Country
United States
I am having difficulty making backups.
Wii software v3.1U
Downloaded WiiGators Gamma 0.3 loader with a fix for the 002 error files
Followed all instructions.
wii iso came from using dvd dumper
Using Dell Latitude D620 laptop
Using ImgBurn and Nero6-6 (all programs are closed when burning)
Using write speeds 2x,3x,4x
Using Verbatim 8x dvd-r

Problem: Error 324

Should I try different media or different write speeds? Is it my laptop? Should I reboot my laptop before buring?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
6th_hokage said:
I am planning to upgrade my launcher to 0.3g from 0.3b, my question is how to remove 0.3 b? thanks for replying..

Delete the folder on your sd card. When updating don't forget to update the cIOS, the cIOS is 95% of Gamma.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
El Rey said:
thanks, i will try re-installing the cISO again when i get home.
cIOS
wink.gif

ISO=the game

nickoli

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running 0.3g - and have no issues thusfar, it's great!

Only thing is when I am in homebrew it always prompts to update - which I believe installs another IOS? Perhaps not but something in the process threw up a red flag for me.

While I'd like to have the latest homebrew installed I don't want to mess with the good thing here, is it safe to assume that I can do the homebrew auto-updates w/o any issues?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nickoli said:

Only thing is when I am in homebrew it always prompts to update - which I believe installs another IOS? Perhaps not but something in the process threw up a red flag for me.

While I'd like to have the latest homebrew installed I don't want to mess with the good thing here, is it safe to assume that I can do the homebrew auto-updates w/o any issues?
Nintendo updates are bad, but they can only run from a disc/through wii settings
Homebrew updates are safe

nickoli

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
nickoli said:

Nintendo updates are bad, but they can only run from a disc/through wii settings
Homebrew updates are safe

Thanks for clarifying, definitely wouldn't do a Nintendo update but would like to update homebrew like I said.

Thanks again!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you are on beta9 your are going to update to 1.0.1 and now none of your .elf files will work, so you need to redownload the newest versions of your apps...!!!
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some of the zips that i was hosting ask for the homebrew update , but they are all dol files and dont think there are any issues with any of them.

Albert Wesker

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've searched pretty thoroughly but haven't found an answer to the question so my apologies if it's been covered before.

I've successfully installed cIOS and Backup Loader Gamma 0.3 on my 3.2 US Wii but I have had two problems since I've done this.

1. I can no longer boot original GameCube software from the Wii front end. When I try to, it boots with sound but no image. My Wii then needs to be reset and it then sets the resolution from 480p to 480i.

2. Whenever I use Menu Loader or Gamma 0.3 to load my original Japanese copy of Illvelo Wii it will only allow me to play with the GameCube controller, not the Wii remote/classic controller. When I go into Gamma 0.3 it defaults to GameCube controller and even if I change it to Wii and boot with hooks it still forces the GameCube controller. I know there's not a problem with the game or hardware as I used to play this using the Classic controller via Menu Loader for region free.

I've tried this with a few different downloads of Gamma 0.3 but I always get the same result. Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys, I tried burning at 8x and at 6x and I still get error 324. I tried re-installing cIOS36_rev7.dol again. I renamed the cISO36.dol to boot.dol and moved it into another folder. Any other suggestions.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Albert Wesker said:
Hi, I've searched pretty thoroughly but haven't found an answer to the question so my apologies if it's been covered before.

I've successfully installed cIOS and Backup Loader Gamma 0.3 on my 3.2 US Wii but I have had two problems since I've done this.

1. I can no longer boot original GameCube software from the Wii front end. When I try to, it boots with sound but no image. My Wii then needs to be reset and it then sets the resolution from 480p to 480i.
uninstall region free gc games in starfall
2. Whenever I use Menu Loader or Gamma 0.3 to load my original Japanese copy of Illvelo Wii it will only allow me to play with the GameCube controller, not the Wii remote/classic controller. When I go into Gamma 0.3 it defaults to GameCube controller and even if I change it to Wii and boot with hooks it still forces the GameCube controller. I know there's not a problem with the game or hardware as I used to play this using the Classic controller via Menu Loader for region free.
Maybe the game just uses gc controller? Or you should pull it out? Or maybe read the manual again?
I've tried this with a few different downloads of Gamma 0.3 but I always get the same result. Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

Fabianwashere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How should I burn Soul Calibur II for GameCube? I'm using WiiGator's backup loader, 0.1 Xi.
I read somewhere I have to multi-boot it, but my download only contains 1 Iso file.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
JJBro1 said:
Is there a way to make backups load just as fast as originals?
modchip
And what is the 002 fix?
A solution for an error some games get (like NFSU)

Posts merged

QUOTE(Fabianwashere @ Feb 24 2009, 04:30 PM) How should I burn Soul Calibur II for GameCube? I'm using WiiGator's backup loader, 0.1 Xi.
I read somewhere I have to multi-boot it, but my download only contains 1 Iso file.
Its tested with a multigame, but should work alone

Fabianwashere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
Fabianwashere said:
How should I burn Soul Calibur II for GameCube? I'm using WiiGator's backup loader, 0.1 Xi.
Its tested with a multigame, but should work alone
So I can just burn the Iso with IMGburn on a DVD-R on 16x?

edit: Nevermind, it worked =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 3D printing with chocolate. :D