Hacking Were you able to install BootMii as boot2?

Were you able to install BootMii as boot2? (Do you have a vulnerable boot1?)

• Yes!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did not install BootMii..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheOnlyOneHeFear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, launch day Wii here too
smile.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
well my launch wii had a garbage dvd drive so i got rid of it and bought a new one...The new one can only do the IOS install....However the NAND BACKUP OF BOOTMII alone is worth having it installed in conjunction with Preloader its VERY USEFUL...Sure for now we need preloader to boot the HBC in order to run Bootmii....BUT ITS A GOD DAMN BETA FOR CHRIST SAKES! TIME WILL HEAL ALL WII's
wink.gif
...Just as a P.O.C its worth the install...I was able to do a complete successful NAND backup so that if need be EVEN NOT HAVING BOOT2 YET Do a full nand restore!

Launch preloader (i use 28) then i load the HBC up from preloader menu...Hit the "home" button on the wiimote while in the homebrew channel and you will note a "bootmii" tab....Click it to launch the bootmii from IOS rather than boot2...

Granted boot2 is the way to go...But for now we can just be happy that we got a BETA or got the app at all when you look at the BS twiizers has been through the past couple of months to keep things moving in the scene....You realize that to have a beta already is in itself a blessing!

BenJeremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, got my older Wii working fine with BootMii in Boot2, LU54* running DC2Key chip, SysMenu 4.0U.

As soon as I finish copying my NAND backup to my PC, I'm going to try and install to a newer Wii (LU63*)

Has anybody made a tutorial/easy package for using the BannerBomb with SysMenu 4.0 and/or LU64 Wiis to run the HackMii installer?

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For BannerBomb, just put it in the SD card and load it from the channels manager in the Wii settings. It'll ask you if you want to load the file from the SD card(Hackmii installer). Look on Wiibrew.org for more details.

I got a Nov. 2007 Wii and it works great. Boot2V3.

BenJeremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forbore said:
For BannerBomb, just put it in the SD card and load it from the channels manager in the Wii settings. It'll ask you if you want to load the file from the SD card(Hackmii installer). Look on Wiibrew.org for more details.

Thanks.

I just tried running the HackMii installer on the LU63* Wii, and it reboots. I may have to play around with it a bit. The CMDVDX34 installer doesn't like the backup loader channels on the Wii, so I never got the IOS module installed from that installer.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
No boot 2 for me my first 8 month old one died a terrible death from my son thinking it was a football.
Bought a new one in nov08 and no boot 2 install
blink.gif

Nds Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In time the no will rise
frown.gif
unfortunately I am one of the "no", hopefully the figure out a way sort of, I know that they are working on it. At the least my isn't LU64

BenJeremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BenJeremy said:
forbore said:

Thanks.

I just tried running the HackMii installer on the LU63* Wii, and it reboots. I may have to play around with it a bit. The CMDVDX34 installer doesn't like the backup loader channels on the Wii, so I never got the IOS module installed from that installer.

Strange. I launched it via BannerBomb with same results - I got the initial screen, but before it prompts to hit "1" it reboots the Wii.

I installed some more IOS stuff, and it at least launches and installed DVDx, but no go on Boot2.

I'm convinced it's something to do with the cIOS modules, or a combination of them. I may try some more downgrading to see if I can get the right thing patched.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys for the billionth time lol the serial number DOESNT matter i have a lu34 wii that it wouldn't install on using the logic that older serial numbers should work etc etc is WRONG and also assuming a single serial number should work (like assuming ALL of a LUxx should work is wrong as well) i have a lu34 wii that installer it just fine on boot2 and another lu34 wii that it couldnt install as boot2 and its NEVER been sent it to ninty so stop assuming people

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kyle007 said:
ok guys for the billionth time lol the serial number DOESNT matter i have a lu34 wii that it wouldn't install on using the logic that older serial numbers should work etc etc is WRONG and also assuming a single serial number should work (like assuming ALL of a LUxx should work is wrong as well) i have a lu34 wii that installer it just fine on boot2 and another lu34 wii that it couldnt install as boot2 and its NEVER been sent it to ninty so stop assuming people

If you have a old Wii you might be lucky to only have some unknown configuration and it will eventually be possible for you to install BootMii as boot2. Team twizzers just don't want to brick Wiis, so the installer only allows to install if it knows your configuration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol