Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't want to spend 3 hours just so my 3ds takes 10 seconds less to boot
Those 10 seconds can make a difference (sometimes it's even a bigger difference than that).

Imagine this, you turn on your 3DS once a day. Menuhax takes 20 seconds (let's assume this at least). 7 x 20 = 140 seconds, which is 2.3 minute. Sounds like a little, right? Let's multiply that by 4 (which is a month). 2.3 x 4 = 9.3, still sounds like a little? Let's multiply it by 12 (which is a year. 9.3 x 12 = 112 minutes. You're wasting 112 minutes a year by booting your 3DS once a day (this is assuming you only do it once a day, some may do it multiple times a day. This also assumes boot time is 20 seconds, some have longer boot times).

What about 10 seconds with A9LH?
One year with A9LH would only waste 56 minutes of your life, not even a full hour! Menuhax is close to 2 hours!

Sorry, my inner math was unleashed.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't use the 3ds too much.
Not one of the 3ds games makes me want to play like in the old times (when I was 12 or something like that, I could perfectly play 8-9 hours/day).
Now I barely play 2 hours at most, so in my case I think that spending 4-5 hours in the process is not worth

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I plan to do it soon but since I'm in college and that I've heard it takes up to 3 hours to install, I don't have the time. I plan to do it once I finish school (which is by April 29.)

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who have flash cards probably don't have a reason for a9lh. You boot into sysnand for sky, so that's 100% anyway.
IDK about Gateway boot rate, but I never heard any complaints over it.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those 10 seconds can make a difference (sometimes it's even a bigger difference than that).

Imagine this, you turn on your 3DS once a day. Menuhax takes 20 seconds (let's assume this at least). 7 x 20 = 140 seconds, which is 2.3 minute. Sounds like a little, right? Let's multiply that by 4 (which is a month). 2.3 x 4 = 9.3, still sounds like a little? Let's multiply it by 12 (which is a year. 9.3 x 12 = 112 minutes. You're wasting 112 minutes a year by booting your 3DS once a day (this is assuming you only do it once a day, some may do it multiple times a day. This also assumes boot time is 20 seconds, some have longer boot times).

One year with A9LH would only waste 56 minutes of your life, not even a full hour! Menuhax is close to 2 hours!

Yeah, and don't forget the 8 hours you waste sleeping 7 days a week and the 8 hours you waste working 4-7 days a week. Don't forget about the time you're going to the bathroom....

2 Hours a year isn't anything. And you can easily pull out your Smartphone or do something else for a few seconds while it's turning on. This isn't a good argument. x_x

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States

Compare that to the time it takes to set up arm9loaderhax, and the time you'll be waiting on a hard mod if something goes wrong, and your argument is invalid

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Notime.jpg

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and don't forget the 8 hours you waste sleeping 7 days a week and the 8 hours you waste working 4-7 days a week. Don't forget about the time you're going to the bathroom.

2 Hours a year isn't anything. And you can easily pull out your Smartphone or do something else for a few seconds while it's turning on. This isn't a good argument. x_x
Oh yeah, crap! I forgot how going to sleep and going to the bathroom totally isn't a necessity for the human body! /s

Your example was terrible tbh.

NightsOwl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compare that to the time it takes to set up arm9loaderhax, and the time you'll be waiting on a hard mod if something goes wrong, and your argument is invalid
You're actually right. From his calculations, you'd spend more time in a day setting it up than wasting in that whole year of just booting with menuhax. :rolleyes:

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North

That's true. EXCEPT IF YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WHILE YOUR 3DS IS BOOTING!
For example, I can make my turn on my 3DS while I wash my hands, then it wouldn't be wasted time, since I wouldn't be able to do anything anyway :creep:
Neither of those options it just doesn't support Gateway yet.
Soon
Inb4 a9lh master race incoming.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
67404922.jpg

NightsOwl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, crap! I forgot how going to sleep and going to the bathroom totally isn't a necessity for the human body! /s

Your example was terrible tbh.
You seem mad. My point was that 2 hours a year is a joke to warrant a 3 hour set up. When there's over 8700 hours in a year, 2 isn't a lot.

But hey, you're the math whiz who must be right. /s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI