Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
And don't forget you'll be added to the list.

LOL, is funny to see my name there.

Just to clarify: I'm waiting to get a bigger SD card to do all the procces for A9LH (Seriously, i have less than 700MB available without games and other stuff). So yeh, i'm using MenuHax on the go.

SWS90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using rxTools and I'm ok with that.
I don't see any reason to use arm9loaderhax.
I don't want to have to reinstall my games, or lose any save data.
I don't want to risk bricking my 3ds.

PixelTheKWolf

Memelord Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can support that, if thats what you want, its your decision. I mean, Some people, like me, are technical when it comes to electronics, and would probably take risks. But i honestly wouldn't recommend a starter of 3dshax to try A9LH.

Reactions: SWS90

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because I'm lazy and by the time menuhax stops being supported the NX will probably have launched already.
Please don't be on the bandwagon that thinks the NX will actually be a full on handheld. Nothing is confirmed yet so it's safer to assume that it's ONLY a home console with possibly in-home streaming - that is, over local wireless like Nvidia Shield instead of over bluetooth like WiiU.

/offtopic

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok with these ones.

But that one isn't a valid reason though. It's written in the guide "If everything goes according to plan, you will lose no data and end up with everything that you started with (games, NNID, saves, etc will be preserved)" (written in bold here because it's in bold in the guide).

Reactions: XRaTiX

joyoshi

ICUP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please don't be on the bandwagon that thinks the NX will actually be a full on handheld. Nothing is confirmed yet so it's safer to assume that it's ONLY a home console with possibly in-home streaming - that is, over local wireless like Nvidia Shield instead of over bluetooth like WiiU.

/offtopic
The thing is, I only play my ds at home. Never anywhere else. So I have no need for anything portable.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd consider fairly frequently boot failures to be broken, but that's just me.

I rarely have failed boot and why I get some, I often noticed it seems to be related to the red card as removing it and inserting it again often fix it (when you rarely get two failed boot in a row for example). And as I said before, been a while since a newly 3DS game interested me, so it mean again less useful to install a completely new method to boot (still no signs of DQ7/8 western release and the new Pokemon won't be out before the end of the year).

And from what I read (and saw on my old japanese 3DS), RxTools seems to have a 99% percent booting rate.

I read on Gateway website they will soon release something to install it easily, though I won't still use it, not really needed for me.

Last edited by davhuit,

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well with the online errors that some people are reporting (I know the nightly build correct that) now I am undecided whether to install or not the amr9loader , now does not seem such a good idea at all. I will wait until this get more stable.

D

Deleted-379826

Well with the online errors that some people are reporting (I know the nightly build correct that) now I am undecided whether to install or not the amr9loader , now does not seem such a good idea at all. I will wait until this get more stable.
It is completely stable lmao your calling it off because a small bug in a build mind you it's not a"build" of a9lh (not even a thing anyway) it's for a cfw that was ment for older versions anyway

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Almost all programs in the guide on top of already not being able to brick without purposefully messing up take care of you they literally check if files are proper and stuff lol

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is completely stable lmao your calling it off because a small bug in a build mind you it's not a"build" of a9lh (not even a thing anyway) it's for a cfw that was ment for older versions anyway

Maybe youre right but that is because I'm still on the fence and even the small thing push me back.

D

Deleted-379826

Except the next build was released immediately after so it's on you if you didn't update it... On top of that it's even if you choose to use Luma (which you DEFINETLY SHOULD)

Last edited by ,

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I finally got around to installing it. I admit I got really nervous when Otphelper was cloning the 2.1 emunand to sysnand.

Is there anything else I can do now, besides have a quicker boot up and brick protection?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it why hasn't anyone done it yet.
While downgrading, your New3DS has a higher risk of bricking. But Its not the case for Old3DS users. Why? Why haven't you installed arm9loaderhax yet? Comments and the poll too.

Advantages of arm9loaderhax
- That thing is fast.... sysNAND boot speeds for all CFW.
- No need of an EmuNAND. Feel free to update your sysNAND.
- Unbrick sysNAND without a hardmod.
- Region Free (If using AuReiNAND)
- You can tease menuhax peasants
It was my initial understand that A9 was more for the N3DS than the O3DS, for one.

Secondly, been perfectly happy with GW emuNAND, save for GBA and DSiWare not working at all, still. And since there's no way (that I know of) to for example copy one emuNAND off one board to another and expect it to work, even though I still have a refurb O3DS motherboard available, I wouldn't have a way to use the emuNAND on it if I ever bricked my original for whatever reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!