• Replies 75

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you truly give a shit about this, then you have no life and you should kill yourself right now.

Reactions: 5 people

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am surprised at the number of people who actually cares.
Vita game's loading time are bigger than 3DS, so it's very handy to quickly check the web what to do without restarting the whole game.
Or you can do the old way, and turn the PC on >.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
i say, Vita web browser can't be used while playing games (at launch)

so latter on it should be able to

It really depends on how the device handles RAM alocation. If it does it like the 3DS (where the OS has a set amount, and games take the rest), then I highly doubt it can be changed later on, as the only source of RAM it could use comes from what the OS has been allocated. Taking away from the RAM that games use is potentially fatal to any game that requires the full amount.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh well, just put that FAQ in a .txt file and use it like that, that should work. The DS could even do that, thanks to the Real Time Menu the CycloDS (and other cards) offered.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that instead of being a mobile browser, it will be a full browser capable of seeing and playing flash and that requires a lot of resources.
I don't think its a question of multi tasking per-se, seeing as it can already play music and do other things while playing a game.

(PS: Even the PSP could do that with the help of CFW.)

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither the 3DS nor Vita multitasking is impressive. Someone have one purpose or reason in which they would use their web browser during the middle of a game? A handy and legitimate reason that is.

People are comparing the Vita and the 3DS the wrong way. I think it was better described by one article saying that the 3DS and Vita are two completely different machines and they have out grown the "comparison" phase
Um well their are some that uses guides.Using the browser while playing the game comes useful that way.

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Useful sure, but I consider it a last, final resort.

m.ign.com took estimated 8 minutes to actually get to the OoT 3D walkthrough. This was by on my ISP, Comcast, with a 18ms ping connection.

You gotta think that open/Nintendo hotspots could possibly be worse and could estimate around 10-12min to get to the web page.

I think Sony really thought out about the multitasking capabilities and I think not including the browser in multitasking was a smart choice simply because its not efficient enough. It may of had high hopes with the 3G model/AT&T service, but since Sony is producing a Wifi only and a 3G/wifi model, I think they decided to scrap it all together.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's something that can be easily patched in on later firmware updates. The writing of the (original) article/interview even make this evident. It's something they want to be possible in the future, so, no problem here.

And for the guy who said Vita multitasking is bad... having Custom Soundtracks, Twitter/Facebook/Foursquare Apps, Cross Chat, Trophies all possible while playing a game is pretty much big for me. Bigger than what home consoles can do even, almost PC level.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't use a shitty handheld web browser on my device designed to play games while playing games?

Oh god what will I do, now all i'll have is my PC to browse the internet while I game...
RIP Vita

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."