Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
The story for me is simple: I have a few unfinished games, so right now install arm9loader is not a priority , I'm in 10.7 (official) I have set OOT3dhax which I use to access online services (eshop,miiverse, badge arcade) with "ctr-httpwn" and so far is enough, I downgraded once to 9.2 but the boot rate using a cfw and emunad was bad and I decide to go back where I was, I'll stay in 10.7 as longer as I can and when the time is right I will downgrade and try to install arm9loaderhax.

Just adding my 2cents here, I was playing animal crossing before arm9lh was released and I did not want to lose my game data after putting so many hours into it. After 2 formats as per the guide I really thought I lost all my save data (digital saves, streetpass, spotpass, friendlist) but that was not the case, once I had arm9lh installed it was like my o3ds hadnt been touched...and much better :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The story for me is simple: I have a few unfinished games, so right now install arm9loader is not a priority , I'm in 10.7 (official) I have set OOT3dhax which I use to access online services (eshop,miiverse, badge arcade) with "ctr-httpwn" and so far is enough, I downgraded once to 9.2 but the boot rate using a cfw and emunad was bad and I decide to go back where I was, I'll stay in 10.7 as longer as I can and when the time is right I will downgrade and try to install arm9loaderhax.

Did ctr-httpwn get fixed? Because I used it on 10.7 and it said that everything worked fine but I could not access online features. I used the no reboot from hbl and hans method but it never worked

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

So you have homebrew access. Why not back up the save games of those unfinished games with svdt then do the process? The boot rate is fixed by a9lh and the saves are kept save IF just IF anything goes wrong which really shouldn't happen if you follow Plai's guide

You have, but only if you own cubic ninja.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Super Mystery Dungeon is also an option but @TheDarkOne would need a powersaves to install it there. (at least I'm pretty sure PS works when given a save with a 11.0 payload installed)

That said however - gaining homebrew access on 11.0 won't grant downgrading due to min version checking.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really? Nice, I'll see if I can get the game sometime.
before it's too late - my ninjaedit is vital.

11.0 cannot be downgraded because the system now checks for minimum version. Even if we would get a new svcbackdoor access on 11.0 the downgrade would fail regardless. That is - unless the system can somehow be tricked to think the titles that are being installed are of right version... that's not yet a thing if it ever will be though.

kumita-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
before it's too late - my ninjaedit is vital.

11.0 cannot be downgraded because the system now checks for minimum version. Even if we would get a new svcbackdoor access on 11.0 the downgrade would fail regardless. That is - unless the system can somehow be tricked to think the titles that are being installed are of right version... that's not yet a thing if it ever will be though.
Ouch. I didn't hearted that.

That's really fucked Up

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

PixelTheKWolf

Memelord Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that dictatorship
Like not allowing another political party
In my opinion, its just..ugh.. I feel bad, but i seriously wish someone would nuke that telephone company. I am actually sick of it. 50 dollars, plus my standard phone bill, for THAT LOW of internet speed. To get double the speed its $100, like, what is this crap?

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So you have homebrew access. Why not back up the save games of those unfinished games with svdt then do the process? The boot rate is fixed by a9lh and the saves are kept save IF just IF anything goes wrong which really shouldn't happen if you follow Plai's guide

Yes I know but right now I'm just focusing on those unfinished games, if I install the arm9loader now I will spend more time tweaking or trying new games or homebrew and I will put aside the ones that I already have, believe me I know this will happen.

Just adding my 2cents here, I was playing animal crossing before arm9lh was released and I did not want to lose my game data after putting so many hours into it. After 2 formats as per the guide I really thought I lost all my save data (digital saves, streetpass, spotpass, friendlist) but that was not the case, once I had arm9lh installed it was like my o3ds hadnt been touched...and much better :)

Did ctr-httpwn get fixed? Because I used it on 10.7 and it said that everything worked fine but I could not access online features. I used the no reboot from hbl and hans method but it never worked

Works well for me, I tried yesterday with badge arcade and even downloaded a game using MyNintendo account.

teegeeack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that dictatorship
Like not allowing another political party
the ISP business in the U.S. is basically a system of collusion (price-fixing, non-competition) between the major ISPs and the gov't. here in my town (a suburb of san francisco), comcast cable television pretty much has a monopoly on high speed internet. no other companies have sufficient infrastructure (lines, routers, etc) installed to compete against them, nor any desire to begin competing against them. it differs from one town to another, usually only insofar as which specific company owns the local ISP monopoly. they each have their territories, they rarely intrude on each other's territories, and they all raise their prices together instead of undercutting each other. they're more like partners in a cartel rather than adversaries. the gov't legislators (congress) enable this activity by writing the laws to favor this kind of arrangement, and by restricting the power of the gov't's trade regulators (FCC, FTC) to do anything that would disrupt the cartel for the benefit of the customers.

just for example, personally i subscribe to satellite TV and 6MB/sec ADSL. the satellite is satisfactory, but the ADSL speed is not. comcast cable internet would be faster, but it would require giving up the satellite TV in order to use the wall sockets for comcast internet. at that point, i'd need to also subscribe to comcast TV in order to get a bundle discount and be able to receive more TV channels than the 4 or 5 channels that come in via the aerial/antenna. in fact, if i did not already have ADSL service... then ADSL would not even be an option for me because the phone company has deprecated ADSL to legacy status, no longer offers it to new subscribers, and has shown no inclination to expand fiber-optic internet into towns such as mine. taking that into consideration, the ISP business truly is a monopoly here.

if comcast were a company that i feel good about giving my money to, then i would do it. but i know from personal experience that the reliability of their service is not great, their prices/terms are volatile (they can't even make up their mind from one month to the next about whether they have a usage-quota policy or not), and they treat customers poorly when any problems arise.

Last edited by teegeeack,

joyoshi

ICUP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the ISP business in the U.S. is basically a system of collusion (price-fixing, non-competition) between the major ISPs and the gov't. here in my town (a suburb of san francisco), comcast cable television pretty much has a monopoly on high speed internet. no other companies have sufficient infrastructure (lines, routers, etc) installed to compete against them, nor any desire to begin competing against them. it differs from one town to another, usually only insofar as which specific company owns the local ISP monopoly. they each have their territories, they rarely intrude on each other's territories, and they all raise their prices together instead of undercutting each other. they're more like partners in a cartel rather than adversaries.

personally i subscribe to satellite TV and 6MB/sec ADSL. the satellite is satisfactory, but the ADSL speed is not. comcast cable internet would be faster, but it would require giving up the satellite TV in order to use the wall sockets for comcast internet. at that point, i'd need to also subscribe to comcast TV in order to get a bundle discount and be able to receive more TV channels than the 4 or 5 channels that come in via the aerial/antenna. in fact, if i did not already have ADSL service... then ADSL would not even be an option for me because the phone company has deprecated ADSL to legacy status, no longer offers it to new subscribers, and has shown no inclination to expand fiber-optic internet into towns such as mine. taking that into consideration, the ISP business truly is a monopoly here.

if comcast were a company that i feel good about giving my money to, then i would do it. but i know from personal experience that the reliability of their service is not great, their prices/terms are volatile (they can't even make up their mind from one month to the next about whether they have a usage-quota policy or not), and they treat customers poorly when any problems arise.
What does this have to do with anything? I'm confused.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a 9.2 sysnand with a 11.0 emunand (Reinand). How should I go from here to install a9lh without losing my stuff? Most tutorials make you start from scratch.

teegeeack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does this have to do with anything? I'm confused.
it's a reply to an off-topic discussion about the poor quality/choice of internet access providers in the U.S.

disregard it if that topic doesn't interest you.

but i do apologize if continuing an off-topic discussion annoys or confuses anybody.

Last edited by teegeeack,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle