Can someone please help me with my Wii U?

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, did you download the UFDiine .zip file from the github? https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/UFDiine/releases/download/v1.1/ufdiine.zip

The folder needs to be extracted to the root of the SD card. So the "ufdiine" folder should be in wiiu\apps\ufdiine on the SD card.

Make sure you turn off your Wii U and wait for it to shut down before ejecting the SD card. And when you've got UFDiine extracted correctly to your SD card, insert it into the Wii U before turning the power back on.

User99947

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, did you download the UFDiine .zip file from the github? https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/UFDiine/releases/download/v1.1/ufdiine.zip

The folder needs to be extracted to the root of the SD card. So the "ufdiine" folder should be in wiiu\apps\ufdiine on the SD card.

Make sure you turn off your Wii U and wait for it to shut down before ejecting the SD card. And when you've got UFDiine extracted correctly to your SD card, insert it into the Wii U before turning the power back on.
I have a sort of new issue now. I successfully created the update folder! But now when I try to open the eShop it tells me a update is required would you like to go to settings to update it. I say yes, and it says your console is up to date ): Mine is on 5.5.5 but I want it on 5.5.6

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, what @Nothereed said, my bad for forgetting that part. You need to restart the Wii U without running in Tiramisu. Autoboot has to be off, too. Sorry that I forgot that part.

DAWSY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE AN ANGEL. So is everyone else here. Yall have helped me out SO MUCH.
I have the same problem and the same error! Literally every detail is the same for me. Except I have turned on the updates folder again, then I launched without tiramisu and then it still won't let me update (I get the same error).

I would so appreciate if you guys could help me out!

Audrene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem and the same error! Literally every detail is the same for me. Except I have turned on the updates folder again, then I launched without tiramisu and then it still won't let me update (I get the same error).

I would so appreciate if you guys could help me out!
Hihi! If none of the suggestions already in this thread worked, then my suggestion is following Step 3 on this link (I'm a new user, so you'll have to navigate here manually: /threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/).

Here's the step under a spoiler tag in case you can't navigate to the thread:
3) Unblocking updates:

If for whatever reason, you would like to return the Wii U to it's original updating state, start by following "1A)" or "1B)" of the guide, then proceed to the next step of this section:
  1. PC: Use an FTP client to connect to your Wii U using the IP address and port on your Wii U screen.
  2. PC: Once connected, Navigate to: "storage_mlc/sys/"
  3. PC: Right-click, and select "Create Directory". Create “update” folder. Once created, right-click again, and select "File Permissions".
  4. PC: When you originally did section "2)", if your permissions were the same as the screenshot in that section, enter those same permissions here. If not, then you should have noted them down somewhere. Enter those values instead, then click ok.
  5. Wii U: Press "Home" button to get back to HBL, press it again to get back to Mii Maker.
  6. Wii U: Exit Mii Maker, and click on system settings.
  7. System Settings: Attempt to update your Wii U as Normal. It should proceed to update normally.

From the looks of it, it may be possible you didn't set up the permissions of your update folder properly. (If you forgot the permissions, or the permissions from the screenshot in the thread didn't work, try running UFDiine to create the update folder from scratch again!)

DAWSY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hihi! If none of the suggestions already in this thread worked, then my suggestion is following Step 3 on this link (I'm a new user, so you'll have to navigate here manually: /threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/).

Here's the step under a spoiler tag in case you can't navigate to the thread:
3) Unblocking updates:

If for whatever reason, you would like to return the Wii U to it's original updating state, start by following "1A)" or "1B)" of the guide, then proceed to the next step of this section:
  1. PC: Use an FTP client to connect to your Wii U using the IP address and port on your Wii U screen.
  2. PC: Once connected, Navigate to: "storage_mlc/sys/"
  3. PC: Right-click, and select "Create Directory". Create “update” folder. Once created, right-click again, and select "File Permissions".
  4. PC: When you originally did section "2)", if your permissions were the same as the screenshot in that section, enter those same permissions here. If not, then you should have noted them down somewhere. Enter those values instead, then click ok.
  5. Wii U: Press "Home" button to get back to HBL, press it again to get back to Mii Maker.
  6. Wii U: Exit Mii Maker, and click on system settings.
  7. System Settings: Attempt to update your Wii U as Normal. It should proceed to update normally.

From the looks of it, it may be possible you didn't set up the permissions of your update folder properly. (If you forgot the permissions, or the permissions from the screenshot in the thread didn't work, try running UFDiine to create the update folder from scratch again!)
Oh my gosh Thank you Audrene! I saw that guide before but it looked scary and I didn't think it was applicable. I used the ftp to remake the folder (even though it was already there) and it worked! I was able to update my console!

Reactions: Audrene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet