Hacking vWii sneek

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IM soo setting this up asap. had it on Wii and was great. btw guys what is the pc app to open the nand and extract the games installed in it?? been ages since i messed with wii stuff.

Reactions: Margen67

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ha! I figured out what was going on here!

I just assumed this tutorial was for Windows. I'm in Linux, so I went to the links and downloaded all the packages while install Windows 32-bit on one of my spare PC's.

What I forgot is that those links detect the OS you are using, so it gave me the Linux version of Devkit, and the file I was launching wasn't a Windows or DOS application at all.

So now that I have that straight... :)

Reactions: pelago

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: JoostinOnline

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New road block.

I re-downloaded everything within Windows XP, installed Devkit pro minus the ARM and PSP. The guide was not clear as to where to place "devkitARM r24" so I put it's folder inside of "C:\DevkitPro" along side of "devkitPPC".

The Devkit installer never created a "C:\projects" folder. And SVN is not a noticed command within DOS.

That's where I've gotten so far. This is a fresh install of XP OEM 32-bit.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Very nice tutorial, thank you for the effort. :)

I noticed when installing tortoiseSVN for the first time the command prompt integration is disabled by default. Inputting the 'svn' command will only throw up errors without it previously marked for install.
Even after restarting? It didn't used to be that way.

New road block.

I re-downloaded everything within Windows XP, installed Devkit pro minus the ARM and PSP. The guide was not clear as to where to place "devkitARM r24" so I put it's folder inside of "C:\DevkitPro" along side of "devkitPPC".

The Devkit installer never created a "C:\projects" folder. And SVN is not a noticed command within DOS.

That's where I've gotten so far. This is a fresh install of XP OEM 32-bit.
Crap. I thought that the installer would automatically put it in the correct folder, but I guess I was wrong. I'll edit the guide in the morning. It's 3:19AM here.

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even after restarting? It didn't used to be that way.
Yes even after restarting. Uninstalling then reinstalling with it enabled fixed the error for me but I may have just been unlucky.

I can also confirm devkit not creating the projects folder upon installation.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not working for me i get to the navigate to c/projects and there is no folder i created one go to download sneek source and it tells me it is not recognized as a command, question about devkit arm do i extract it somewhere all it does is give me a folder called devkit arm? EDIT- dam i forgot to install tortoise working now thanks joostin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs