Country
Austria

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's one of the games that uses MetaFortress, so most of them can't be patched.

You can make Kirby's Return to Dreamland work by placing the attached file on the root of your SD card.

Does it also work on WiiU's vWii using WiiFlow?
If someone magaed to get it to worl, please help me by telling where I have to place the file instead of the root of the SD card or where I have to set a certain configuration.Thank you very much in advance :)

TuF

Oddx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just going to drop this here.

v3.1
+ fixed issue with switching between using GameTDB names or Disc names

v3
+ moved caching code to list generation functions instead of header lookup
functions
+ consolidated enabled gamelist by loadermode/sort and cached it.
+ cache will now reset if a list generator function is called when header
caching is on and a cache file is present. should only happen on things
like installing games in usbloadergx where the gamelist changes. option
in settings menu to reset if you modify files manually.
+ presorted lists are now cached for static loadermodes.
+ filtering occurs after the cache now so categories, parental controls
game lock, etc... all functioning now as intended.
+ pugixml has been implemented wherever tinyxml2 was used for significant
speed ups dealing with huge GXGameCategories.xml.

this patch is for the 2019 build svn 1272. It can be svn patched into a svn checkout of 1272 and built on the tools from that repo.

Attachments

• usbloadergx_1272_cache_v3.1_cheat_v1.patch.zip
    88.8 KB · Views: 43
  • usbloader_gx.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 55
Last edited by Oddx,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
just going to drop this here.

v3
+ moved caching code to list generation functions instead of header lookup
functions
+ consolidated enabled gamelist by loadermode/sort and cached it.
+ cache will now reset if a list generator function is called when header
caching is on and a cache file is present. should only happen on things
like installing games in usbloadergx where the gamelist changes. option
in settings menu to reset if you modify files manually.
+ presorted lists are now cached for static loadermodes.
+ filtering occurs after the cache now so categories, parental controls
game lock, etc... all functioning now as intended.

this patch is for the last official build svn 1272. It can be svn patched into a svn checkout of 1272 and built on the tools from that repo.

i'd port this over to blackbox's version but his tool chain is far ahead and I don't know the conversions.
Hey wait you're not blackb0x.... lol, jk, but seriously you made me a do a double take

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think @fledge68 has said that it should and I believe that it goes on the root of your SD card? Don't quote me on that though.

i'd port this over to blackbox's version but his tool chain is far ahead and I don't know the conversions.
I'll need to take a look at the patch, since I've made a lot of changes throughout the loader for the next release and that includes some changes to the caching systems.

I recently discovered that you were previously incorrectly combining filtered and unfiltered lists, which would give games the wrong sort order when their titles were changed (e.g. toggling title options). So I fixed that myself, although if your latest patch also addresses that problem then I'll most likely migrate to it since caching hasn't been my core focus.

EDIT: Unfortunately it's still broken in your build and I also seen invalid titles when I first enabled game header caching (while GameTDB titles were off). After toggling GameTDB titles on it fixes itself, but if I reset the header cache then I see the invalid titles again.

I created a build that uses RapidXml, but I don't plan on including it because it increases the DOL size and that can cause problems for some games. So if pugixml does the same thing then I might need to exclude this part of the patch since I need to favour stability over speed.

For future reference, my version of the loader is now considered the official release. So you could of forked my build and then it might of been a little easier to merge the changes.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Oddx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll need to take a look at the patch, since I've made a lot of changes throughout the loader for the next release and that includes some changes to the caching systems.

I recently discovered that you were previously incorrectly combining filtered and unfiltered lists, which would give games the wrong sort order when their titles were changed (e.g. toggling title options). So I fixed that myself, although if your latest patch also addresses that problem then I'll most likely migrate to it since caching hasn't been my core focus.

EDIT: Unfortunately it's still broken in your build and I also seen invalid titles when I first enabled game header caching (while GameTDB titles were off). After toggling GameTDB titles on it fixes itself, but if I reset the header cache I see invalid titles again.

I created a build that uses RapidXml, but I don't plan on including it because it increases the DOL size and that can cause problems for some games. So if pugixml does the same thing then I might need to exclude this part of the patch since I need to favour stability over speed.

For future reference, my version of the loader is now considered the official release. So you could of forked my build and then it might of been a little easier to merge the changes.
I reworked the cache system from scratch... it no longer functions like it did... its big speed boost now comes from a cached presorted list where it enables games before the filterlist occurs... it no longer gets in the way and works fine without godmode. pugixml added about 30k to the dol after converting all the tinyxml2 stuff...probably some that isnt used anymore... just to get it to not link it... but it shaved 70sec category changes on my setup to less than a second. can probably gain that 30k back by converting GameTDB over to pugixml.... but that looks like a whole can of worms atm with all its caching going on to be fast xml access to wiidb.xml but all of it could be xpathed in pugixml. Also wasnt aware your build is the new official i been away for a while... figured i would post what is working for me, if others can use it in there build that's cool.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Oddx Notice the edit I made though? Unfortunately it's still got some of the same bugs as v2. For example, the PAL version of Wii Sports is called "SPORTS PACK for REVOLUTION" without GameTDB titles enabled. So if you enable GameTDB titles while header caching is enabled then Wii Sports will be among games starting with S instead of W.

And if you've got GameTDB titles disabled and then enable game header caching you'll see a bunch of invalid titles, as if the cache file was corrupted. And then if you enable GameTDB titles you might think the issue is fixed, but when you reset the header cache the issue returns.

I can send you a private message with a little info on how I addressed the problem in v2.

Oddx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Oddx Notice the edit I made though? Unfortunately it's still got some of the same bugs as v2. For example, the PAL version of Wii Sports is called "SPORTS PACK for REVOLUTION" without GameTDB titles enabled. So if you enable GameTDB titles while header caching is enabled then Wii Sports will be among games starting with S instead of W.

And if you've got GameTDB titles disabled and then enable game header caching you'll see a bunch of invalid titles, as if the cache file was corrupted. And then if you enable GameTDB titles you might think the issue is fixed, but when you reset the header cache the issue returns.

I can send you a private message with a little info on how I addressed the problem in v2.
sure, I've never actually turned off the titles of but I'll see if i can replicate the issue. id be interested in how you addressed the issue as well.

Reactions: Alexander1970

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone magaed to get it to worl, please help me by telling where I have to place the file instead of the root of the SD card or where I have to set a certain configuration.Thank you very much in advance :)

TuF
it goes in root:/wiiflow/codes.

must be named gameconfig.txt

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems with Kirby (European version has a black screen and the American version freezes) in addition Tomb Raider also has a black screen, your 2019 version that said to solve solved the problem in Zelda Skaward Sword in which in the most current version what came up that "solves Kirby's problem" was black screen in Kirby at 10% of the game done (European version) and in the pirates' hideout in Zelda Skaward Sword, couldn't you take a look at that? I really want to play Kirby Adventure Wii
To turn the european game color, click the game one time and there is a settings button on the left of the screen. Click "Settings" then click "Game Load"Then go to "Video Mode" and change "Video Mode" to "Force NTSC".
It has to be done for each game individually that have the black and white screen,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having problems with Kirby (European version has a black screen and the American version freezes)
Are you using the patch?

The issue with Tomb Raider could be caused by your cIOS setup or settings. So have you modified any of the video settings from their defaults or do you have cheats enabled?

@geoGolem That's actually my updated version of the tab mod, before I stopped supporting it since it doesn't work with 4:3 TVs correctly and I didn't want to maintain 2 versions of the loader.

Eventually I might release an updated version of the tab mod again.

Last edited by blackb0x,

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's actually my updated version of the tab mod, before I stopped supporting it since it doesn't work with 4:3 TVs correctly and I didn't want to maintain 2 versions of the loader.

Eventually I might release an updated version of the tab mod again.

