Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Salamencizer, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Why?

1. I don't wanna risk another downgrade

13.5%
  2. I already bricked my 3DS while doing it

3.7%
  3. The procedure is too complicated for me

7.6%
  4. I am a noobie who uses Internet Explorer and likes slow things which don't work most of the times

2.9%
  5. What's arm9loaderhax?

6.9%
  6. I am already a part of the arm9loaderhax master race.

56.3%
  7. I am lazier than a slakoth

16.5%
  8. I am still in the process of installing a9lh

2.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Salamencizer
    OP

Salamencizer Handsome Computer Nerd

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    Below
    I don't get it why hasn't anyone done it yet.
    While downgrading, your New3DS has a higher risk of bricking. But Its not the case for Old3DS users. Why? Why haven't you installed arm9loaderhax yet? Comments and the poll too.

Advantages of arm9loaderhax
    - That thing is fast.... sysNAND boot speeds for all CFW.
    - No need of an EmuNAND. Feel free to update your sysNAND. This also saves ~1GB space on your SD Card.
    - sysNAND brick protection.
    - Region Free (If using Luma3DS)

For those of you who rely on Cart games, (Which you bought yourselves) (and you dont use CIAs) people are working on a solution for A9LH which will make your 3DS boot even without the SD Card (i.e. The CFW would be on your NAND!!)EDIT:SHADOWNAND!

To get help while installing a9lh, either post your query here, here or here.

Last edited by Salamencizer, Jun 27, 2016

2. dannyboy941

dannyboy941 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2012
    For what is that good anyway only get better boot rate?Or does it mean i can able have 3 Nands or more?

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I am actually running A9LH myself, but I would like to argue, that some people don't like the risk of bricking. This does come with a risk of bricking your system, no matter how safe the process has become, there's still that risk. And not everyone has a hard mod or are willing to ship their system out to be hard modded. So it's just safer to keep a set up like MenuHAX.

4. Bat420maN

Bat420maN GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Fresno
    None of those reasons are mine. I am just simply lazy! Everything works now, I can do anything you guys can. You just do it a little faster. It's ok though, I am a great fisherman.

Last edited by Bat420maN, Apr 11, 2016
  5. dannyboy941

dannyboy941 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2012
    Ah an Brick Protection like BootMii thanks for answer.

6. Salamencizer
    OP

Salamencizer Handsome Computer Nerd

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    Below
    You can unbrick a bricked sysNAND without a hardmod.

7. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    1: i've seen too many "i made one small mistake and now my 3DS is a fancy paperweight!"
    2: the guides i've seen all revolve around a fresh install. i'm not risking something i did to my set up ages ago somehow fucking it up.
    3: too lazy. it'd take me a good day to do all of the 3DS' we have. and menuhax works just fine other than the occasional freeze.

EDIT: This was ages ago. The install process is way quicker, and safer, and easier now! I've done all of our 3DSes

Last edited by dimmidice, Oct 24, 2016
  8. Hbizzy

Hbizzy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 29, 2016
    United States
    I installed it on my backup n3ds but will not on my main because I like being able to pull out my sd card and boot an untouched 9.2 sysnand for resale or warranty, without having to reflash the sysnand.

Peace of mind wins out over boot speed and bootrate for me.

elBenyo likes this.
  9. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Personally I'm on A9LH already, though after reading some of the comments from other users, a small group of them also don't like the idea of not being able to use the 3DS without an SD card inserted or they can't install A9LH due to a faulty SD reader.

Majickhat55 likes this.
  10. Segtendo

Segtendo #TeamMarie

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    Illinois
    Me? I can never find a straight answer at what it does. All these different kinds of NANDs and CFW confuse me, as I'm still new to the whole 3DS homebrew scene. All the terminology is confusing as well.

Plus, seeing that it's more risky on the n3DS, which is my main 3DS, I don't want to risk it. I already had soft bricks when trying to downgrade my n3DS before I had to format.

I'm sticking to launching to rxTools via Menuhax. Sure, the bootrate isn't 100%, but it's the simplest and works for me.

Last edited by Segtendo, Apr 11, 2016
  11. honyo29

honyo29 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    Indonesia
    i have really low chance to mess up my sysnand with my current interaction with n3ds; mainly just install and play games on it. i have better chance of bricking my n3ds if i try a9lh.
    i usually only boot n3ds once a day, then shut it down when i'm done playing that day. extra couple seconds with menuhax really not a big deal.
    i use my free time to actually playing games for now. i have spare o3ds that i no longer use, still i prefer use my free time to play and finish my backlogs than bother with a9lh.
    maybe someday when i don't feel like playing 3ds games anymore.

Nightwish and NightsOwl like this.
  12. dicamarques

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    I cba to reconfigure my 3DS, its working fine, its not update to the latest fw but i also havent used it much.
    Also at the rate the 3DS scene is moving, i prefer to wait a few months because something new is always around the corner

13. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Too complex and the risk factors of bricking even though I own o3ds's, still hinders me to do so, CTRBoot + MenuHax + rxTools CFW is my set up ^^

Wafflepaint and Pikasack like this.
  14. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    With the newest guides and tools it looks safer than it was, but since I bricked my old 3DS 7 weeks ago using the recommended guides as of then, and since I'm still waiting on my hard mod to be completed, I certainly can't lightly recommend installing it. Menuhax + ctrBootManager + Gateway on my New 3DS has a 95% boot rate, and since I don't turn it on/off more than once or twice a day, the boot time doesn't matter too much.

jesus96 likes this.
  15. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    I already bricked one of my three 3DSes. Even is it wasn't A9LH related, I probably won't survive if I also brick my N3DS, so I don't want to take the risk.

evandixon likes this.
  16. verifyvenuz

verifyvenuz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Poland
    were da hart iz
    I'm fine with my setup and I'm super lazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. Kibido

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Exactly. I won't go through the trouble just to boot in 10 seconds instead of 20.

NightsOwl likes this.
  18. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat halloween peener

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    i don't want to spend 3 hours just so my 3ds takes 10 seconds less to boot

ken28, Returnofganon, phalk and 3 others like this.
  19. NightsOwl

NightsOwl Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)

Jul 8, 2012
    United States
    Why would I bother doing it? I have CFW run through a Menuhax Boot. Which succeeds more than it fails for me. And even if it didn't, I hardly ever turn my 3DS off.

So instead of being perfectly okay with my 3DS, why would I risk another downgrade, and other *more* complicated steps just so I can boot into my CFW instantly?

1-2 Minutes of booting (Assuming boots fail) is a much more manageable thing to me instead of potentially bricking my 3DS doing things that are much more difficult than just Downgrading once, and installing a CFW which literally has no chance of bricking once you're past the downgrade.

The fact that people would put their 3DS' in risk just for booting straight to CFW instantly instead of potentially waiting 1 - 2 minutes is past beyond me.

That being said, if there's ever a A9LH feature that can't be done on CFW and it's substantial, I may consider it. But for faster booting? No way.

Last edited by NightsOwl, Apr 11, 2016
  20. Kibido

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Probably it's more because they'll have something to brag about later.