Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any tip on my problem Cyan ?
Is your pendrive recognized when connected on Port0 ?
if not, does it work fine in other loaders?

I don't know why, but more users are reporting problem with pendrives. It seems that only HDD work correctly, not flash drives.
if t works in other loaders, I could check their usb initialization and partition management.
I have one v5.1 custom Forwarder here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/dli3vsmb3626z9u/USB Loader GX - Gold Medal - UNEO.wad
Check it out and tell me what you think :)
Did you try this forwarder on vWii too?
I would like to know if there's still the video synch problem (to know if the problem is the channel or the forwarder code. I think it's the video initialization in the forwarder code)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

I don't know why, but more users are reporting problem with pendrives. It seems that only HDD work correctly, not flash drives.
if t works in other loaders, I could check their usb initialization and partition management.

Did you try this forwarder on vWii too?
I would like to know if there's still the video synch problem (to know if the problem is the channel or the forwarder code. I think it's the video initialization in the forwarder code)
No this is not for vWii but i can make one if you like

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to directly boot a gamecube game's second disc? I'm (finally) going through and running Devolution for all of the games I still have discs for, and want to do my copies of Killer7 and MGS:TTS, but I'm not seeing this option.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way to directly boot a gamecube game's second disc? I'm (finally) going through and running Devolution for all of the games I still have discs for, and want to do my copies of Killer7 and MGS:TTS, but I'm not seeing this option.
It depends if you are using Devolution or DIOS MIOS.

- Devolution always boot the first disc. Even if you boot the second disc, as long as it find both ISO, it will load the first one.
Then, in game, when you need to switch to discs, just press eject.

- Devolution can boot Disc2 if you don't have Disc1 ISO.

- DIOS MIOS (Lite) can boot Disc1 or Disc2, you can select the one you want to boot if both ISO are in the same folder, using the correct name (game.iso and disc2.iso), and you are using USBLoaderGX r1208+

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Ok ...here are my findings:

The pendrive is recognized on both ports by the homebrew channel.. I ran a sysCheck and I can confirm now that I have this:
Code:
IOS202[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.2): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.0): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
I will try to detail all possible configurations (it may get a bit lengthy..):

I can run the pendrive games fine when it's on Port0 (uLoader, UsbLoaderGX and WiiFlow works) ..but then I discovered that not only changing Ports caused different behaviors ..having a SD card inserted, or a HDD on the other Port (or having it empty) also changed the results.
Maybe this behaviors have something to do on how UsbLoaderGX deals with d2x-v8final especifically? ..I can not tell..
Before anything though (even if irrelevant in the end), as I said before, my pendrive is partitioned on this order: 7,84MB unallocated first, 478,47MB FAT16 second (just for apps), and a 7,06GB WBFS third. And my HDD has the first partition as FAT32 32kb cluster (the only one I use for wii).

Now, here are all the scenarios:

Pendrive only (without a SD card inserted):

- Pen. on Port0: UsbLoaderGX load fine, save emunand works. WiiFlow works fine.
- Pen. on Port1: UsbLoaderGX can't see the Pen. games (actually, it doesn't see Port1). WiiFlow works fine.

Pendrive only (SD card inserted):

- Pen. on Port0: worked loading UsbLoaderGX from the pendrive itself or the SD card ..but when it's loading, it takes a while on "Mounting usb Port to 1", sometimes I needed to wait A LOT ..at first I even thought that it had crashed. Also, save emunand doesn't work. I get a "need d2x iso" kind of message (this "Mounting usb" slowdown and the Save Emu Nand problem will appear in other scenarios too ..but the key point here: only when I have a SD card inserted ..weird, cause uLoader and WiiFlow doesn't show this two problems). ps: emunand won't work even if I plug a HDD on the other Port and change the emunand paths to the HDD's nand folder that used to work fine when loading UsbLoaderGX from the HDD only (no pen. or sd in).
WiiFlow works fine.

- Pen. on Port1: loading UsbLoaderGX from the pendrive itself or the SD card gave me the same results as pointed above. WiiFlow works fine.

A point before continuing: ..from now on, in all different setups, WiiFlow will generally show what is on the HDD only. If I'm not talking about it on a setup, that's cause it worked fine, but only loaded the HDD. I'll only point out the exceptions.

HDD only (without a SD card inserted):

- HDD. on Port0: UsbLoaderGX load fine, save emunand works.
- HDD. on Port1: UsbLoaderGX can't see the HDD games (it doesn't see Port1). Save emunand works.

HDD only (SD card inserted):

- HDD on Port0: worked loading UsbLoaderGX from the HDD itself or the SD card. "Mounting usb Port to 1" slowdown. Save emunand doesn't work.
- HDD on Port1: loading UsbLoaderGX from the HDD itself or the SD card gave me the same results as pointed above.

