Hacking Waninkoko's 4.1 SM updater

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait wait! So do I reinstall Cioscorp or not. ALSO Will I need ANOTHER corp file to work with this new menu or will the cios60bf file still work with this new update?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This updater will patch the IOS60 by the moment of installation so you can run fakesigned channels from SD menu, the official updater wont do this, nothing happens to your titles installed after each update..!!
smile.gif

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
Det1re said:
rasputin said:
so what is the required ios to fix the 1036 error the most simply ?

would patchmii do ?
Free some blocks.

Oh, just stop it already. 1036 has nothing to do with not having enough free blocks. At least not ll the time (or ANY time that I have had it). I'm tired of seeing this same reply constantly when it is FALSE. Most people get that error with 700 or more free blocks.

One stop solution to get rid of this error: (Perhaps I wouldn't try on a LU64+ but...) Grab a patched IOS60.wad from cIOScorp or whatever... shouldn't matter as long as it's patched in some way. Use wad manager to uninstall it. Then WITHOUT REBOOTING OR EXITING WAD MANAGER, reinstall it. Your 1036 error should be gone now. This is assuming, of course that your main IOS (you can check your settings in preloader if you use it) is IOS60... otherwise, I'm sure it applies to other IOSs as well.

oh your the man..thanks!!

manually installed patched-ios60.wad, then the installer ran perfect...
again thx
grog.gif
yay.gif

tested everything vc/wiiware from sd.. anytitle deleter/wad manger 1.3... gecko-os etc and everthing was fine apart from 'freeloader' lol, that just crashes the wii

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
This updater will patch the IOS60 by the moment of installation so you can run fakesigned channels from SD menu, the official updater wont do this, nothing happens to your titles installed after each update..!!
smile.gif

Does it? I just did the installation and my Wiiware i downloaded off the internet as WADs, installed with WAD manager, moved to SD card, dont load off the SD card. whats the beef?

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
ether2802 said:
smile.gif

Cool
smile.gif

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
Greets... I installed the 4.1 update with no problem on a NTSC (U) system but after installing, The wii health intro screen came back now I gotta push A again Sux.....
wtf.gif
It was removed when I updated from 3.2U to 4.0... Suggestions to fix??... I don't think Startpatch support 4.1 yet....

MrRochie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grog.gif
Greets again I dl Startpatch 4.1 and that fixed my problem for now... Thanks Dudes for all the help.. You Guys Rule....
toot.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
Whats the point of getting this instead of updating through the update feature on the system menu?

The normal updater updates your IOS's, eliminating any older trucha vulnerable ones that you may have.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lettuce said:
Soooo, does this update include IOS38 rev 13b or not please?

Waninkoko's 4.1 SM updater

It is the title of this thread.

The Application updates a Wii to System menu 4.1
Custom IOS is not a part of a system menu update.

I don't see anything about Cios38 Rev 13b in the title.

Answer... = NO

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkLG said:
Using the updater won't overwrite the cioscorp ios's.

Just to prove I was right on the one, I tried it. I downgraded to 3.2E first, installed the MiiWii Package, (which contains CiosCorps.) tested if discs would load from the disc-channel (they did.)

Then I ran Waninkoko's 4.1 SM updater, guess what ?? No more disc loading !!

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
DarkLG said:
Using the updater won't overwrite the cioscorp ios's.

Just to prove I was right on the one, I tried it. I downgraded to 3.2E first, installed the MiiWii Package, (which contains CiosCorps.) tested if discs would load from the disc-channel (they did.)

Then I ran Waninkoko's 4.1 SM updater, guess what ?? No more disc loading !!

Most cIOScorp's are not recent enough to have a cIOS60. System Menu 4.0 and 4.1 run on IOS60, so you will need that to be DIP patched at least in order to have disc channel loading.

What the updater does is gets IOS60 and trucha patches it, which is not the same as DIP patching.

So, it's still correct to say that it doesn't update trucha IOS's. You just need to install a patched IOS60 to get disc channel loading back.

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The updater can't initialize the network...
Is there a way to update to Waninkoko 4.1 by using a .wad file??

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
HiBit said:
berlinka said:
I don't understand this 4.1 nonsense.
I'm still on 4.0 and got the JAP version of WSR working with the replacement dol. Yesterday I tried the PAL version and it worked perfectly.
So you definitely dont need 4.1 to get it working!
I'm sure the most people know that.

But start some WiiWare/VC from sd card without the 4.1 update and than start WSR again.
Now you have enough time for an coffee because the 3 min. long introduction video comes up again and you can't stop it.
If you use the alternate DOL you must also switch it on for the video, than off if you try to play.

Thats again and again and again after you play WiiWare/VC from an sd card.
No sir, that definitely is NOT the case.....at least not with me. I have 4.0, did the vid once and after that I never saw it again.

I couldnt agree more there is no reason to have to update to system menu 4.1 to play Wii Sports Resort (JAP) or even the PAL verison. I got the JAP verison working perfect on my system menu 4.0 NTSC Wii with Usb Loader GX. For directions on step by step exactly what I did see HERE. And you do now have to play the video over and over again only once and thats it.

locke06037

Trophies
XP
Country
Same question here. Anyone knows how to update this offline?

I've got no wireless connection.

If anyone knows it will be greatly appreciated...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9