Hacking Who uses flashcards on their 3DS?

Do you use a flashcard on your shiny new 3DS?

• Hell yeah! I love me some NDS goodness!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way! Don't want to risk an onine ban or similar!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
431unknown said:
naved.islam14 said:
No way. For the first time in my life I don't want to hack/mod a console.

I'm with you on that comment for now atleast until I buy a second unit.

I am with both of you
moogle.gif

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would if my SCDS2 finally arrived... I really love the 3DS's clicky d-pad, the DS Lite's pad is just awful.
The rumors about bricking and blocking are all bogus anyway. And if Nintendo actually did block people (which wouldn't make any sense) I'd just buy a 2nd 3DS and use one for my legit games and one for playing ROMs

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had my DSi stolen...
sad.gif

There's a bunch of DS games I still wanted to play. Should I buy a new DSi, use flashcart on my 3DS (when it arrives) or wait until May update without playing any DS games for now?

What do you guys think it's better?

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can use emulator on pc if you don't mind it being not portable
biggrin.gif

don't buy a dsi again, i'd say an acekard or a scds2 will be ok enough for the 3ds

i myself wait until the may update
cuz:
QUOTE said:
Stunned that people actually got fooled by the scare tactics.
better have the scare tactic work for 1,5-2months than to be true rather than being a scare tactic and have the online capabilites blocked or worse

doodads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RNorthex said:
u can use emulator on pc if you don't mind it being not portable
biggrin.gif

don't buy a dsi again, i'd say an acekard or a scds2 will be ok enough for the 3ds

i myself wait until the may update
cuz:
QUOTE said:
Stunned that people actually got fooled by the scare tactics.
better have the scare tactic work for 1,5-2months than to be true rather than being a scare tactic and have the online capabilites blocked or worse
that is true for sure, but I expect people who visit gbatemp to know better
tongue.gif

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really not that far fetched that they'd terminate WFC service for unauthorized use, considering it's standard practice with every other console. It would suck if Nintendo took this resolve against people who just want to play import games.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Even if there's only a .01% chance of something happening, there's no sense in running an f-cart on your 3ds if you still have a ds. That's why I'm keeping my Aqua Blue clean. Maybe even forever.

Things might change if the 'scene' progresses, though.
smileipb2.png

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't, out of fear more than anything. I'm not scared of an online ban or bricked system, but I don't think enough is known about the 3DS yet to make it worth the risk if there is indeed something going on behind the scenes.
That and I can't afford to waste £200.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Honestly if I didn't have a flashcart on the 3DS I'd probably still be carrying around the DS instead of the 3DS, there are far more and better games on my ak2i than the entire launch day selection of 3DS games and the 3DS games aren't good enough to keep me interested for any length of time, except maybe Super Monkey Ball, which is my favorite out of the 3 launch games I got (Rayman, Nintendogs). AR Games is fun but short and doesn't have much replay value.
I wouldn't be arsed to carry around both the DS and 3DS (and maybe chargers too), plus the 3DS is using the DS lite pouch (and fits perfectly in it).
Nintendo bricking consoles on purpose sounds highly unlikely, and highly illegal, so I doubt that's more than rumors based on pure speculation, therefore I'm not afraid of my 3DS getting bricked (at least by Nintendo's hands)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorrycostello said:
Honestly if I didn't have a flashcart on the 3DS I'd probably still be carrying around the DS, there are far more and better games on my ak2i than the entire launch day selection of 3DS games and the 3DS games aren't good enough to keep me interested for any length of time.
Well that's a given seeing as the DS has been getting new games since 2004 and the 3DS has only been getting games for a few weeks.

Anyway, I use it on my 3DS rarely. My DSiXL's screen is so much larger that I got used to it and now the 3DS looks tiny, so I usually use my flashcarts on my DSiXL rather than my 3DS.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to use my AK2i badly but Im not willing to risk it. I have patience enough to see if Nintendo can or will block you from their online if you use a flash cart.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my Acekard but I haven't used it on my 3DS at all. Just lack of interest in playing; & I'm going to let the first few updates pass.

Banchan9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my AK2i on my 3ds

I have to be careful while inserting/removing it because I get some resistance from the slot though (nothing serious)

sonicsmash2

Trophies
XP
Country
ill be waiting for the update, besides, once the update comes out ill be glue'd to playing all the zelda classic titles!

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished a deal where I walked away with a 3DS, Pilotswings Resort, and a DS2 that he had already used on the system. I figure the harm was already done, so I use it in the 3DS.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I go on Black Ops on my SCDS2 Every day basically, and I have not yet been banned. I doubt that will happen anyway, but I'd like to see them do it, maybe not to me but to some other poor unwitting soul, just so I know they'll do it, then I'll believe them and stop doing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto