Hacking vWii sneek

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad crediar delivered on this part of his tweet as well (said he might update it when I inquired about nintendont going open source).

Reactions: Margen67

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says right in the link it's an update with a fix for Wii U. I think he said on his Twitter that it was experimental. Pay attention to the warning as well:

When using SNEEK on Wii U you need a vWii-NAND and use a vWii IOS when building
the kernel.bin!

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checked Twitter. I thought he would not release it. I wonder if it will help Maxternal/others. I commented more out of shock. I stopped following Crediar when he said he was done with the Wii U. I've always liked him. Especially over certain "other devs."

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
This should be a breeze to compile, granted you have a vWii NAND backup (hint: DumpMii NAND) and (probably?) the ES and DI modules of vIOS80.

I have a vWii NAND backup from the Wii U of a friend of mine, but sadly he's on vacations, so there's no way I can test the compiled binaries. But I'm willing to help anyone who wants to compile it.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Probably. If the content IDs remain unchanged, it should be 0xe. Otherwise, you have to use a hex editor to know which content contains the ES module.

In that case, just grab the appropiate content and rename it to 0000000e.app. :)

Reactions: TheChield

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to compile them, the DI part perhaps requiring more work (assuming I did everything properly). Even when I used SNEEK without DI, I could not play disc-based game from the disc channel (I need to use WiiLauncher application to do that).

And I used file 0000000d.app taken directly from IOS 80 of WiiMode or VWii NAND dump for the base in compiling SNEEK.

Here is the video in case you want to see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo