What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I killed the gravity cyborg monster AGAIN in Metroid : Other M
I also got a reserve tank and a missile tank.
It's called Nightmare :teach:

Anyway, I finally finished Final Fantasy XIII! The last part just got annoying with some incredibly powerful regular enemies. Now to see if I can pick up XIII-2 for cheap somewhere.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's called Nightmare :teach:

Anyway, I finally finished Final Fantasy XIII! The last part just got annoying with some incredibly powerful regular enemies. Now to see if I can pick up XIII-2 for cheap somewhere.

try to fight Gilgamesh and Ultros/Typhoon on the post-game, their battles are Very cool!.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
try to fight Gilgamesh and Ultros/Typhoon on the post-game, their battles are Very cool!.
Meh, I'm done with this game. The final boss managed to make me shout at my TV enough to not make me try any of the optional stuff. (ironically enough his last/true form was a cakewalk)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
In Metroid : Other M,
seeing I now had all sectors accessible to me (supposedly with no one to go locking the doors on me anymore) I went on an item hunting spree. I felt I did okay. There were still 4 items visible on the map that were inaccessible to me but I got all the rest that were marked there PLUS one that wasn't B-), and then decided to move on.

I preceded to find yet another corpse and so looking at my list of characters I decided I could tell who the traitor was (the only one that wasn't marked as dead) ... A little later in the game, I then had a huge bundle of confusion about my list of characters, though (who really wasn't dead, never had really been alive to begin with, who was pretending to be someone else, etc.) but I still think I was right about who the deleter was.

at that point ... I had already "beaten" the game.

I also finally unlocked my final weapon.
I do wonder how many just assume that as soon as they see the credits there's no more to be played and they just turn it off. Knowing of several power-bomb-sealed door and those 4 unreachable items on the map, I decided to stick around and see what's up ... and that paid off, of course.

As far as the "final" boss, I'm SOO glad that in the end of Metroid II she was stick in a little room and completely alone, turning her into a sort of biological shooting gallery. This time was not nearly as easy for me. It took me dying several times to work out a strategy of any kind, so now that I have it, I decided to share
This is mostly going to be about getting those pesky metroids because once they were gone, their mother was pretty straightforward.
- Charge your beam while using the space-jump/screw-attack to keep you safe.
- Try to fire your beam at them while they're all kinda in the same place so hopefully you're multi-beam will freeze more than one at once.
- If there are still metroids in the air, get flying as well but either way, pre-charge your weapon.
- Point and use that charge for a super missle (and if you're lucky, a multi-shot missle as well.)
- repeat

I also found it very hard to find space to use concentration but I eventually found that rolling along in a ball makes it hard for them to grab you and the queen's shock wave dizzies them a bit, making it possible for you to leave them on the other side of the room.
I've never been one to really formulate strategies. I'm usually just a "avoid their attacks, find the weak point and shoot at it a bunch" kind of person but this time I had to. I initially didn't even think about trying to freeze anything (assuming that what I had heard about them being un-freezable applied to these ones) until I saw one fall to the floor covered in frost. Before that, I was kinda hoping that I'd get my power bombs back a little bit sooner since I do remember that for the Super Metroid version of these guys, normal bombs wasn't quite enough to get them off of you. Glad it worked fine for these ones.

Coming back to finish out my 100%, I mostly cleaned out one sector (interested to see that so many items were now marked on the map that previously weren't ... although I assume they always were there) and then, kinda curious about what that yellow mark on my map really was, I let myself be lured in, only to get stuck on one of those standard metroid "get out before everything blows up" moments. Even then, I kinda hoped that I could grab that one, annoying item in the hanger by my ship BUT found that the orange door was now red. I hate orange doors. They're not red so I kinda give me a false hope that I might be able to open them.

The "real" final boss I can only assume was closed from this guy
405229-boss_phantoon_super.jpg
I think I can see now why the Wrecked Ship got wrecked in the first place. :P
Seems FAR more powerful when he hasn't been involved in a space ship crash.

