PS4 Offline Web Exploit?

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of buying a PS4 with 9.00 but the hassle of having to re-exploit it at each boot is a bit too much without internet at home. I need to confirm a few things before deciding:

• I saw on a Youtube video, what appeared to be the PS4 browsing caching one of the exploit pages. Does that mean it would be accessible offline?
  • Is the web exploit exclusively client-side code? (HTML, Javascript, No PHP, etc)? If so, I should be able to host it on my PS3 with Apollo Save Tool's webserver?
  • Or even easier, does the PS4 support file:// (Vita doesn't) to read documents over USB?
  • Seems per https://www.psxhax.com/threads/offline-cache-applicationcache-db-install-payload-to-ps4.5832/ you can (after an initial exploit?) semi-permanently self-host the exploit? (I assume this is what Hen on PS3 does as it opens the browser briefly). Is this option or one like it available to 9.00? Surely if the browser caches pages for offline use, this is still a thing.

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm thinking of buying a PS4 with 9.00 but the hassle of having to re-exploit it at each boot is a bit too much without internet at home. I need to confirm a few things before deciding:

• I saw on a Youtube video, what appeared to be the PS4 browsing caching one of the exploit pages. Does that mean it would be accessible offline?
  • Is the web exploit exclusively client-side code? (HTML, Javascript, No PHP, etc)? If so, I should be able to host it on my PS3 with Apollo Save Tool's webserver?
  • Or even easier, does the PS4 support file:// (Vita doesn't) to read documents over USB?
  • Seems per https://www.psxhax.com/threads/offline-cache-applicationcache-db-install-payload-to-ps4.5832/ you can (after an initial exploit?) semi-permanently self-host the exploit? (I assume this is what Hen on PS3 does as it opens the browser briefly). Is this option or one like it available to 9.00? Surely if the browser caches pages for offline use, this is still a thing.
I think only 6.2 can do that since you need the usb anyway for 9.0,i have a ps4 on 6.2 and i can do the offline exploit without crashes most of the times

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you can cache 9.00 webkit, and use it offline too, but you can also use rest mode rather than turn off fully.

If you turn off the exploit is gone, and you will need the ESP/USB to re-exploit 9.00 after loading the cached webkit part.

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think only 6.2 can do that since you need the usb anyway for 9.0,i have a ps4 on 6.2 and i can do the offline exploit without crashes most of the times

USB's no issue. I even saw a video on formatting a drive to use for the payload and still be recognized as storage, so it was safe to leave in the port at boot. Some kind of System Volume Information filesystem exploit. My only issue so far is my access to the web exploit page online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto