Hardware replacing the DVD drive

Farepoynt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
hello, such a question. my Wii has a broken DVD drive. on AliExpress, I wanted to order a new one, but I found that there are differences in the drives, since there are some kinds of chips. after disassembling my console, I realized that my chip is d3 or d4. the question is, if I buy a DVD drive with a chip on AliExpress, for example, d2e and install it on my wii, will it work?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello, such a question. my Wii has a broken DVD drive. on AliExpress, I wanted to order a new one, but I found that there are differences in the drives, since there are some kinds of chips. after disassembling my console, I realized that my chip is d3 or d4. the question is, if I buy a DVD drive with a chip on AliExpress, for example, d2e and install it on my wii, will it work?
Yes it should work. Older drive chipset has the advantage it can be convinced in reading standard DVDs with modchip and/or softmod methods.
Normally drives are interchangeable across the Wii revisions -- unless it is a Wii Mini. That drive is totally different (physical, connector).

Farepoynt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yes it should work. Older drive chipset has the advantage it can be convinced in reading standard DVDs with modchip and/or softmod methods.
Normally drives are interchangeable across the Wii revisions -- unless it is a Wii Mini. That drive is totally different (physical, connector).

Thank you:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto