• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, only saw this just now.

No, they're playable on actual hardware. Not sure why you would think that.
Sorry it's just that the website for the custom game 'Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii' seems to only have instructions for Riivolution and Dolphin, so I wrongly assumed that was the only way of running it. A quick google suggests that it is possible to make a custom iso or wbfs yourself, so I stand corrected.

My understanding is that ULGX will extract the banner from the game itself, so in the case of 'Newer Super Mario Bros Wii' it would create a banner based on 'Super Mario Bros Wii' as that is the original game? Although I guess it would be possible for the author of the NSMBW to add the custom banner to the game?

If you wanted to add a custom banner yourself, then can't you just drop it into the ULGX cache_bnr folder? Is that what you want ULGX to do instead? Sorry if I misunderstand what you want ULGX to do?

Last edited by fandango,

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Sorry it's just that the website for the custom game 'Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii' seems to only have instructions for Riivolution and Dolphin, so I wrongly assumed that was the only way of running it. A quick google suggests that it is possible to make a custom iso or wbfs yourself, so I stand corrected.

My understanding is that ULGX will extract the banner from the game itself, so in the case of 'Newer Super Mario Bros Wii' it would create a banner based on 'Super Mario Bros Wii' as that is the original game? Although I guess it would be possible for the author of the NSMBW to add the custom banner to the game?

If you wanted to add a custom banner yourself, then can't you just drop it into the ULGX cache_bnr folder? Is that what you want ULGX to do instead? Sorry if I misunderstand what you want ULGX to do?

I was trying to ask @blackb0x if he could check custom games to see if custom banners are available, which replace the regular New Super Mario Bros. Wii banner that the mod might come with. I think WiiFlow Lite checks for them, but not USB Loader GX.

Also, USB Loader GX is still not reading the correct game titles from GameTDB and I don't know why.

Reactions: fandango

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blackb0x Is it possible for you to update USB Loader GX to try to download banners for custom games? I believe WiiFlow does that, but USB Loader GX doesn't.
Probably not for my next release, but maybe the one after that.

I believe you can manually place the files into the cache_bnr folder for the time being.

Also, USB Loader GX is still not reading the correct game titles from GameTDB and I don't know why.
That might be fixed in my next release, although it'll require you to use a new option to reset the cached titles.

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @blackb0x hope you are doing well.

I was wondering if it's possible to correct a minor bug where renaming a game title using the ULGX GUI doesn't stick.

eg. with the game Ōkami, it has that special Ō so it gets alphabetically sorted to the end of the game list (it also gets displayed as just "kami").

To try and avoid this I renamed it to Okami using the ULGX GUI (spinning disc view > click on game title).

After doing this it is correctly sorted to the O section alphabetically, but gets reverted at the next launch of ULGX.

For testing purposes you can trigger the revert by unticking and reticking all the game categories to refresh the game list.

Cheers

edit: saw this

rename the game from the loader interface (but it's not always loaded correctly, it's a bug and I don't know why)

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @blackb0x hope you are doing well.

I was wondering if it's possible to correct a minor bug where renaming a game title using the ULGX GUI doesn't stick.

eg. with the game Ōkami, it has that special Ō so it gets alphabetically sorted to the end of the game list (it also gets displayed as just "kami").

To try and avoid this I renamed it to Okami using the ULGX GUI (spinning disc view > click on game title).

After doing this it is correctly sorted to the O section alphabetically, but gets reverted at the next launch of ULGX.

For testing purposes you can trigger the revert by just unticking and reticking all the game categories to refresh the game list.

Cheers
This issue has annoyed me in the past too... Lol.. it would be nice to have a fix for that too..

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey @blackb0x in your changelog you say `Fixed an issue that would cause a few games to freeze`

All games in the list are fixed?
I know that Driver, The Smurfs and Tintin are playable as long as you're not enforcing any video settings or cheats. And Kirby is playable with a patch.

The issue is likely caused by caching, but I've already made changes that might of fixed it.

Last edited by blackb0x,

GDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@blackb0x
I tried Tintin out of curiosity because I remember it bugged after the first mission after lightning hit the plane,
it always crashes for me.

I use the PAL version
I checked MD5 : d9ea7ae3553a34c2967494f88e3d6f37

I am using cios 249 D2X-v10-beta52 without any video patches or cheats.

Last edited by GDX,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

@blackb0x
I tried Tintin out of curiosity because I remember it bugged after the first mission after lightning hit the plane,
it always crashes for me.

I use the PAL version
I checked MD5 : d9ea7ae3553a34c2967494f88e3d6f37

I am using cios 249 D2X-v10-beta52 without any video patches or cheats.
Yes,that is correct,but you can press "RESET" on the Wii,the Game reloads and you can continue your Adventure (with Struppi on the Streets).:)

jacksonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can manually place the files into the cache_bnr folder for the time being.
That's right. I did it for the translations of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (they're originally japanese WiiWare). And the .bnr file I extracted from the WAD sticks on ULGX.

I just had this idea: Has anyone tried that Kirby's patch converted into GCT, embed that into the .ISO, extract the main.dol and launch the game with the file as alternate DOL? Would it even work? (I've done this for RB3 1000 songs limit and the graphical glitch from Pokémon Battle Revolution fixed by Pokechu22 and they work). I'm not a coder so I don't know if the Kirby's patch changes anything other than the main.dol code, so I might test this later and report back. Nevermind, GCT files are limited to 256 lines.

kutukcu

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, I am working on Turkish translate update. Language file that I downloaded to my HDD and Github were different. Can someone provide me the source and file latest translation file? Thank you

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I am working on Turkish translate update. Language file that I downloaded to my HDD and Github were different. Can someone provide me the source and file latest translation file? Thank you
Hello,

download the language, from the parameters (update) of your loader (usb loader gx), wii connected to the net.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by blackb0x,

kutukcu

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks, I translated them all, current lines are done. I will be following for GH updates. How can I know when you will release a new version to send you translation file?

Cragdore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide or wiki that explains all of the USBLoaderGX settings? There's nothing on the SourceForge site, videos aren't comprehensive and get dated, and I cant find a good wiki either. Thanks!

Edit: Are there any settings I need to use for the GBA Link cable?

Last edited by Cragdore,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Is there a guide or wiki that explains all of the USBLoaderGX settings? There's nothing on the SourceForge site, videos aren't comprehensive and get dated, and I cant find a good wiki either. Thanks!

Edit: Are there any settings I need to use for the GBA Link cable?
Maybe a little Help for you:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/usbguiwikicolab/wikis/Settings.wiki

The latest USBLoader GX Enhanced Mod Versions from @blackb0x needs not really greater Changes in the Loader Settings.:)

Cragdore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...