Pen. and HDD (without a SD card inserted):

- Pen. on Port0 and HDD on Port1: when loading UsbLoaderGX from the HDD itself or from the Pen., it only loads Port0 (the Pen.). Save emunand works.
- HDD on Port0 and Pen. on Port1: when loading UsbLoaderGX from the HDD itself or from the Pen., it only loads Port0 (the HDD). WiiFlow loads only the Pen.. Save emunand works.

Pen. and HDD (SD card inserted):

- Pen. on Port0 and HDD on Port1: when loading UsbLoaderGX from the HDD itself, from the Pen. or from the SD card, it loads everything (the games that are on the HDD and the Pen.). Save emunand doesn't work.

- HDD on Port0 and Pen. on Port1: when loading UsbLoaderGX from the HDD itself, from the Pen. or from the SD card, it loads everything. WiiFlow loads only the Pen.. Save emunand doesn't work.

I tried to be detailed so you can test this things for yourself if needed ...I hope there's a way to fix this problems.

-My preferred setup (if fixed) would be: HDD on Port0 (for wii and GC games ...also for saves to emunand), Pendrive on Port1 (for wii games)and a SD card (with some GC games)

edit: for this tests I hadn't any games on the SD card ...so now I copied a GC game to it, and in all the setups where a SD card is inserted, UsbLoaderGX also seems to load it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok ...here are my findings:[...]
I think I know what's your problem, and why it's working with Wiiflow : You selected the wrong cIOS slot!
Wiiflow probably works fine because it's using the official IOS58 + AHB access, no cIOS, and Nintendo support both ports.
But USBLoaderGX has no IOS58+AHB access support (I should add it back, it was removed in v2.0).

Like I said before:
Port1 only works if you set USBLoaderGX to use an IOS Slot where you have installed either :
- hermes v4 or v5.1
- cIOS d2x version 9 or d2x version 10-alt

You have :
- Hermes v5.1 installed in slot 222 : it's fine, but Hermes cIOS is not compatible with Emulated NAND (that's why you had the message telling you need d2x, you probably tried one of the slot where Hermes cIOS is installed)
- cIOS 2dx v8 in slot 249 and 250 : not compatible with port 1 ! but works with EmuNAND.

What you need to do :

Step 1: the custom IOS
Use ModMii or cIOS d2x installer to install these cIOS on your Wii :
d2x v10-alt, base 56, in the slot you want (for example 249, or 247)
d2x v10-alt, base 57, in the slot you want (for example 250, or 248)

What I mean is either:
- replace slot 249 and 250 from version 8 to version 10-alt
or
- keep version 8 in slot 249 and 250, and install version 10-alt in two other slots (247 and 248 for example).

Step 2: the USBLoaderGX settings
- insert both USB devices in your Wii
- Go into Settings > Loader Settings > Main (IOS) : Select the slot where you installed the d2x v10-alt base56
- Reboot the loader (important! it needs a reboot to take the new cIOS in account)
- Go into Settings > HDD Settings > USB Port : both
- Go into Settings > HDD Settings > Multiple partition : Enable (to list all found partition from all ports at the same time)
- Go into Settings > HDD Settings > Partition : Select the partition you want to install dumped Wii games disc.

When you rename a game's title, where do thoese rename settings go, because I'm trying to rename Okami because GX doesn't support the "Ō" so its just "kami"
It depends what you are using to display game names.
Short version :
The name is stored in the Cache, you need to enable it in the features menu before renaming the game using the internal Title renamer.
Features > Cache : Enable
Gui > Game window : rotating disc
Load a game, and in the rotating disc windows click on his title to rename it.

• If you use Wiitdb, you can edit the name in that file (open the .xml in a text editor and search for Okami)
It will be replaced next time you update wiitdb.xml, so you'll have to edit it again.

• Don't use Wiitdb, and rely on internal Game Title (it's a mess, I don't suggest this solution)
- by using the Settings > Features > Force internal Disc Title
or
- by disabling Settings > Features > Use Gametdb titles, and using WBFS Partition (it will use the internal disc title)

• Don't use Wiitdb, and use FAT/NTFS, it will use the game's folder as Game's title.
Rename the folder on your USB (usb;/wbfs/game title here [ID]/ID.wbfs)

• Enable the game's Cache setting
Edit the game's title in USBLoaderGX when Cache is enabled.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends if you are using Devolution or DIOS MIOS.

- Devolution always boot the first disc. Even if you boot the second disc, as long as it find both ISO, it will load the first one.
Then, in game, when you need to switch to discs, just press eject.

- Devolution can boot Disc2 if you don't have Disc1 ISO.

