• Views 7,173,885
  • Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
for some reason I have two or three games refusing to return to the loader upon exit but it ONLY happens when I use the disc spinning gui.

I redid my entire mod and reinstalled everything to be sure I didn’t change a setting somewhere but no matter what, as soon as I switch back to the spinning disc GUI I can’t get Mario Kart Wii, Super Paper Mario (and maybe another game but I can’t quite remember) to go back to the loader.
Did you try using the previous release? You'd need to delete TitlesCache.bin for it to work without crashing, but if it works then my next release likely fixes the issue.

Given all the great video fixes USBLoaderGX has at this point (480p fix, deflicker removal, etc.), are there options available to autoboot a disc game with global patch settings?
Hey, I assume you're the guy who's sent me a pull request on GitHub? I'll need to test it out when I've got a little more time, but at a glance it looks okay. I'd just need to check if it behaves correctly on both my Wii and Wii U.

Simple sayed: It needs to create a "hidden protected area" by changing the hidden attribut in the backup gpt. That can be identifyed like a stealthed MBR Attribut (Ustealth) and accessed, read and written on the partition by USBLoader GX.
Yeah, I'm aware of that kind of setup. It was never adopted though because even if someone were to create a script or an application to partition the storage device correctly you'd still need to make changes to the loader and maybe even the d2x cIOS. So that's a lot of work for a setup that'd be less flexible than using 2 separate storage devices.

Maybe if I'm bored during a rainy day I'll look into it, but you shouldn't expect that to happen any time soon.

Am I being stupid or does setting SD Card Mode to ON not persist after closing the app? I seem to have to go into settings and manually turn it on again every time I load it.

I had a look in GXGlobal.cfg and can't see the SD Card Mode setting in it.
Are you launching the loader from a forwarder? If you are then you likely need to update your forwarder.

Here's the Wii forwarder and here's the vWii forwarder.

Last edited by blackb0x,

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I assume you're the guy who's sent me a pull request on GitHub? I'll need to test it out when I've got a little more time, but at a glance it looks okay. I'd just need to check if it behaves correctly on both my Wii and Wii U.

Yup! It definitely needs Wii U verification since I can't test that, particularly to see if removing the extra drive reset causes problems there.

Reactions: blackb0x

LexDG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try using the previous release? You'd need to delete TitlesCache.bin for it to work without crashing, but if it works then my next release likely fixes the issue.

All is well in the test version now. Is there perhaps a way to make a custom scaling option for wii games like there are for GC games in Nintendont? It’s probably not the biggest deal anymore but if I could easily crop the overscan for each individual title I’d be ecstatic

PsOmA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tried all combinations and permutations before reaching out...

Running v1281 on a WiiU, trying to get Skylanders Spyro's Adventures to load through USB Loader GX to take advantage of the various graphics tweaks. Tried "pre-canned" NTSC and PAL wbfs options to no avail (it just goes to a black screen after launching and freezes the WiiU), so tried my physical disc which launches from the vWii Menu just fine but behaves the exact same way as the wbfs rips in USB Loader GX.

Using IOS249 = 56 (recommended for Spyro's Adventures), but have also tried with 57 and 58 with no change to behaviour.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this (and what else I might be able to try to get it working)?!?

Cheers!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried all combinations and permutations before reaching out...

Running v1281 on a WiiU, trying to get Skylanders Spyro's Adventures to load through USB Loader GX to take advantage of the various graphics tweaks. Tried "pre-canned" NTSC and PAL wbfs options to no avail (it just goes to a black screen after launching and freezes the WiiU), so tried my physical disc which launches from the vWii Menu just fine but behaves the exact same way as the wbfs rips in USB Loader GX.

Using IOS249 = 56 (recommended for Spyro's Adventures), but have also tried with 57 and 58 with no change to behaviour.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this (and what else I might be able to try to get it working)?!?

Cheers!
Verify the hash in WiiBackupManager to make sure the wbfs file is not corrupt. Also check the video mode setting in USBLoaderGX, it should be set to "disc default" or "global".

Reactions: jeannotte

PsOmA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does the game work correctly with the 480p fix turned off and the video width set to auto? If it does then my next update will probably fix it.
Yeah, nice pickup blackb0x - with 480p off and video width set to auto, it fired straight up. Image is now sharper due to filtering being off, but there are some tearing/scaling issues which I can live with until the next update. Cheers again!

Fancy2209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am having a issue with USB Loader GX:
When i try to view the banner of Epic Mickey 2 the music doesn't play at all, and when I view the banner of Just Dance 2020 the song plays but doesn't loop, they work properly when i loaded them on dolphins Wii menu so it seems to be a USB loader GX issue. Also they are both PAL/EU releases.
The other games I have all seemed fine...

