which wii dvd drive is 'best'? D2-E etc...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by cearp, Nov 23, 2009.

1. cearp
    OP

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    hey, i just bought a new wii, it should get here in a few days.
    i assume it will have a D3-2 drive, that cannot be modded.
    replacement drives are quite cheap, and i am wondering which one to get, say, if i could pick any one of them.
    if i get the first one DMS-A or something [​IMG] then it would be the most compatible etc, but, apart from blocking modchips, have nintendo made each drive 'better' than the last, eg quieter, smoother?
    since, a D2-E is the same price (where i saw, on ebay) and since it is newer, would it not be a better drive to install?
    thank a lot, any help is appreciated [​IMG]

p.s. does any homebrew/hack install anything to the dvd drive? so, if i install all my region free stuff, i will be good to go, and not need to install again once i have replaced the drive?
    thanks again!

2. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    I think the earliest drives have problems reading dual layer games like Brawl.

3. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

Not true, I know lots of people with launch Wii's which can read SSBB perfectly fine.

4. cearp
    OP

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice