ROM Hack WHAATTT??!!!! Crimison Nocturnal its OVER!!&#3

bungiefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started playing SaGa 2 in April thanks to their excellent translation, and I was looking forward to SaGa 3 patiently but eagerly. I had just signed up for their forums a week before the site closed.

It's a shame that everything on the site was deleted, they could have just archived the forums and left the download links active. Now we have no easy way to find and comunicate with the rest of the members of the translation group, and the decision appears to be just from the head member. We haven't heard anything from the rest of them, such as if they intend to still work without him. Just nuking the site like that was a really lame thing to do. The forum was good for game help, not just feedback on the translation patch.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It is a shame that the site was removed, but seeing as Neo was paying for site hosting, it was his choice, even if we dislike it. And we have gotten a response from one translator, Perendie, who is happy to continue with another team if they work on Summon Night X, though no one from the SaGa translation has posted here that I've seen.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm saddened I was hoping they would have finished Saga 3 or Summon Night X. Damn Trolls, always ruining everything. To exzeed Super Robot J Wars is a GBA Game. The list of completed DS Games are as follows
Tales of Innocence
Soma Bringer
Jump Ultimate Stars
Saga 2
Tokimeki Memorial Girl’s Side 1st Love Plus
Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary
Puyo Puyo 7

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
First I would like to thank CN for SaGa 2, it is of an impressive quality!!

Second i must join with the feeling " what a dick move to throw all away for trolls " , i am sorry but myself have been following the group on their website pretty often and i must say i have not seen THAT much of trolls badmouthing and shitting on their work... once in a while RARELY

Sooo.. i doubt this is the real reason for the quitting and i must say, what happen to the amount of work already done and the donations of supportive people... ?

On another topic i still feel bad about the ASH translation poject gone to.. ashes.. i was patient and supportive on that project and i am still pissed off to not have anything from it.. i hated how it was going (no release AT ALL until the end? come on.. no leeching from a beta tester? come ON!!) and ended (nothing at all.. such a fkn WASTE OF TIME AND HOPES UP)

.. ah well.. whines! ^^

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koimayeul said:

Second i must join with the feeling " what a dick move to throw all away for trolls " , i am sorry but myself have been following the group on their website pretty often and i must say i have not seen THAT much of trolls badmouthing and shitting on their work... once in a while RARELY

Sooo.. i doubt this is the real reason for the quitting and i must say, what happen to the amount of work already done and the donations of supportive people... ?

On another topic i still feel bad about the ASH translation poject gone to.. ashes.. i was patient and supportive on that project and i am still pissed off to not have anything from it.. i hated how it was going (no release AT ALL until the end? come on.. no leeching from a beta tester? come ON!!) and ended (nothing at all.. such a fkn WASTE OF TIME AND HOPES UP)

.. ah well.. whines! ^^

You're not entitled to anything nor does the translation community owe you anything. The ASH patch was leaked before and that all went to hell. Translation teams entrust beta testers to not leak their patch. You say you agree that throwing it all away was a dick move, but leaking a patch someone trusted you with is just as much a dick move and would only make more teams quit rather than keep going. Not to mention, if any beta patch was leaked and there was a certain part of the game that kept crashing, but the team quit because the patch was leaked, how would it get fixed? Releasing a beta patch would be more harm than good. The DS translation community is small enough. The last thing we need are people we can't trust killing it even more.

In the end, I believe quite a few of us can already tell Neo quit for a different reason or the buggers harassed via PM. We can only assume until a part of the team that knows what happened steps forward.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
phoenixgoddess27 said:
koimayeul said:

.. ah well.. whines! ^^

You're not entitled to anything nor does the translation community owe you anything. The ASH patch was leaked before and that all went to hell. Translation teams entrust beta testers to not leak their patch. You say you agree that throwing it all away was a dick move, but leaking a patch someone trusted you with is just as much a dick move and would only make more teams quit rather than keep going. Not to mention, if any beta patch was leaked and there was a certain part of the game that kept crashing, but the team quit because the patch was leaked, how would it get fixed? Releasing a beta patch would be more harm than good. The DS translation community is small enough. The last thing we need are people we can't trust killing it even more.