EDIT : My wife was a little upset about me beating the game without her so I then watched Metroid : Other M : The Movie with her and that was enough to calm her down. You see, all those cut scenes DO serve a purpose :P LOL

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Defeated the 3rd and 4th(Hierophant and Lovers) full moon boss on Persona 3:FES.
Reached the moonmirror tower on Dragon quest VI:Realms of Reverie.

also. best strategy on any Shin Megami Tensei Game:
keep-calm-and-spam-megidolaon-2.png

Flood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 2 hours I finally found another Shelgon In Pokemon Rijon. Found another 10 minutes later so now have two.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been busy with work, so I haven't had much time, and it's not today, but

I beat kingdom hearts for the 5th time on saturday <3 the original, and after roughly 15 hours of item farming and level grinding I fused the ultima weapon keyblade and rescued all 99 puppies! :D

so happy. unlocked the secret ending too! and then my dog started barking at me while I was watching it >.>

Sychu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Defeated the bonus mission "metro map" on advance wars days of ruin as well i learned how to play more agressively i.e. sacrificing/endangering some of my units in order to hit some of my enemys units (punch-out style!). I came close to giving up on that map and restarting about 50 milion times X D because it was like i was stuck in an endless stalemate but i persevered and tryed this new tactic. My usual play-style was to tip-toe around the map while very rarely (if at all) putting any of my units in harms way and slowly building up an unstopable force using defensive tactics.

Another achievement of mine was that i was able to defeat kirbys dreamland with only 1 death (king de-de-de >.>) and i'd never played that game before (though i have played other kirbys and hail nightmare in dreamland as one of my second most favorite games of all time). I died one other time due to a stupid mistake because i didn't know that pressing down caused kirby to go thrue floors < < so i didn't count that death. Also, i had severe trouble on krako and the flying blimp boss. i beat krako with 2 bars of health left and the flying blimp with 1 bar. I screeched in excitement after i defeated the blimp, my heart was pounding intensely throughout the whole fight as volley after volley of bullets hurled my way at varying speeds and angles but i kept a cool-focused head. I honestly am still suprised i pulled through that one. LoLo and LaLa also gave me a bit of trouble till i figured out how to steal thier blocks without getting hurt (tip: you can suck them up from behind them ; ).

My last achievement for this week (i know you want days but my controller broke, sorry T T) was that I got myself to enjoy yu-gi-oh dark duel storys. I originaly hated that game with a passion but i forced myself to keep playing, now i find great pleasure in the anticipation of finding out what new card i'll receive after the end of a duel, sort of like the excitement of buying real life card- packs ^ ^ and i also am finding out that the game has a tad more complexity in it than what it at first had lead on.

Welps, that's my log for today, hopefully i can post more once I get moar gear : ).

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten 7 out of 49 achievements in GTA V so far, only two of which are story based.
I pulled off my first heist yesterday so now while Michael and Kenny are laying low, I'm dicking around redneck town with Trevor (who you can get quite a few achievements with)

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've gotten 7 out of 49 achievements in GTA V so far, only two of which are story based.
I pulled off my first heist yesterday so now while Michael and Kenny are laying low, I'm dicking around redneck town with Trevor (who you can get quite a few achievements with)

.... i guess i´ll wait for the PC version( if it is released on this age), the portuguese version for PS3 still hasn't come out yet......

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Got to the 3rd chapter of Dangan Ronpa on my Android (with PPSSPP), such an awesome game. Best graphics novel(I think that's the genre) I've played so far.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Got to the 3rd chapter of Dangan Ronpa on my Android (with PPSSPP), such an awesome game. Best graphics novel(I think that's the genre) I've played so far.
Close, but I think the term you're looking for is "visual novel." ;)

Anyway, I know this is way late, but I beat Zelda: Minish Cap last week. It was my first playthrough, as well as a zero-death run, my first ever for a Zelda game on my first try. I then proceeded to start another playthrough, because I liked it that much, and realize I needed to in order to 100% it (there was an optional item that's only obtainable by doing something early on, but I didn't the first time). I'm already towards the end of my second playthrough, as well. :P

Sychu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today i'v managed to defeat the first stage of opponents in yu-gi-oh dark duel storys, it was tedious but after a week of playing on and off i finally did it. The characters on the next stage are far harder it's gonna be tough beating any of them, wish me luck ^ ^!

UPDATE: I'm gettin owned pretty bad gonna need to rely on raw luck for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it'll give ya time to practice anyway +1