like a nop and blr at 0x0 and the full code starts at 0x20, it just pads all that to zeroes so it's a 1-1 copy, and the dynamic loading section is directly after the code. All data is put in at 0x10000000 like you'd expect, if you wanna get an address probably just dump 0x10 to 0x20 and search for the actual string or a string next to it if you're looking for a vtable or something.
To put it in simple terms, if you're looking at the RPX in IDA, 0x02000000 = 0x0E000000, if you're looking for code. If you're looking for strings/data to edit, everything modified is in the 0x10 range, and I've only ever seen important stuff from 0x10 to 0x20, maybe 0x28, you want to try to replace the actual string in the code and make the game process it normally by getting it to reload, it'll do all the heavy lifting for you. Depends on the game, most Splatoon stuff just uses IDs and gets the right string based on a list ("cNone, cDay, cNight"), so I can swap them around to get where I'm not supposed to. I know the .bss section is also in the 0x10 range, haven't pinpointed exactly where it is.

golden45

Trophies
XP
Country
France

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That thread only mentions DS and N64 games, nothing about Snes or GBA, just saying. I have test results for Snes games, but so far, there's no thread for me to post them.
Maybe pinging a mod for changing the thread title would fix the problem :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe pinging a mod for changing the thread title would fix the problem :)

I dunno, man, I'm not sure if the results I found would warrant that change, or if it's worth their time. Heck, I don't even know if my test results and observations are even useful for the Wii U hacking scene. Maybe it's a waste of time... ?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BaddGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BaddGuy what VC game do you have on your Wii U that you're trying to inject into?
i Purchased Zelda a Link to The Past and i also have mario and lugi dream something dont remember and i also purchased another zelda game wich is Minis Cap but i tried it when i load the zelda game the format of the snes rom of the donkey kong is SRC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i Purchased Zelda a Link to The Past and i also have mario and lugi dream something dont remember and i also purchased another zelda game wich is Minis Cap but i tried it when i load the zelda game the format of the snes rom of the donkey kong is SRC.
@Summersett i dont know what type is the format i suposed to put in orginial downloads from eshop or any regular snes rom.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
can we all go to the other thread plzzzzz? this subject is about injecting VC roms so i dont think it matters the other thread is labeled N64/NDS because its all about injecting VC titles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. everyones filling up this thread :/

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's indeed a good advice.
I'll wait for mario maker to be in refurbish, when the whole hype has gone, leaving tons of copy for less than 20 bucks ^^
fingers crossed, and thanks to all dev

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
in b4 FW spoofer released the same day as mario maker just to peeve all those who jumped the gun :P

but nah i can understand people just updating, there isnt too much on the homebrew horizon, and there is always the 5.5 exploit waiting in the sidelines so should things change there is still hope that you can get back into further down the line, im in 2 minds myself tbh, but i do like playing about with hacks and stuff, and i guess mario make detracts from that draw a little.......decisions, decisions.....but for now im good having a mess about with the original mario maker (reggie.....ok maybe lunar magic takes that slot)

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In-progress, if you wanna wait a week or two and see then feel free (not by me in case anyone thinks that, just seems promising from previous posts)

Will a spoof allow us to WiiU system transfer from a higher-firmware console (the latest, lets say 5.5) to a lower one like 5.3.2 running the spoof? (Nintendo requires both consoles be on the latest firmware)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding