Hacking Why sit on 11.2 once you're CFW'd?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the people that say that the nightly fixes the lag. Are you guys sure? I saw someone still complain that the lag had only been reduced, but was still in fact there.

Or did a newer nightly builds also correct that?

Trophies
XP
First i heard of this lag issue, does it have anything to do with the TN/IPS screen? Well i mean no new features, no reason to update! DONE DEAL! NIntendo never baits anyone to updating their system anyway so is stalemate.
No. It specifically has to do with the patch for fasthax affecting some timer system calls.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why would security update effect game performance?

My next question would have been if is old or new 3ds specific, if not then i dunno, i'll shut my mouth. :ninja:
Read what I just posted.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's literally no benefits to upgrading to 11.3. 11.3 added nothing new and was only made to break things. Even with a CFW, there's no reason to upgrade to it. Not to mention CFWs allow for online play without updating, just saying.

Reactions: naddel81

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the people that say that the nightly fixes the lag. Are you guys sure? I saw someone still complain that the lag had only been reduced, but was still in fact there.

Or did a newer nightly builds also correct that?

It's only reduced. I don't know why people claim its completely fixed? None the less, it's still awesome that Tux was able to reduce lag in the first place!!!

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you aren't on 11.2 already it's kinda hard to update to it now without creating a frankenfirm (cart update)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

stupid question. if it's nintendo's fasthax patch that causes the lag, can't luma just revert it?

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Personal preference, and many people have different usages. IF you wish to play online you can still do so in 11.2, just more thinking to it, whereas 11.3 you can simply play online by launching the games multiplayer function. So, it's not to do with going online or updates because both of those are still available to users, it's down to different variables which have been explained and stated, to put it shortly.

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Once Nintendo leaves the 3DS alone, I won't sit in 11.2.
I'm tired to update Luma and Homebrew Launcher every time Nintendo patches it.

Besides, I do not play on-line, but I like to have some way to play the latest games for the platform.
Besides, I'd like to create homebrew games for 3DS, so having a hacked device to test them is important to me.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
the only reason why CFW users to stay on 11.2 is gateway

or people just too lazy to update.

Last edited by aos10,

leonhart83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am waiting on my "new" 3ds to come in the mail. It is on a version of firmware in the 10's. Once the CFW is loaded via following the 3ds.guide, is there a way you can upgrade your firmware to 11.2 manually?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am waiting on my "new" 3ds to come in the mail. It is on a version of firmware in the 10's. Once the CFW is loaded via following the 3ds.guide, is there a way you can upgrade your firmware to 11.2 manually?

yes, u can download the update with NUS. it will be a collection of cia files. the app to install them is safe updater or something to that effect. it will install, then verify. make sure u get the cia's for old or new 3ds depending on which console u have since they r different.

Last edited by godreborn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-