That would be cool.. Maybe it would be possible to somehow integrate it with some option --> i doubt its a good idea to have to have 2 version of the loader -- both for you, and it would confuse users.. Maybe it would be possible to have some option to enable/disable it.. and just have it off by default.. then people can enable it if they want....

Anyway I'm sure you thought about that lol.. so no pressure, it just does look cool/nice.

Looking forward to your next release anyway!

Thanks

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe it would be possible to have some option to enable/disable it.. and just have it off by default.. then people can enable it if they want....
That's something that I considered, but I think it's better to keep it separate simply because it's incompatible with all themes and it dosn't work with 4:3 TVs.

If I release another tab mod update then I'll most likely push the changes into a separate branch on GitHub, so at least then it'll be easier to merge in changes from my main branch.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, the US version crashes and the version I want has a black screen (European version), Tomb Raider doesn't even start, both the European and US versions are on black screen, however the only good thing was that it solved the problem in Zelda Skaward Sword that now the game is 100%, I think the USB Loader has to be updated
Could you go into the settings menu and reset the loader to it's default settings? Then try to play the problematic games while the loaders still set to English with it's default settings.

I haven't tested others like Tin Tin
Tintin would likely boot and then it might crash when lightning hits the plane. But then you can reset and the game will continue from where it left off.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately neither this path works nor root:/wiiflow/settings. In both cases the game results in a console freezing black screen after starting a new game :(
what settings did you have for the game? did you turn on ocarina? debug? hooktype? i know for sure it goes in wiiflow/codes. and i'm pretty sure you need to turn on ocarina.

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what settings did you have for the game? did you turn on ocarina? debug? hooktype? i know for sure it goes in wiiflow/codes. and i'm pretty sure you need to turn on ocarina.

To be sure, I now have put the .txt file in the following three directories:
- root:/
- root:/wiiflow/codes
- root:/wiiflow/settings

After your suggestion to turn on Ocarina, I have the following:

[SUKP01]
apploader=no
aspect_ratio=0
cheat=yes
country_patch=no
custom=no
debugger=0
emulate_save=1
fix480p=no
hooktype=0
ios=0
language=0
led=no
patch_video_modes=0
private_server=no
useneek=no
video_mode=2
vipatch=no

so...

(1/5)
adult only = Off
IOS = auto
Language = standard
Video mode = system

(2/5)
Debugger = deactivated
Hook type = auto
Ocarina = On

Cheat Codes = Select (I don't have any)

(3/5)
Patch country strings = Off
Vipatch = Off
Patch video modes = None
Aspect ratio = Default

(4/5)
NAND Emulation = Off

Extract Save from NAND = Extract
Flash Save to NAND = Flash
Manage Cover and Banner = Manage

(5/5)
Activity LED = Off
Private Server (Wiimmfi) = Off
480p pixel patch = Off

Thank you for your help :)

Last edited by Fladulator,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be sure, I now have put the .txt file in the following three directories:
- root:/
- root:/wiiflow/codes
- root:/wiiflow/settings

After your suggestion to turn on Ocarina, I have the following:

[SUKP01]
apploader=no
aspect_ratio=0
cheat=yes
country_patch=no
custom=no
debugger=0
emulate_save=1
fix480p=no
hooktype=0
ios=0
language=0
led=no
patch_video_modes=0
private_server=no
useneek=no
video_mode=2
vipatch=no

so...

(1/5)
adult only = Off
IOS = auto
Language = standard
Video mode = system

(2/5)
Debugger = deactivated
Hook type = auto
Ocarina = On

Cheat Codes = Select (I don't have any)

(3/5)
Patch country strings = Off
Vipatch = Off
Patch video modes = None
Aspect ratio = Default

(4/5)
NAND Emulation = Off

Extract Save from NAND = Extract
Flash Save to NAND = Flash
Manage Cover and Banner = Manage

(5/5)
Activity LED = Off
Private Server (Wiimmfi) = Off
480p pixel patch = Off

Thank you for your help :)
Do you have the gameconfig.txt made for all the regions of the game. Open it in a text editor and find out.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is out