In the end, I believe quite a few of us can already tell Neo quit for a different reason or the buggers harassed via PM. We can only assume until a part of the team that knows what happened steps forward.

i know that, and i am well aware of fan translation being a gift to the scene.. but i can't help to feel that way about ASH project, maybe because of the god damn long run thread on GBATEMP getting our hopes up on it, cheering for them, being patient with them.. and not seeing any of it in the end ?

this is teasing and frustrating, sorry but the part "not owe anything to anyone " dont work here, it was too long, too far, too digged of a project .. my feeling

i also agree when you untrust someone not leaking it, nothing should leak but sometimes, good comes from it.. like in this case before this databzse crash ? paradoxal but hey.. thats human!
wink.gif

edit : my point being.. after their " database crash " some kind of patch should have been leaked from their team and this is my problem about it .. not seen nothing.. can't help to feel that way and i believe many feel like i do about this one project huhu

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koimayeul said:
i know that, and i am well aware of fan translation being a gift to the scene.. but i can't help to feel that way about ASH project, maybe because of the god damn long run thread on GBATEMP getting our hopes up on it, cheering for them, being patient with them.. and not seeing any of it in the end ?

this is teasing and frustrating, sorry but the part "not owe anything to anyone " dont work here, it was too long, too far, too digged of a project .. my feeling

i also agree when you untrust someone not leaking it, nothing should leak but sometimes, good comes from it.. like in this case before this databzse crash ? paradoxal but hey.. thats human!
wink.gif

No one forced you to sit there waiting for it. Could have used that time to learn some of the necessary language or requested it in the translation request thread. No one owes you squat.

I believe I've stated this in this thread over and over again, but in case I haven't, no translation group should get the hopes of hundreds, if not thousands up, only to drop from the face of the Earth. Especially when donations are involved. Unfortunately, translation teams do drop off the face of the planet and this has been going on for a long time. If you're just now noticing it, then that's your problem.

However, this topic isn't about the ASH project or psycoblaster, it's about Crimson Nocturnal and their projects.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
phoenixgoddess27 said:
koimayeul said:

wink.gif

No one forced you to sit there waiting for it. Could have used that time to learn some of the necessary language or requested it in the translation request thread. No one owes you squat.

I believe I've stated this in this thread over and over again, but in case I haven't, no translation group should get the hopes of hundreds, if not thousands up, only to drop from the face of the Earth. Especially when donations are involved. Unfortunately, translation teams do drop off the face of the planet and this has been going on for a long time. If you're just now noticing it, then that's your problem.

However, this topic isn't about the ASH project or psycoblaster, it's about Crimson Nocturnal and their projects.

hum you are not the translation community all by yourself, dont act so tough defending the translators throwing " go learn japanese and to romhack" anytime..

the community is supporters like me, trolls like me now about ASH if you like , coders, font hackers, script translators etc.. :/

no hard feeling Pheonixgodess, this is just my opinion about the ASH project if you call it loyal nothing leaked, i call it stupid in this particular case

again, peace out! appreciate any translation of quality

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Depends on how people take trolls, and what others take the people who supposedly take trolls.

I've been here before. it's not too much of a comparison to a whole GAME translation but back when I was doing fansubbing, I was in groups like AKF and AJ (these two groups were known for speedsubbing and overall bad quality, and lots of rumors of the groups' leaders). I used Korean subs which were translated from Japanese then were translated to English, so the quality (at least mine, there WERE Japanese translators as well) was definitely sub-par than the translations straight from Japanese, or the "quality" groups back then like the Triad, A-E, ANBU and such (AonE didnt have a good rep back then afaik)... people always made fun of how bad the releases were but that didn't stop me from translating, or the whole group for that matter... until the breakup. People still watched the releases (AKF put out HXH eps out the fastest), even if they deleted ours and kept the other groups' for collection, we were still fine. I also get mad pretty easily but I actually enjoyed doing translations.

