Help with a likely lost cause

AglioEOlio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me say this first: I know there is LITERALLY NO REASON to uninstall cfw or return a 3ds to factory settings, I just wanted to retry installing it to show a friend, even though that runs the risk of bricking even MORE.

I think I reaaaally messed my system up bad. I thought I restored my system to factory defaults correctly but didn’t fully delete all the custom firmware through gm9 before formatting it. I DID follow the guide to uninstalling cfw, I just accidentally skipped the part where you “uninstall hax” with gm9 and just went right ahead and formatted it. When I turn on my 3ds after inserting my sd card, it still boots into luma, even after I delete all the files on the sd card (I only deleted the files after I formatted the system through system settings). I’m not sure how to uninstall the hacks without gm9, and I’m afraid to re-install it again out of fear of it bricking the system. I’m not sure at all why it hasn’t bricked yet, or maybe actually it’s because I didn’t uninstall the hacks but just rather deleted all the files. Is there anything I can do? I just want to finish removing the rest of the cfw.

I am heavily convinced that at this point there is nothing I can do, but if anyone can confirm this at least, I would be grateful for your help

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and I’m afraid to re-install it again out of fear of it bricking the system.
Then stop uninstallating and deleting stuff and repeat the finalizing part of The Guide.

With the latest update and eShop closure limiting possibilities of installing B9S, such experiments should only be done with working ntrboot cart at hand.
You might end up without working method of reinstalling B9S if you continue the incomprehensible "delete everything" and "start from scratch" method.

AglioEOlio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah reinstall the files. And restart the process
I've tried this before and I can't install unsafe mode. Once i go to data management > dsiware > sd card in system settings, it won't allow me to install unsafe mode because "cfw installed already." Luma still is able to boot up despite the fact that everything else is gone, and bb3 exploit won't run because it detects luma presumably.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've tried this before and I can't install unsafe mode. Once i go to data management > dsiware > sd card in system settings, it won't allow me to install unsafe mode because "cfw installed already." Luma still is able to boot up despite the fact that everything else is gone, and bb3 exploit won't run because it detects luma presumably.
You already have CFW, so please don't try to "start from scratch". That is not needed and it doesn't work.

Start at the finalizing part. You should also copy boot.firm and boot.3dsx to your SD (latest release of Luma3DS) again, since the finalizing page assumes these to be already there. Everything should be back to normal afterwards.

If there are any problems somebody should be able to help you.

AglioEOlio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then stop uninstallating and deleting stuff and repeat the *link*

With the latest update and eShop closure limiting possibilities of installing B9S, such experiments should only be done with working ntrboot cart at hand.
You might end up without working method of reinstalling B9S if you continue the incomprehensible "delete everything" and "start from scratch" method.
Again, I would if I could, but like I said, I can't access unsafe mode. I can't install b9s because i can't activate unsafe mode. I can't activate unsafe mode because luma is installed.
Post automatically merged:

You already have CFW, so please don't try to "start from scratch". That is not needed and it doesn't work.

Start at the finalizing part. You should also copy boot.firm and boot.3dsx to your SD (latest release of Luma3DS) again, since the finalizing page assumes these to be already there. Everything should be back to normal afterwards.

If there are any problems somebody should be able to help you.
alright, I'll give it a try. thank you for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1