Country
Canada

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice , conanac, you even themed your vwii menu.

i built this but i just fail to load it , im using HBC and bootmii as ios from this page https://code.google.com/p/gbadev/wiki/Downloads on my vWii

are you using nswitch from here :https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/list

edit: my new guess would be from here: https://code.google.com/p/gadget4sneek/downloads/list

I used the nswitch from Maxternal (your first link). It contains an option to boot armboot.bin without the need to use bootmii as IOS (it uses crediar's technique). What I did was to replace the content of armboot.c to the one from SNEEK compiled armboot.bin (after using raw2c to convert it to a combination of armboot.c and armboot.h files). And then following Maxternal suggestion and set the option in the code directly to skip the use of IOS 254 (bootmii IOS).

Hope that helps.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm blown away. I had no idea this would be possible. I really enjoy SNEEK, so being about to use it in vWii would be amazing.
Thanks for all the work.

Reactions: Margen67

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline -- Browsing through your guide (nice write-up).
Just to be sure, do we still need 00000001.app? build_boot2.cmd r112 uses it (with elfins for building di.bin), however build_boot2.cmd r188 does not use it (with efix for building di.bin).

Cheers.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to compile them, the DI part perhaps requiring more work (assuming I did everything properly). Even when I used SNEEK without DI, I could not play disc-based game from the disc channel (I need to use WiiLauncher application to do that).

And I used file 0000000d.app taken directly from IOS 80 of WiiMode or VWii NAND dump for the base in compiling SNEEK.

Here is the video in case you want to see.

AHH! how did you theme your Vwii.
It looks great, thats the theme i had on my original wii, i would love to have it on my Vwii.
The vwii looks so plain in the default white theme.

Any chance you can write up a quick guide or link me to one on how to theme Vwii properly?
Thanks.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline -- Browsing through your guide (nice write-up).
Just to be sure, do we still need 00000001.app? build_boot2.cmd r112 uses it (with elfins for building di.bin), however build_boot2.cmd r188 does not use it (with efix for building di.bin).

Cheers.
Lol, guess you don't. I haven't done this in a long time and I hadn't realized it was no longer needed. I'll remove that part from my guide.

I'm about to write up instructions on themeing your SNEEK install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol