Emulation Compilation of my stupid questions about vWii controller compatibility and injections (featuring WAD's)

HelpfulHooty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey peeps!

I’m bit confused about a lot things concerning vWii and so I decided to make a list of questions. For some of these questions I have found answers from all-around internets (reddit, youtube etc.) but most of them are either rather old and some just fly so far over my head that they aren’t helpful. I’m bit of an scary cat when it comes this kind of information that is 5+ years old.

So here we go:

vWii

About controllers:

Should WiiU Pro Controller work out-of-the-box with Wii games that support classic controller?

If not, is the easiest / most straightforward way to add this support to a game by making an injection of said game?

If yes, then are there any Aroma plugins that might screw this up?

This so confusing because, I have made an injection of Nintendont (CrisMMod version) and the Pro Controller works like a charm with GC games.
I have also made a straight single CG game injection _that_used_to_ work with gamepad, but after installing the aroma plugin vWii VC Launch from HB app store, the game now only accepts Wiimotes with the Nuchuck as a controller and giving the vWii mode can only be used with blablabla “error”. The same game works just fine if I start it from Nintendont, only difference being that I launch it from .ciso format.

Problem is though that now that the plugin is installed, a Wii game (TeconMoon’s WiiVC Injector made injection) that used to randomly crash a lot now works fine.

About WADs:

Is there a safe way to install these in a way that I can start them from WiiU menu? I’m guessing there is some way to make an injection for these. There are only two (maybe three) wads that I want to install: Rondo of Blood, Contra and Castlevania Rebirth titles.

About injections:

I have found TeconMoon’s injector and UWUVCI AIO injector. Is one better than other?
I also found the list of compatible games for Wii injection but other than that, is there some kind of compilation of settings to use in either injector that would produce most-likely-to-work-injection?
If not, is dolphin adequate software to test injections (that they work) before transferring them to WiiU?

This post came out pretty fecking long, so thanks for reading!

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Should WiiU Pro Controller work out-of-the-box with Wii games that support classic controller?
Yes.
are there any Aroma plugins that might screw this up?
No.
after installing the aroma plugin vWii VC Launch from HB app store, the game now only accepts Wiimotes with the Nuchuck as a controller and giving the vWii mode can only be used with blablabla “error”.
Change settings as described here: https://github.com/Lynx64/WiiVCLaunch/blob/main/README.md#usage
Is there a safe way to install these in a way that I can start them from WiiU menu?
IIRC you have to install them in vWii, then use Teconmoon's Injector to create a forwarder to that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto