Hacking Wii brick fix (bootmii stopped working)

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
LxTrix said:
(another brick)

see below
no, they need to stop being stupid
+1
why would we want a wii brick sub forum?
its bad enough that we have bricks, but to have a spot for it?
thats like encouraging bricks.
plus itd be filled with broken english and lost causes.

itd be a headache major but also good to have so the wii hacking forum can get cleaned up!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but if they have their own place, you wont have to be bothered by them daco. vote yes, let them get their own place, then never ever step foot into it.

for the guy that has bootmii IOS but no way to boot to it, it is f'ed in the a. if it isn't a hardware issue, you can send it to nintendo or slap in a mod chip and auto boot a game to fix it. the mod chip will be cheaper and you will still have the chip when its fixed. i think its like $35 for the chip and $85 for ninty to fix it.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
giantpune said:
but if they have their own place, you wont have to be bothered by them daco. vote yes, let them get their own place, then never ever step foot into it.
but that also means no laugh
frown.gif

+ it support idiocy in some way.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
idiocity or not accident do happend and there away people who will brick their wii annd people who want to help them.

so let the idiotic people and samaritans have their sanctuary

brick my wii a couple of times and also recoverd a couple of times. it'a unavoidable if you like to hack your wii and playaround with homebrew

Stollen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I too have a problem with my Wii. I'm sorry to expose it here, but I hope someone could help me.

I wanted to install Preloader and make use of some of those system menu patches;
so I run first "hackmii" and installed dvdx, latest version of homebrew channel and bootmii in both of his versions.
I then installed Preloader, but after I installed it I couldn't access the system menu anymore; only Preloader menu, homebrew channel e bootmii
I then decided to try to uninstall Preloader... so I took the v480 system menu (Japanese v4.2 - My Wii is/was japanese) wad and tryed to install it
but it gave me error... so, thinking it was the right procedure, I "uninstalled" the wad and then re-installed.... this time it didn't give me any error.
But when I rebooted my Wii it got completely black and Wiimotes didn't sync anymore. I have a GC controller though.

So I am now in this situation:
-I have no NAND backup 'cause the SD card I was using wasn't big enough to contain one.
-I have an old Infectus mod chip on.
-I can run Bootmii but no Homebrew channel (it goes to a black screen).
-I can run .dol files using CBoot2 but I can use only those that don't need the wii remote.

I tried reinstalling system menu files like 4.1J 4.2J 3.4J
using the modified Wad Manager and Dop-IOS
They seem to install fine (no error) but the system menu still won't work.

The Bootmii info page gave me these readings:
-Bootmii v0.9
-stub v1.1
-mini v0.9
-Sysmenu: unknown boot1b boot2v4
-NAND FS usage: 79.1%

The ios I have installed are (I list only the ones I think might be important, but if needed I have written down them all):
IOS36 v3351 (it should be patched)
IOS60 v6174
IOS70 v6687
IOS222 v4
IOS223 v4
IOS249 v14
IOS250 v65535
IOS254 v31338

I got this info from Dop-IOS.

I would be glad if someone could give me an advice. Sorry for using your time.

Stollen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
I think you've deleted the setting's.txt file off your wii when you uninstalled the system menu but I'm not sure

woah, thanks; I used System Setting Replace Tool 0.21 which I found by google and now the wii works all right ! Only problem is the setting was from USA xD But I guess I can put it back to japanese using AnyRegion Changer.
Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn