Can't boot into SafeB9SInstaller, Luma v6.6

FishAxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all. Been trawling around the net for a few hours tryinig to figure this one out. I have a new 3dsxl that I hacked in around 2016 i think? I can't remember what method I used but it has menuhax and arm9loaderhax files on the SD card. I followed this guide on 3dshacks for updating a9lh to b9s up to section 2, where it tells you to hold "Start" while booting, when it does nothing, and just boots to the regular 3DS home menu. I have been pulling my hair out trying to fix it. I am thinking it has something to do with the fact that luma seems to be installed on my NAND, as it still launches without the SD card in, and whenever I put an updated boot file in, the version number does not change. If anyone has ANY input or advice at all, I would greatly appreciate it, as I am at a loss as to how to fix this issue. P.S. My luma version has remained at v6.6 at every stage of the process. Thank you for your time.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all. Been trawling around the net for a few hours tryinig to figure this one out. I have a new 3dsxl that I hacked in around 2016 i think? I can't remember what method I used but it has menuhax and arm9loaderhax files on the SD card. I followed this guide on 3dshacks for updating a9lh to b9s up to section 2, where it tells you to hold "Start" while booting, when it does nothing, and just boots to the regular 3DS home menu. I have been pulling my hair out trying to fix it. I am thinking it has something to do with the fact that luma seems to be installed on my NAND, as it still launches without the SD card in, and whenever I put an updated boot file in, the version number does not change. If anyone has ANY input or advice at all, I would greatly appreciate it, as I am at a loss as to how to fix this issue. P.S. My luma version has remained at v6.6 at every stage of the process. Thank you for your time.

So likely nothing to do with luma being on the nand. The newest luma won't boot untill b9s is installed.

Did you definitley copy the .bin from b9s installer zip? And by that I mean not any of the other files with the same name but a different extension that are in that zip.

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure that SafeB9SInstaller.bin is in luma/payloads?

FishAxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So likely nothing to do with luma being on the nand. The newest luma won't boot untill b9s is installed.

Did you definitley copy the .bin from b9s installer zip? And by that I mean not any of the other files with the same name but a different extension that are in that zip.
Definitely got the right file... did it at least 4 times triple checking. Refused to do anything. I even have file extensions enabled on windows.
Post automatically merged:

Are you sure that SafeB9SInstaller.bin is in luma/payloads?
100% positive; copied the path and checked it against the guide to triple check

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto