Hacking Homebrew BootMii as boot2 installing but not working?

MrNoobNub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! So I have an original white Wii which according to syscheck is a launch model. For whatever reason, it gives me the option to install bootmii as boot2, it installs, but when I try to boot it instead it just takes forever to start, the disc drive light flashes, and it just takes me to the system menu instead. I'm just wondering what causes this, and is there any way to get bootmii as boot2 working? Thanks in advance.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! So I have an original white Wii which according to syscheck is a launch model. For whatever reason, it gives me the option to install bootmii as boot2, it installs, but when I try to boot it instead it just takes forever to start, the disc drive light flashes, and it just takes me to the system menu instead. I'm just wondering what causes this, and is there any way to get bootmii as boot2 working? Thanks in advance.
You should be able to boot into BootMii as boot2 by holding down RESET whilst powering on. If the BootMii menu doesn't appear, then likely the BootMii files are not on the SD card or is corrupted.

Controls you can use either a GameCube controller or the POWER and RESET buttons on the Wii. The POWER button is for navigation, and RESET to select an option.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.