Why does my Wii U keep trying to download a system update, did a new system update come out?

RyanXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already on the latest version, 5.5.6 U, as far as I'm aware. I have updates blocked so that's why it's not downloading. Does this have something to do with the Nintendo Network servers getting shut down on Monday? Because I'm trying to access Course World on Super Mario Maker one last time before the official Nintendo Network servers shut down and it isn't working.

Attachments

• C9EBAD6F-F559-4678-A5B5-979A3DA4440D.jpeg
    C9EBAD6F-F559-4678-A5B5-979A3DA4440D.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 6

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At random intervals the WiiU goes online to check if there is a new update. As you are blocking updates the WiiU can't complete its check. This is meant to happen.

Or in other words everything is working as it should lol.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I'm already on the latest version, 5.5.6 U, as far as I'm aware. I have updates blocked so that's why it's not downloading. Does this have something to do with the Nintendo Network servers getting shut down on Monday? Because I'm trying to access Course World on Super Mario Maker one last time before the official Nintendo Network servers shut down and it isn't working.
That's just an indicator that your dns block works as it should.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's normal when you have updates blocked, it's just showing that the update check failed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.