• Start date
  • Views 5,928
  • Replies 75

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't use a shitty handheld web browser on my device designed to play games while playing games?

Oh god what will I do, now all i'll have is my PC to browse the internet while I game...
RIP Vita

RIP VITA? XD Means RIP Alive.(Or life)

But what the heck!? This monster is supposed to be a well yeah you know a monster in comparing to the 3DS!

loco365

Trophies
XP
Therefore, Nintendoes what Sony doesn't.

Lame pun is lame, but anyways, this is one new reason why I am going to stay away from the Vita and stick with my 3DS.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um, who cares? I don't even use browsers on a gaming console, I have a computer.
This is a handheld though, and not everybody carries a laptop or smartphone or tablet or netbook at the same time as a pocket handheld system.

Do you NEED web browsing on the go via your handheld?
Really?
I thought I was a shut-in but that is some sad shit if people can't even go outside without needing to browse the internet.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Um, who cares? I don't even use browsers on a gaming console, I have a computer.
This is a handheld though, and not everybody carries a laptop or smartphone or tablet or netbook at the same time as a pocket handheld system.

Do you NEED web browsing on the go via your handheld?
Really?
I thought I was a shut-in but that is some sad shit if people can't even go outside without needing to browse the internet.
What if you need to do some on-the-go online banking? There's more uses for the internet than just updating statuses and whatnot. :U

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if you need to do some on-the-go online banking? There's more uses for the internet than just updating statuses and whatnot. :U

...Then exit your game and do your online banking on the go.

Really, when I'm playing a game, the last thing I think of is "Wow, I need to do some online banking and I just so happen to be out of my house. Thanks Vita!"

Reactions: 1 person

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter. I dont hardly used web browser on PSP as well. Its not necessarily. The video game portable are meant to be for gaming, thats all.

Crimson Ghoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably something to do with security.. just in case of some web browser exploit maybe.. they have to be very cautious
P.S. use your damn cellphones. it's almost 2012. If your phone is running on anything other than iOS, Android, or blackberry shoot yourself.

loco365

Trophies
XP

...Then exit your game and do your online banking on the go.

Really, when I'm playing a game, the last thing I think of is "Wow, I need to do some online banking and I just so happen to be out of my house. Thanks Vita!"
I'm thinking like if you were doing something besides gaming, or if you need to check a credit card balance before you buy something on the PSN (Or whatever online shop the system has). The possibilities are endless.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi resident of 1992, welcome to 2011!

During this tour of the future we'd like to show you all the interesting and sometimes critical things that can and are done on the internet daily, including but not limited to; banking, checking class-related assignments, shopping, ordering food for delivery, checking social sites to see what your other out-and-about friends are up to in order to meet up with them, looking up some information required to fix something, getting directions to a destination or information about the area around you in order to choose a destination, and more!

We'd also like to note that "outside" is often considered "anywhere that's not your home", as even when you're inside a separate building you may not have access to a public computer. Such situations often include but are not limited to the following; waiting at the doctors, waiting for your turn at the salon, waiting for your ride or the bus, and more!

I'm happy to inform you that such situations are so commonplace that now web browsers are even available via phones!

Enjoy your visit to the year 2011~

Reactions: 2 people

MMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

During this tour of the future we'd like to show you all the interesting and sometimes critical things that can and are done on the internet daily, including but not limited to; banking, checking class-related assignments, shopping, ordering food for delivery, checking social sites to see what your other out-and-about friends are up to in order to meet up with them, looking up some information required to fix something, getting directions to a destination or information about the area around you in order to choose a destination, and more!

We'd also like to note that "outside" is often considered "anywhere that's not your home", as even when you're inside a separate building you may not have access to a public computer. Such situations often include but are not limited to the following; waiting at the doctors, waiting for your turn at the salon, waiting for your ride or the bus, and more!

I'm happy to inform you that such situations are so commonplace that now web browsers are even available via phones!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone

Cellphone, Handheld gaming device, Cellphone, Handheld gaming device, Cellphone, Handheld gaming device, Cellphone, Handheld gaming device, Cellphone, Handheld gaming device, Cellphone, Handheld gaming device, Cellphone, Handheld gaming device, Cellphone, Handheld gaming device, Cellphone, Handheld gaming device,

Reactions: 3 people

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Quite bad for me, cuz I often go online to see guides (I'm a horrible gamer) in the midst of the game on my 3DS.

But I guess I can use my iPhone as a substitute.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, let me flush some stuff out:

If you're at home, you have Internet access through your computer and any other device (phones, tablets, etc) that can connect to the Internet, so this isn't a problem. If you're going to use it outside, you won't have Internet access unless you have the 3G one or are in a public place where Internet is provided. To be honest, there are many public hotspots in coffee shops, malls, dentists, etc. (at least in the US), but I doubt you're going to get much elsewhere. Point being, you probably won't be using much wifi outside. Besides, it's not a hassle to quit your game and start browsing whenever you feel like it. Not to mention that current devices (phones, tablets, etc) have a dedicated web browser to browse the Internet.

tl;dr not a big deal.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can understand playing music in the background as you're playing a game, I can understand using messenging services while you're playing a game (to get someone online), but why the hell would you use a web browser while playing a game?

Even if you want to check a walkthrough or something, nothing's stopping you from closing the game and running the web browser. Why would anyone waste precious RAM, increasing loading times and making your gaming experience crap just to open google while Kratos is re-arranging bones in skeleton warriors?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Fucking hell my response to hell's malice was eaten by my net connection going out.

Summary: You are not everybody. Considering there was a web browser sold for the DS/Lite, and the DSi/3DS have web browsers, and there was even an NES emulator made for the 3DS's browser, there's damn well a demand for portable web browsers, and game systems are often marketed to younger people that aren't exactly walking around with a $550 iPhone 4S in their other pocket.

yeah how could anyone out there survive a day without the internet - it's basically impossible. You make it sound like a girl and her handbag.
Well considering the handbag generally contains the wallet/purse with money and photo ID, driver license...

I mean yeah it's perfectly possible to physically go out and about without these things, but having them generally makes modern life a lot easier. :P

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are... seriously making a big deal out of this? :wtf:

If you can browse the temp and bitch about this news, you are completely fine with this. Why? Because it shows you have internet access outside of the Vita. Which means what? You can have your cake and eat it, too.

Presto!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn