Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally dont see myself installing it on my n3ds because i really only use games, homebrew apps, and themes.

I also like keeping sysnand and emunand seperate. And im patient enough to wait the 20 seconds for it to boot into emunand cfw.

Maybe ill do a9lh as a service for people.

Reactions: verifyvenuz

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
there is a way nintedo could break a9lh though if theres a new update that requirees writing to where a9lh is stored in the firm it could cause the update to be courrpted and not run

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i use arm9loader hax cause i want my 3ds to boot how it normally does and not have to wait for menuhax to load and when it yellow screens its annoying and using just homebrew launcher has no kernal acess and when nintedo make an update you have to update to i to go online and when menuhax and browser hax got broken i had no option but to downgrade and i used menuhax untill a9lh was a thing

duscdragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't installed a9lh for three reasons. First, I have a modified TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM and I've heard that this will brick your device when during the process. When I downgraded, my 3DS was almost brand new, so I didn't have anything to worry about. Now, with so many modifications, I'm kinda scared of bricking. Second of all, I am worried that the progress on all my games will be lost and that I will have to reinstall all my CIAs, which will be a pain. Finally, I'm kinda satisfied with MenuHax, as it works for me most of the time and I don't really see the reason to spend 4 hours with a chance of brick to shave like 5 seconds off of the boot time.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I haven't installed a9lh for three reasons. First, I have a modified TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM and I've heard that this will brick your device when during the process. When I downgraded, my 3DS was almost brand new, so I didn't have anything to worry about. Now, with so many modifications, I'm kinda scared of bricking. Second of all, I am worried that the progress on all my games will be lost and that I will have to reinstall all my CIAs, which will be a pain. Finally, I'm kinda satisfied with MenuHax, as it works for me most of the time and I don't really see the reason to spend 4 hours with a chance of brick to shave like 5 seconds off of the boot time.

You can just flash the clean twl/agb and that issie is gone. Also its done on emunand so if it fucks up while downgrading(where the twl/agb shit causes issue) you just flash the emunand backup it tells you to make. You can then try again.

You don't lose any of your saves. The guide has you backup and restore everything.

No joke if you bothered to read the guide before forming an opinion you would know these things. Read and think for yourself don't just go by what people who have never done it or read the guide think.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
i don't think this will happen but what if nintedo detect your 3ds has a9lh on it when updating and brick your 3ds complete if it has it on there
They would get into trouble. They can not cause harm to a consumer device.
Also if they could detect it they would be able to detect you are using an emunand with menuhax.

Last edited by pbanj,
Reactions: TheLegendofMario

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well they could kinda patch by making a new update that requires the firm pation where a9lh is stored and the cfw will prevent it from replacing it and the update would be courrpted and not run

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

PBallWiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny but most of the threads I've read lately involving a bricked unit have one thing in common.....A9HL setups.
Process just seems to risky to me.
I haven't felt the need for anything beyond CFW on an emuNAND.
Perhaps my feelings will change in the future but right now emuNAND

XRaTiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Funny but most of the threads I've read lately involving a bricked unit have one thing in common.....A9HL setups.
Process just seems to risky to me.
I haven't felt the need for anything beyond CFW on an emuNAND.
Perhaps my feelings will change in the future but right now emuNAND

Besides that,one thing in common too.. user error.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Because of user mistakes, not technical failures (except for the 9.2 downgrading softbricks on N3DS, but that is not a permanent brick, and can be fixed by a system format prior to downgrading).

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rick Cook

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Because of user mistakes, not technical failures (except for the 9.2 downgrading softbricks on N3DS, but that is not a permanent brick, and can be fixed by a system format prior to downgrading).
I'd still love to know what causes those, I've been 100% unable to replicate them consistently, it's just something that kind of happens.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well they could kinda patch by making a new update that requires the firm pation where a9lh is stored and the cfw will prevent it from replacing it and the update would be courrpted and not run

Even IF this were viable (it really isn't), they'd be facing absolute lawsuit hell in the US for pulling a stunt like this.

Reactions: TuxSH

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to be stupid to brick you 3ds while installing arm 9 loader Hax by downloading wrong update or your 3ds closeing when top helper is restoring nand which will cause otp to black screen and crash. People I have seen that brick there 3ds is the ones who download new 3ds update and they have old 3ds or old 3ds update and they have new 3ds

solress

Not a dev
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have to be stupid to brick you 3ds while installing arm 9 loader Hax by downloading wrong update or your 3ds closeing when top helper is restoring nand which will cause otp to black screen and crash. People I have seen that brick there 3ds is the ones who download new 3ds update and they have old 3ds or old 3ds update and they have new 3ds
My friend also did this, he installed the old 3ds update on his 2ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...