- DIOS MIOS (Lite) can boot Disc1 or Disc2, you can select the one you want to boot if both ISO are in the same folder, using the correct name (game.iso and disc2.iso), and you are using USBLoaderGX r1208+

Damn, I need to do it in Devo. Do you know of anything I can use to do that? I just need to generate the Devolution AP file for my second discs so I can put my GC games back in storage.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
delete your first disc ISO (or move it in another folder), dump your Second Disc, launch the Second disc ISO (the only one left), and it should ask you to verify the disc and let you play/start from Disc2.
If it doesn't, then maybe Devolution is made to verify only first discs and you can't start from Disc2. But I think it's possible as long as you keep only one ISO.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I have a issue concerning video patching that has been nagging me for the longest time I know.
Usb loader GX does not seem to be able to display the following games in 480p.
Madworld NTSC
MotoGP NTSC

When using CFG loader, these games can be displayed in glorious 480p by setting the following:
My system is set to display 480p connected e via Component leads, so video in cfg loader is set on "system".
Along side this setting I use video patch "sneek+all".
This way the video is patched to 480p.

It would be awesome is this could be implemented in usb loader GX.
As of now these games can only be patched to display 480i from usb loader GX.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know, it's in my todo list. I will check how patching is done in wiiflow.
If you don't use sneek method in wiiflow, the game is in 480i ? is it the Sneek method which makes it work?

Edit:
Maybe I should add known bugs to the issue page instead of keeping them for myself :P

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know, it's in my todo list. I will check how patching is done in wiiflow.
If you don't use sneek method in wiiflow, the game is in 480i ? is it the Sneek method which makes it work?

Edit:
Maybe I should add known bugs to the issue page instead of keeping them for myself :P
Thank you, Cyan.
Regarding the the patching:
Yes, I think it's related to the sneek method.
I only compared cfg loaders setting with GX's.
Wiiflow craps out on me no matter what.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey cyan, do you need to make any changes to gx to have devolution r 200 to work to have gc work on wiiU, or should it would without any changes to gx

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No change is needed to make it work. I didn't test it, but it should work on WiiU like it does on Wii.

The only update I need to do is to add the new Direct Controller Mapping setting :
Use direct mapping of CC/PS3 buttons (a=a, b=b, etc.)
otherwise b=a, y=b, x=y, a=x
but it's not an urgent update, you can use the controller with the default mapping.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I know what's your problem (...)
I got some time to install those things right now.. ..but I have some questions before doing it:

- There's any reason for keeping d2x v8 on slots 249 and 250? (does it have some difference in compatibility and performance/speed compared with d2x v10-alt or something ?) cause it's more handy to have the new one on 249 (when using other loaders for example..) ...but if d2x v8 has relevance, I may rethink it
- With d2x v10-alt installed on slots 248 and 247; I read somewhere that slot 248 would have some speed advantages (but I don't know well the differences between them, or if it's relevant at all..) ...should I set the loader to use the 247 anyways?
- From my old tests (and after reading your answer) seems like usbLoaderGX was automatically changing from IOS249 (d2x v8) to the IOS222 (Hermes 5.1) in all setups that had a SD card inserted O.o ..so, even after setting the loader to use d2x v10-alt ...wouldn't it load Hermes IOS222 again everytime I have a SD card in?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the slot number has nothing to do with "speed advantage".
What's important is which IOS Base is installed in your Slot number.

if you install a cIOS based on IOS56 it will have "speed advantage" over a cIOS based on IOS57.

There's no reason to keep v8 if v10-alt work fine for you.
Either :
you replace slot249 and 250, and if 10-alt doesn't you re-install v8 in 249 and 250
or
You install v10-alt in different slot, if 10-alt doesn't work you don't need to reinstall v8 because you already have them.

I recommend to replace slot249 and 250, that way you only have the minimum IOS installed on your Wii (no need to install 40 different unneeded things).

The loader shouldn't automatically load IOS222 if you have IOS249 correctly installed (d2x v10-alt base 56 version21010)

When using CFG loader, these games can be displayed in glorious 480p by setting the following:
My system is set to display 480p connected e via Component leads, so video in cfg loader is set on "system".
Along side this setting I use video patch "sneek+all".
This way the video is patched to 480p.
I changed GX to always force the video mode to progressive, but it always display my MadWorld in 576i (I have the PAL game).
I finally tested CFG-Loader v70mod15, set the same settings as you and couldn't force the game in 480p (it always default to 576i).
Maybe the PAL game can't be forced to 480p at all.
I may need your help to fix the video mode patcher.

Reactions: Walker D

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Why does Mario Kart Wii create a channel in the emunand if the save file is stored also in the emunand? Besides, If I delete that channel, my savegame is also deleted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice