Hacking Why sit on 11.2 once you're CFW'd?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jmhannz
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,570
  • Replies Replies 41

jmhannz

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
383
Reaction score
86
Trophies
0
XP
301
Country
United States
Ok so I followed 3ds.guide and I have Luma and everythings great whatever. In the guide it has you update to 11.3 so you can obviously play the latest online games.... and now that you're custom firmwared you can go back in time to any firmware you want in theory? Why are so many people sitting on 11.2..........
 
As a casual player who likes to have custom themes, play online and play classic DS games. 11.3 has been serving me well and from my research I haven't heard of a reasonable reason to keep the firmware at 11.2. Unless 11.2 allows for some additional modifications that would most likely be irrelevant to my style of play. I'm curious to know if there's something I may have missed :)
 
Ok so I followed 3ds.guide and I have Luma and everythings great whatever. In the guide it has you update to 11.3 so you can obviously play the latest online games.... and now that you're custom firmwared you can go back in time to any firmware you want in theory? Why are so many people sitting on 11.2..........
Latest games like what? What game requires 11.3 Is just a patch to homebrew and downgrading and other exploits. Besides with ctrhttp homebrew you can still play online like regular with no update required. SO what purpose to update unless you too lazy to use that homebrew? :P

Basically there is actually no reason to update or stay on same firmware, they are all just patches to exploit, with homebrew like ctrhttp to use online on lower firmware, is just a stalemate. No new feature was added as a UPDATE SHOULD BE IN THE FIRST PLACE. :creep:
 
Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
I use freeshop on 11.3 to get games/updates...
And her point remains, she use 11.2 for gateshark, cause she can't do it on 11.3

There nothing to gain for updating or staying on lower firmware cause is just exploit patches, is a stalemate. Only reason to actually wonder this if there was a good enough offering to warrant a reason to update... like a new game requires it to play or new features added, fixed performance or issues.:mellow:
 
I think some people are worried about the reported lag in certain games that 11.3 introduced. The latest Luma hourly is supposed to remedy this issue, at least partially.
 
Plus, 11.3 is the only system version (apart from 9.0+ home launchers, but on O3DS you can just downgrade them) that actually LOWERS performance, admittedly in a single section of a game I don't personally care for, but it's clear this is worse than the usual "doesn't help doesn't hurt"
 
One very specific reason is that 11.3 causes lag in specific parts of ocarina of time 3d. As someone who like to speedrun the game, I am worried that there might be less noticable lag in other areas, so I stay on 11.2.
 
First i heard of this lag issue, does it have anything to do with the TN/IPS screen? Well i mean no new features, no reason to update! DONE DEAL! NIntendo never baits anyone to updating their system anyway so is stalemate.
 
First i heard of this lag issue, does it have anything to do with the TN/IPS screen? Well i mean no new features, no reason to update! DONE DEAL! NIntendo never baits anyone to updating their system anyway so is stalemate.
No, it has to do with the security updates in 11.3. It causes the videos you see from the shieka stone (hints) to lag and sputter. We don't know if it does anything else for sure. For speedrunning, that is a big risk imo. Say the lag also extends each transition screen by 0.2 seconds. That adds up, and it would be too small of a change to easily notice.
 
Last edited by MadMageKefka,
No, it has to do with the security updates in 11.3. It causes the videos you see from the shieka stone (hints) to lag and sputter. We don't know if it does anything else for sure. For soeedrunning, that is a big risk imo. Say the lag also extends each transition screen by 0.2 seconds. That adds up.
I know lag is bad, i just wasn't aware of the issue, i haven't been using 11.3 and the games i play don't really require any precise timing, for example, graphic novels, or turn based rpg or another.
 
I know lag is bad, i just wasn't aware of the issue, i haven't been using 11.3 and the games i play don't really require any precise timing, for example, graphic novels, or turn based rpg or another.
You asked if it had to do with the screen. I just answered.
 

Site & Scene News