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
they work properly when i loaded them on dolphins Wii menu so it seems to be a USB loader GX issue.
This is just a simple check that verifys the backup image is not fully corrupted, so it may still have issues by running them in USB Loader GX.

Recommended : Verify the MD5 or SHA-1 hash value of the generated game backup image and when its moved or copied to another place.
  • Automatic : The SHA-1 value is already stored inside the image by Nintendo and can be verified for WBFS and ISO images with GC/Wii Backup Manager under "Tools"
  • Manually : The MD5 and SHA-1 hash value of a generated game ISO image, can be verified manually for GC and Wii games on redump.org by using 7zip for hash value calculation or automaticly by Redump Verifier or Wimms ISO Tool.

Fancy2209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is just a simple check that verifys the backup image is not fully corrupted, so it may still have issues by running them in USB Loader GX.

Recommended : Verify the MD5 or SHA-1 hash value of the generated game backup image and when its moved or copied to another place.
  • Automatic : The SHA-1 value is already stored inside the image by Nintendo and can be verified for WBFS and ISO images with GC/Wii Backup Manager under "Tools"
  • Manually : The MD5 and SHA-1 hash value of a generated game ISO image, can be verified manually for GC and Wii games on redump.org by using 7zip for hash value calculation or automaticly by Redump Verifier or Wimms ISO Tool.
What i meant by that quote is the banner plays without issues on dolphin but not USBLoaderGX, i don't think it's a dump issue but I'll check

Fancy2209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

just checked with WBM, MD5 and SHA1 both Successfully Passed the Verify!

Knot51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Am I being stupid or does setting SD Card Mode to ON not persist after closing the app? I seem to have to go into settings and manually turn it on again every time I load it.

I had a look in GXGlobal.cfg and can't see the SD Card Mode setting in it.
Hi , did you resolve the SD on issue ? usbloadergx doesnt keep that option on when restart

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When i try to view the banner of Epic Mickey 2 the music doesn't play at all, and when I view the banner of Just Dance 2020 the song plays but doesn't loop, they work properly when i loaded them on dolphins Wii menu so it seems to be a USB loader GX issue.
I think to some degree that's to be expected, since the loaders trying to imitate how the Wii menu functions. And it does this while allowing you to tweak the banner animation and sound settings.

Hi , did you resolve the SD on issue ? usbloadergx doesnt keep that option on when restart
If you're using vWii then the issue is caused by the forwarder WAD that you installed.
On the subject of Wii U, if anyone is using this forwarder package then they should avoid using the UNEO WAD file that's bundled with it, since it's a buggy version that doesn't pass arguments to the loader correctly. Instead you should use this WAD file (for vWii only).

lZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you go to settings and check custom paths are they either SD or USB1? And are you launching the loader via the homebrew channel or a forwarder?
it's usb8 and I tried to use both homebrew and forwarder, seems like usbloader_gx doesn't recognize my sd to make all config files because I generated an apps/usbloader_gx folder on usb and it works but cannot open games and if I reset usbloader gx on my wii doesn't recognize my usb on port 0, custom paths was generated with usb1 but not in sd, I moved the usbloader_gx files from sd to usb and it doesn't work, I moved every file generated in usb to sd and replaced every custom path to sd and it doesn't work, I don't really get it why it is so complicated for me haha
Which old version exactly? Since some people avoid r1272 because their hard drive doesn't play nice with IOS58.
the old version that Im using is 3.0 r1271
Post automatically merged:

it's usb8 and I tried to use both homebrew and forwarder, seems like usbloader_gx doesn't recognize my sd to make all config files because I generated an apps/usbloader_gx folder on usb and it works but cannot open games and if I reset usbloader gx on my wii doesn't recognize my usb on port 0, custom paths was generated with usb1 but not in sd, I moved the usbloader_gx files from sd to usb and it doesn't work, I moved every file generated in usb to sd and replaced every custom path to sd and it doesn't work, I don't really get it why it is so complicated for me haha

the old version that Im using is 3.0 r1271
so I tried formatting my sd and usb with win32diskimager using zzblank.img, sd can store configs now and custom paths was setted correctly (ok this is progress) but on the menu appears "USB Device not initialized. Switching to channel list mode." I have a samsung 128gb 3.1 in FAT32 with 65536 without partitions that works perfectly in 1271 and nintendont, in 1281 usbloadergx says USB device not initialized but nintendon can load games (not in usbloaderGX), I tried to formatting in NTFS and exFAT too, trying this, the message "USB Device not initialized." dissapear but doesn't load my games, I saw on Settings>Hard drive settings>Game/install partition that NTFS and extFAT appears in incorrectly size, FAT32 doesn't shows nothing, just not initialized.

Last edited by lZer0,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so I tried formatting my sd and usb with win32diskimager using zzblank.img, sd can store configs now and custom paths was setted correctly (ok this is progress) but on the menu appears "USB Device not initialized. Switching to channel list mode." I have a samsung 128gb 3.1 in FAT32 with 65536 without partitions that works perfectly in 1271 and nintendont, in 1281 usbloadergx says USB device not initialized but nintendon can load games (not in usbloaderGX), I tried to formatting in NTFS and exFAT too, trying this, the message "USB Device not initialized." dissapear but doesn't load my games, I saw on Settings>Hard drive settings>Game/install partition that NTFS and extFAT appears in incorrectly size, FAT32 doesn't shows nothing, just not initialized.
It's weird because I haven't changed anything that impacts partition handling for USB devices, so that USB shouldn't work with r1271 or r1272 either.

Have you ever tried using my previous release and are you launching the loader from the homebrew channel?

br3compactor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here's an issue I've been having that I don't quite understand.
I previously used USBLoaderGX 1271 which worked fine and booted to it from Priiloader.
Recently, I updated it to the latest release (1281), but when I did, I had to install a forwarder, as it no longer was able to boot straight from the UsbLoaderGX .dol file. So I added the UNEO channel booter to priiloader and installed a forwarder to USBLoaderGX as a wad.
So now what happens is that Super Smash Bros Brawl with mods will not load properly (black screen before the intro) if I boot straight into USBLoaderGX from priiloader through UNEO, but it will work fine if I go into USBLoaderGX from the Homebrew Channel.

I've made a few tests and here are the outcomes when I pick the modded Brawl to play:

#1) Booting straight into USBLoaderGX by installing UNEO's .dol to priiloader: black screen after the strap screen ❌
#2) Booting to priiloader by holding reset, then launching UNEO through "Launch Title": Same outcome as #1❌
#3) Booting to priiloader by holding reset, then going to system Menu, clicking the installed forwarder: Same outcome as #1❌
#4) Booting to priiloader by holding reset, then launching HBC through "Launch Title", and picking USBLoaderGX on HBC: It works just fine ✅
#5) Booting straight into USBLoaderGX by installing UNEO's .dol to priiloader, then exiting to HBC and and picking USBLoaderGX on HBC: Same as outcome #4 ✅
#6) Booting straight into USBLoaderGX by installing UNEO's .dol to priiloader, then exiting to System Menu and clicking the installed USBloaderGX forwarder: game loads very, very, very slowly, and I think it doesn't ever leave the loading screen. I've waited for a long time and it was still loading. Didn't get to the intro.❌
#7) Regular boot to system menu, and clicking the installed USBLoaderGX forwarder: Same as outcome #1❌
#8) Regular boot to system menu, and going to HBC through the HBC forwarder: Same as outcome #4 ✅

Bottom line: Goint into USBLoaderGX from HBC always works, but goint into it from the UNEO .dol or the forwarder always gets to a black screen after booting modded Brawl.

Theory: I'm thinking it could be the used IOS when installing the forwarder .wad, that's the only thing I can think of

Last edited by br3compactor,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Theory: I'm thinking it could be the used IOS when installing the forwarder .wad, that's the only thing I can think of
It's caused by memory conflicts, which is why it changes depending on how it's launched and what gets loaded to memory.

If you could tell me what modded version of SSBB you're using I'd see if I can replicate the issue with r1281 and if my current dev build fixes things.

br3compactor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well it isn't any that's publically avaliable yet (it's one in closed beta). But if you can get P+ (Project Plus) to work, mine would very likely work as well.
If P+ works with no issue, I could send you my build so you could check what could be going wrong..

rafaelsb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@almmiron Hello, have you managed to fix your problem? Im having the same issue, very slow ULGX after updating from 1272 to 1281 via ULGX updater.
Already tried to delete all cache files but the problem persists. My emunand channels/games are not showing the banner anymore, only black screen.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@almmiron Hello, have you managed to fix your problem? Im having the same issue, very slow ULGX after updating from 1272 to 1281 via ULGX updater.
Already tried to delete all cache files but the problem persists. My emunand channels/games are not showing the banner anymore, only black screen.
I could not.

Ended up using older usbloaderGX in conjunction with d2x v8 final, much faster for my setup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.