What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't started gaming yet today but my mission is to use my newly transferred ME2 file (in which, thanks to my magical time control ability of 'Alternate Save Files', Tali DIDN'T get shot in the face) I plan to broker an historic peace treaty between the Quarians and the Geth. I screwed up a little as I was told to rewrite the Heretics in ME2 to make it easier, but it seems that was someone trolling me. Thankfully I got everything else right so I just need to do the two side missions and I'm good to go, thanks to my save transfer my Paragon meter has been higher than a hippy on the third day of an open air festival for the entire game.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Kinda off topic, but which version? The XBLA downloadable version, or the one that comes on the "Dreamcast Classics" disc? Is there even a difference between the two versions?

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda off topic, but which version? The XBLA downloadable version, or the one that comes on the "Dreamcast Classics" disc? Is there even a difference between the two versions?
The XBLA version. Didn't even know there was a dream cast classics version :O
According to true achievements, it seems as though it just takes those 4 games and counts them as the Arcade titles even though they're on disc. So I guess they are the same :P

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
In Metroid Other M
I got to my first fight with Ridley (First one where I actually attacked him and he attacked me ... Never thought Ridley could look so cute, even if he wasn't all that cute by the time I got through with him.).

I had to activate 2 new weapons to attack him but I then proceeded to activate 3 more parts of my suit WITHOUT permission :ph34r: and I earned a NEW ability, too, by finally killing that stupid flying, missile/beam-shooting monster that I've fought like 5 times already.

I saw one more person die on me and suspected two more dead. One of those I was temporarily relieved to later find out it wasn't the case only have it confirmed shortly thereafter that they died anyway. I'm now only one of three or four living humans on the ship, one of which I haven't met yet.

I got through two more long cut scene sessions (finding out the "whole truth" including what the game title actually means). During the second one my two-year-old said he wanted to play. Unfortunately, he then ended up falling repeatedly into the vacuum of space and never got to save (despite having that third suit feature activated on him.) so I'll probably have to endure that second one again later at some point. :glare: Kids very good at 2D platformers but apparently hasn't gotten the hang of 3D stuff yet. :P

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I finished my sixth playthrough of Zelda: Wind Waker today (in preparation for Wind Waker HD). It took me about a week, and this was my first playthrough using the Tingle Tuner (as I didn't have a GBA/GCN link cable until fairly recently). It's actually a seriously cool little gimmick, and I hope the remake retains Tingle's often funny dialog with you somehow (I know they're replacing the Tingle Tuner with the Tingle Bottle, but that's a miiverse type thing).

I also beat the Great Bay Temple in Zelda: Majora's Mask today. Those of you who've read my last post know why this is a big deal to me. I'm now officially further on the original N64 version of the game than I ever have been since I got the game at age 10. :D

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Farming Azure Rathalos in frustration in Monster Hunter. Finally got a playthrough with no fainting (you get 3 strikes and then you fail), didn't use all my potions and did it in 15 minutes. The icing on the cake was getting both a rathalos ruby and a MANTLE in the rewards. (Ruby = 4% drop rate, Mantle = 1 - 2% drop rate!)

I built my Rath Soul Z armour immediately. :)

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Today in gaming I...

- Well, I can't take ALL the credit for this as it was a joint venture, so myself and my fiancee teamed up and saved the galaxy by completing our Mass Effect trilogy run. Only thing missing is the ME3 DLCs as my finances had to choose between them and the new season of Big Bang Theory on DVD...I made my choice. Was quite a wild ride though. Other half was welling up when the extended cut kicked in and Liara T'Soni was begging us not to go and saying she'd always be ours and such. Of course I neglected to mention that thanks to our EMS being sky high (save transfer for the win) we get that little extra bit after the credits. Never tell me games aren't art. The expression on her face at the end was priceless.

Project going forward is to hit Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition with a vengeance, and then get back to FF14, not logged in for a couple days and I need to make some serious Gil to get myself a pet of some kind. Why? 'Cause I want one. Deal with it.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Today I got to world 6-4 in the original Super Mario Bros. without taking any of the warp zones (which is a personal record for me). I also got 493600 points. (I haven't kept track of points up until now but I figure I might as well start.)
I must say I really HATE those bowser clones that start throwing chains of hammers. Getting past them is more luck than anything for me.

Also, I got another missile tank in Metroid Prime :P

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Starting playing Dragon Age Origins. Hasn't held up as well as the Mass Effect trilogy but it's....adequate. I spent my Mass Effect trilogy being the goody-goody, so I'm trying to be more of a prick this time. Slitting that kid's throat helped. Who'd have thought that's what gets Morrigan hot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although i practically started it