• Likes 49

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some game don't work on EmuNAND with USBLoaderGX.
Some non working games are WiiWare, and a lot of non working games are N64 Virtual Console.

WiiWare :
- Install on Real NAND
or
- Use another USBLoader compatible with "Neek2o" mode (for example wiiflow) for these games.

N64 :
- Real NAND
- Neek2o
Or
Use old Custom IOS rev17 and Rev19 (could be hard to setup if you are new to Wii homebrew)

Reactions: sunpious

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That was planned, but I don't have time to add it.
If I can release v3.1 with only two more feature it will be great. ( move/delete for multidisc games, re-add wad installation feature for Full channel internal-update)
I'll see what other improvements I can do only after that.

:O Excelent news Cyan

I thought the project was paused.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With dios-mios-booter I can load GC games without any SD card in, with DM installed. But when I try to load those on USB Loader GX v3.0, it continues to ask for me to copy to SD..

There's a way to load it by usb only?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you are using version 3.0, only DIOS MIOS Lite existed at that time.
So USBLoaderGX was made to always transfer game to SD and boot from SD card.

Later, Crediar released DIOS MIOS, and USB launching was added to USBloaderGX too. You need to update to at least one of the revision with USB support for gamecube games.
The best choice is to update to the latest beta, which maxternal linked above.

extract the "boot.dol" file located in the zip/IOS249/ folder, and overwrite the old one located in your SD;/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
If you are launching the loader from the Channel (3.0c in the credit page), then don't use the channel.
Install the Forwarder channel, or launch the loader from the homebrew channel.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The best choice is to update to the latest beta, which maxternal linked above.

extract the "boot.dol" file located in the zip/IOS249/ folder, and overwrite the old one located in your SD;/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
If you are launching the loader from the Channel (3.0c in the credit page), then don't use the channel.
Install the Forwarder channel, or launch the loader from the homebrew channel.
Yup, the last revision that maxternal linked did the trick; thanks. I'm launching it from the homebrew channel also.

One other thing.. ..I'm loading USBloaderGX from a hdd (FAT32 32kb cluster), no problem with that. But I can't make the loader recognize a pendrive that is on the second usb port (or it doesn't show the games from it..)
The pendrive is partitioned ..and when I load a loader directly from it, it loads the games just fine..

I also enabled on the settings HDD Partitions and Both USB Ports..

How could I load both usb devices?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Probably not the best place to ask, but I´m familiar with this thread =P

Q1: Has Quadforce cMIOS the same system as DM, regarding it needs an HDD pluged to work?
Q2: This Quadforce cMIOS overwrittes original MIOS, how it can be possible have both: DM and Quadforce in the same Wii?
Q3:And has Quadforce cMIOS a custom boot screen like DM?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yup, the last revision that maxternal linked did the trick; thanks. I'm launching it from the homebrew channel also.

One other thing.. ..I'm loading USBloaderGX from a hdd (FAT32 32kb cluster), no problem with that. But I can't make the loader recognize a pendrive that is on the second usb port (or it doesn't show the games from it..)
The pendrive is partitioned ..and when I load a loader directly from it, it loads the games just fine..

I also enabled on the settings HDD Partitions and Both USB Ports..

How could I load both usb devices?
You need a cIOS with dual port support.
- Hermes cIOS v4+
- cIOS d2x v9
- cIOS d2x v10-alt

Di you have one of these? if it doesn't work with it, let me know and we will check your setup better.

Probably not the best place to ask, but I´m familiar with this thread =P

Q1: Has Quadforce cMIOS the same system as DM, regarding it needs an HDD pluged to work? no need to have a HDD pluged when using SD version. *
Q2: This Quadforce cMIOS overwrittes original MIOS, how it can be possible have both: DM and Quadforce in the same Wii? By using EmuNAND : either one on NAND and one on EmuNAND with neek2o, or all on EmuNAND with Sneek (Sneek is detecting the game type and device, and launch DM/DML/Quad accordingly if you place the .bin in /sneek/ folder instead of installing them in BC slot).
Q3:And has Quadforce cMIOS a custom boot screen like DM?yes, it has a Triforce logo

* The "you need HDD plugged" with DIOS MIOS is only when you launch a game from the Disc Channel with DIOS MIOS installed in MIOS.
as DIOS MIOS allows Disc launching, you can use the Disc Channel, but DM always tries to mount the HDD before checking the settings and before knowing if you run from iso or disc.
If you have DIOS MIOS Lite installed in MIOS, then you don't need the HDD plugged in the Wii, as it doesn't init the HDD at all. (it should init the SD card instead).
But with QuadForce you can't play retail gameCube discs, so your Q1 is not a real problem : if you run an ISO from USB, you need the USB connected. If you run an ISO from SD, you don't need the USB connected.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need a cIOS with dual port support.
- Hermes cIOS v4+
- cIOS d2x v9
- cIOS d2x v10-alt
Do you have one of these? if it doesn't work with it, let me know and we will check your setup better.
I have the Hermes cIOS and , if I'm not mistaken, cIOS249[56]-d2x-v9-beta(r49) (but maybe it can be a v8 final..).

I could run a syscheck, but weirdly, my SD port started this week to not work properly (wii recognizes that it's inserted, but can't read it) ... so, I cant save the logs.. (the SD card runs fine when plugged on the usb ports though) ..homebrew channel acts all weird when I have a SD card inserted too ..sometimes it doesn't loads the usb port, or takes more time than normal to do so (if I try selecting the usb port on the homebrew channel menu, when it's not loaded, the channel crashes ...I can post the print of the crash if you want too)

Yeah, maybe it's too much problems :P ...if needed I can make a thread only about the SD problem, if you think its not related

Updating info: the pendrive has 7,84MB unallocated first, 478,47 MB FAT16 second (just for apps), and a 7,06 GB WBFS third ..if that is of any help

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
T'sup peeps, I've been using USBL-GX lately and getting familiar with all the options and the layout. Since I've been going into it more often, I want to use a forwarder channel. I know the one supplied by the all-in-one pack is available, but I have a bunch of different forwarders for CFG and even more for WiiFlow, I was wondering where is a good place/thread/site I can find more USBL-GX forwarders? I figured this might be a good place to start my search :)

Reactions: OriginalHamster

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
T'sup peeps, I've been using USBL-GX lately and getting familiar with all the options and the layout. Since I've been going into it more often, I want to use a forwarder channel. I know the one supplied by the all-in-one pack is available, but I have a bunch of different forwarders for CFG and even more for WiiFlow, I was wondering where is a good place/thread/site I can find more USBL-GX forwarders? I figured this might be a good place to start my search :)
I have one v5.1 custom Forwarder here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/dli3vsmb3626z9u/USB Loader GX - Gold Medal - UNEO.wad
Check it out and tell me what you think :)

Reactions: MassiveRican

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Help, I can't seem to be able to load Kirby's Return to Dreamland or Wii Party off USB. I tried using cIOS 249 and cOS250 with d2x-v8-final installed, and when I attempt to run them, I get a disk read error message. No other game I've tested gives me this error, and the games work flawlessly with CFG Usb Loader, so I'm positive it's not a bad dump problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    chrisrlink @ chrisrlink: lol +1