Hacking When starting the Cyclo for the first time.....

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What files do you put for the microSD?

First, you have to put the update file in the root. Once it updated, it will make a CycloDS folder by itself, right? On the root, I create a Games and a Homebrew folder. The Moonshell app goes into the CycloDS folder. Is that all there is to it?

Tragoedia181

B*tch I Look Like Goku!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
caffolote said:

First, you have to put the update file in the root. Once it updated, it will make a CycloDS folder by itself, right? On the root, I create a Games and a Homebrew folder. The Moonshell app goes into the CycloDS folder. Is that all there is to it?
yep that it you should also make a folder for video and Skins

LuOmeoga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually what the Cyclo does is all you have to do is load the new firmware one time and it will update it on the card itself and delete the folder you had with the updated firmware on your MicroSD

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
caffolote said:
Where do you put the music and videos? Does it go somewhere in the moonshell folder?
No, nothing goes in the moonshell folder except moonshell skins. Music and videos go in the root, just like your ROMs. If you like to be organized then you can create a folder to put them in.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MaNsiu58 said:
I bot a new sd card. Do I just copy everything from my current sd to the next one? or must I do the update again?
No you don't need to update again, the update is stored in the Cyclo's on-board memory.
yaynds.gif

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caffolote said:

No. Moonshell app goes to the root of the microsd card.
tongue.gif

QUOTEthe video must be in .dpg format and put the Video Folder on the root my your micro sd card
It doesn't matter what folders the videos are in, since Moonshell can browse your microsd.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShiningSaber said:
QUOTE said:
the video must be in .dpg format and put the Video Folder on the root my your micro sd card
It doesn't matter what folders the videos are in, since Moonshell can browse your microsd.
It can't browse its own folder (the moonshl) folder. So don't put music or videos in there.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also have you ever tried holding SELECT when booting up a game but couldn't get RTS to initialize? It happens to me a lot before.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Also have you ever tried holding SELECT when booting up a game but couldn't get RTS to initialize? It happens to me a lot before.
1. Make sure RTS is enabled in the settings menu
2. Make sure you have enough space on your MicroSD.
3. Make sure you start holding select before pressing A when loading up a game.

Link5084

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some reason Moonshell wont play my music files. They always freeze. Do they need to be at a specific format? My files are in .m4a format.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't think that's supported. I just use .mp3 and they all play fine.

Yeah, Moonshell can't play .m4a music files. DSOrganize can play some though, but the quality might not be the best. I suggest converting to .mp3
(who the fuck uses .m4a anyways? I've never even heard of it)

Link5084

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they were like that when I got them from some site. I'll try converting them.

Also, how come in some games my save doesn't work when I set it to Normal, but it does work when I set it to Alternative? Do you need to set it to Alternative to use RTS?

ShiningSaber

Tiger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Don't think that's supported. I just use .mp3 and they all play fine.

Yeah, Moonshell can't play .m4a music files. DSOrganize can play some though, but the quality might not be the best. I suggest converting to .mp3
(who the fuck uses .m4a anyways? I've never even heard of it)
It's one of the unprotected formats that itunes uses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course