tl;dr It looks like this guy wasn't enjoying what he was doing. It's his group, no one's gonna stop what he has on his mind, and the group's not GETTING PAID to do this. It's a shame to see these groups go for such petty reasons, as it's inevitable like what others said, but to each their own.

edit: I've been waiting for hentai game translations for at least 7-8 years, this is just too short compared to that.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
koimayeul said:
hum you are not the translation community all by yourself, dont act so tough defending the translators throwing " go learn japanese and to romhack" anytime..

the community is supporters like me, trolls like me now about ASH if you like , coders, font hackers, script translators etc.. :/

no hard feeling Pheonixgodess, this is just my opinion about the ASH project if you call it loyal nothing leaked, i call it stupid in this particular case

again, peace out! appreciate any translation of qualityI see you missed the part where she defended the fans.
It's always nice to see people bash the people who defend them.

And in case you really missed it.QUOTE(phoenixgoddess27 @ May 10 2011, 05:52 AM) I believe I've stated this in this thread over and over again, but in case I haven't, no translation group should get the hopes of hundreds, if not thousands up, only to drop from the face of the Earth. Especially when donations are involved.
Frankly the support community is garbage. For every one supporter out there there are dozens of trolls, whiners, naggers, and just plain people who feel entitled to have something they did nothing to earn.
Guess which group is louder and more persistent?
You should see the emails and PMs these groups get.

And when a translation group has finally had enough and call it quits suddenly the "supporters" become even worse than the trolls.

If you wonder why so many translation groups are arrogant, obnoxious, and jerks or just plain give up you need look no further than the "community" for the cause.

It's a shame Crimson Nocturnal called it quits, but I certainly don't blame them.
All translation projects should kept secret until it's ready for release. It'd save a lot of people headaches and disappointment.
Especially if the project is dropped. At least then no one is hoping for it.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh i haven't missed it and i agree totally with most of her points, only not to the "do it yourself or shut the f*** up" part, it gets old!!

" You're not entitled to anything nor does the translation community owe you anything "

" No one forced you to sit there waiting for it. Could have used that time to learn some of the necessary language or requested it in the translation request thread. No one owes you squat. "

no hard feeling, just saying.. i really only blame the way the ASH project was going on and ended.. for reminder the ASH translation website provided a link to our Gbatemp ASH translation thread as their "official forum" for discuss.. anytime one would ask for the project status he/she would be flamed on with the same old arguments.. by that i mean the "do it yourself or shut the f*** up" part, hence my reaction :/

im an old school gamer and its been like 20 years i been using and enjoying fan translations, i know very well few projects are completed and many projects are given up for whatever reason, i know the dedication and passion of translation crew taking it on their free time to provide us with quality patches FOR FREE AND ONLY OUR RESPECT AND GRATEFUL RESPECT, that they have to deal with haters and flamers but also with supportive ppl like i am proud to say i always been, always will be!

to sum up i feel just like you guys, a projects should be kept discret (secret?) until its completed.. build up hype to bash fans asking for current status and gather donations to run away with it is not the way.. i am confident CN was not acting like this, their website was all the way nice and comfy so let wait to hear from their crew and see their projects blooming somewhere else, hopefully
smile.gif

edit : 100 post! after so long.. newcomer to member XD

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koimayeul said:
oh i haven't missed it and i agree totally with most of her points, only not to the "do it yourself or shut the f*** up" part, it gets old!!

" You're not entitled to anything nor does the translation community owe you anything "

" No one forced you to sit there waiting for it. Could have used that time to learn some of the necessary language or requested it in the translation request thread. No one owes you squat. "

no hard feeling, just saying.. i really only blame the way the ASH project was going on and ended.. for reminder the ASH translation website provided a link to our Gbatemp ASH translation thread as their "official forum" for discuss.. anytime one would ask for the project status he/she would be flamed on with the same old arguments.. by that i mean the "do it yourself or shut the f*** up" part, hence my reaction :/

im an old school gamer and its been like 20 years i been using and enjoying fan translations, i know very well few projects are completed and many projects are given up for whatever reason, i know the dedication and passion of translation crew taking it on their free time to provide us with quality patches FOR FREE AND ONLY OUR RESPECT AND GRATEFUL RESPECT, that they have to deal with haters and flamers but also with supportive ppl like i am proud to say i always been, always will be!

to sum up i feel just like you guys, a projects should be kept discret (secret?) until its completed.. build up hype to bash fans asking for current status and gather donations to run away with it is not the way.. i am confident CN was not acting like this, their website was all the way nice and comfy so let wait to hear from their crew and see their projects blooming somewhere else, hopefully
smile.gif

edit : 100 post! after so long.. newcomer to member XD

This is not about the ASH project. Make a separate thread if you must, but this is about an entirely different group.

And it's true, the translation teams don't owe you squat unless you paid them. It's easy to sit there and complain, it's hard to try and learn things for yourself. If you aren't going to sit there and be patient and supportive, why not learn things for yourself rather than complaining? That's what the community has shown. It sounds bad, but it's true.

Zarcon is entirely right when they say the supporters can be just as bad as the trolls. Since I'm a part of a translation team, I can say with 100% confidence that we get emails and PMs from supporters and trolls who try to walk all over us and bug us about our patches until we were forced to put up a disclaimer.

Discreet is the best option for many translations, but not many take that route, unfortunately. They tend to pay the price when they announce a translation the majority of the time, if not all. If CN is still around, but claimed they were dead to get people off their backs, I hope they're doing things in secret.

peloi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sad to see them go but they're not the first or last group to do this, what's really sad is the same trolls are on these boards to, so sad, ah well.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
wow, i'm surprised to see a lot of people in this thread are still dicks, even after what happened. so you blame them for being trolled by being open and transparent? dicks. no fucking gratitude whatsoever. grrr.

shame on you whether or not you enjoyed their work. i don't have to point fingers, you know who you people are.

yo, Neoxephon. thanks for SaGa2. it'll make a really nice piece in your portfolio if you decide to join a commercial localization team.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ferofax said:
wow, i'm surprised to see a lot of people in this thread are still dicks, even after what happened. so you blame them for being trolled by being open and transparent? dicks. no fucking gratitude whatsoever. grrr.

shame on you whether or not you enjoyed their work. i don't have to point fingers, you know who you people are.

yo, Neoxephon. thanks for SaGa2. it'll make a really nice piece in your portfolio if you decide to join a commercial localization team.

You're getting it wrong. We don't think that because they're open that they should be trolled, it is bound to happen when you give people the option to give an opinion. Just look at any thread about a hack on gbatemp, you're bound to find a troll or two in every one of them. They are a part of the community as much as the supporters are and here lies the problem. CN was open to support the fans, but they also drew in people that just like to piss others off. Some people at CN handled it wrongly, the thing probably escalated and it lead to the discontinuation of the team.

Just like lumistar said, they should've had a spokesperson to represent them. You can't expect programmers to have great social skills (a common problem for computer science students), their expertise is coding, not people. It might have been a great idea, but the evil has already been done, CN is no more. Hence why I don't give my personal opinion on the matter, they stopped and it is just harsh to judge them while they stopped for a reason. And hey who knows, maybe they regret the decision and they come back, I haven't seen anybody talk about that (I'm not talking about the individual hackers btw, I'm talking about CN as a group)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
actually, no, i didn't get it wrong. some people here ARE blaming them for being open to supporters and trolls alike, hence it's their fault that they got dragged down by people who throws shit at them. trolls are obviously in the wrong, but it's still their damn fault anyways. wtf is up with that? nothing but bullies.

so what if they didn't/couldn't deal with the trolls the way people expect them to? how is it their fault that they quit like they did, when it's only a natural reaction for people to just walk away instead of dealing with shit?

it's like we smile when they gave out stuff, then curse them behind their backs when they couldn't any more. and then people say its their fault. blaaaaah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la