• Views 7,189,819
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately neither this path works nor root:/wiiflow/settings. In both cases the game results in a console freezing black screen after starting a new game :(
what settings did you have for the game? did you turn on ocarina? debug? hooktype? i know for sure it goes in wiiflow/codes. and i'm pretty sure you need to turn on ocarina.

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what settings did you have for the game? did you turn on ocarina? debug? hooktype? i know for sure it goes in wiiflow/codes. and i'm pretty sure you need to turn on ocarina.

To be sure, I now have put the .txt file in the following three directories:
- root:/
- root:/wiiflow/codes
- root:/wiiflow/settings

After your suggestion to turn on Ocarina, I have the following:

[SUKP01]
apploader=no
aspect_ratio=0
cheat=yes
country_patch=no
custom=no
debugger=0
emulate_save=1
fix480p=no
hooktype=0
ios=0
language=0
led=no
patch_video_modes=0
private_server=no
useneek=no
video_mode=2
vipatch=no

so...

(1/5)
adult only = Off
IOS = auto
Language = standard
Video mode = system

(2/5)
Debugger = deactivated
Hook type = auto
Ocarina = On

Cheat Codes = Select (I don't have any)

(3/5)
Patch country strings = Off
Vipatch = Off
Patch video modes = None
Aspect ratio = Default

(4/5)
NAND Emulation = Off

Extract Save from NAND = Extract
Flash Save to NAND = Flash
Manage Cover and Banner = Manage

(5/5)
Activity LED = Off
Private Server (Wiimmfi) = Off
480p pixel patch = Off

Thank you for your help :)

Last edited by Fladulator,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be sure, I now have put the .txt file in the following three directories:
- root:/
- root:/wiiflow/codes
- root:/wiiflow/settings

After your suggestion to turn on Ocarina, I have the following:

[SUKP01]
apploader=no
aspect_ratio=0
cheat=yes
country_patch=no
custom=no
debugger=0
emulate_save=1
fix480p=no
hooktype=0
ios=0
language=0
led=no
patch_video_modes=0
private_server=no
useneek=no
video_mode=2
vipatch=no

so...

(1/5)
adult only = Off
IOS = auto
Language = standard
Video mode = system

(2/5)
Debugger = deactivated
Hook type = auto
Ocarina = On

Cheat Codes = Select (I don't have any)

(3/5)
Patch country strings = Off
Vipatch = Off
Patch video modes = None
Aspect ratio = Default

(4/5)
NAND Emulation = Off

Extract Save from NAND = Extract
Flash Save to NAND = Flash
Manage Cover and Banner = Manage

(5/5)
Activity LED = Off
Private Server (Wiimmfi) = Off
480p pixel patch = Off

Thank you for your help :)
Do you have the gameconfig.txt made for all the regions of the game. Open it in a text editor and find out.

Reactions: jeannotte

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course, it was the first thing I checked. It contains SUKP01 (PAL version).
are you trying to use cheats or patches? if not then there is no need for gameconfig.txt nor will make your game work. the reason to use gameconfig.txt is to bypass the anti piracy so you can use cheats and patches. if the game doesn't work without any applied then its simply a bad dump or corrupted.

Stuffuts

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Being a retro fan in general, I decided to pick a wii up a while ago. Usbloader versions seems like a jungle with all forks… currently using the loader from wiidev but it looks like it’s not maintained. It’s a bit sluggish but works, guess Wii’s performance is partly to blame but interested if there have been any development. What’s the recommended fork/version currently?

Stuffuts

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Being a retro fan I picked up a wii a while ago. Using the wiidev fork but it doesn’t look that it’s maintained and it seems progress are being done elsewhere. Loader works ok, sluggish but ok. What are the recommended forks/versions? Always on the lookout for improvements :)

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using the wiidev fork but it doesn’t look that it’s maintained and seems progress are being done elsewhere.
It's still being developed and I'll be releasing a new version soon.

Loader works ok, sluggish but ok.
If you have a lot of games then enabling game header caching might help. Otherwise if it's noticeably sluggish then it might be caused by your USB device.

Stuffuts

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's still being developed and I'll be releasing a new version soon.

Sweet, I think I saw something that you would take some time off and haven’t seen any commits since. Awesome to hear!
If you have a lot of games then enabling game header caching might help. Otherwise if it's noticeably sluggish then it might be caused by your USB device.
I’ll try game header caching, thanks!

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you go into the settings menu and reset the loader to it's default settings? Then try to play the problematic games while the loaders still set to English with it's default settings.

Tintin would likely boot and then it might crash when lightning hits the plane. But then you can reset and the game will continue from where it left off.
I finally found a solution for 60Hz in Resident Evil 2 PAL on Nintendont, but it doesn't work on USB Loader but on native Nintendont, it happens that when you apply the 60Hz code on 2 (the only one with this problem) it's that at it is amplified, so the solution is: in addition to activating the cheats, you have to force the video to NTSC, apply Patch PAL 50 on the native Nintendont, on the USB Loader unfortunately this solution doesn't work, I think you have to update resources in the USB Loader by the NGC (apart from this small issue with certain Wii games)

Hyrikan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got a problem and i couldn't find an answer with google. Maybe you guys can help me.

When i exit USB loader GX to HBC or System Menu, i get a blackscreen and need to shutdown the Wii.
My setup: USB Loader GX rev1272, forwarder channel in System Menu (working) (tell me, if you need more information)

Strange behavior i noticed: When exiting USB Loader GX into HBC with blackscreen or just shutting down the Wii at the Loader, the Wii boots into HBC after restarting (expected behavior with Priiloader set to autoboot into HBC). BUT when i exit into System Menu and get the blackscreen, the Wii also boots into System Menu after the cold shutdown and ignores the Priiloader autoboot setting. Maybe its correlated.

I will be very happy if you have any kind of help.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

I got a problem and i couldn't find an answer with google. Maybe you guys can help me.

When i exit USB loader GX to HBC or System Menu, i get a blackscreen and need to shutdown the Wii.
My setup: USB Loader GX rev1272, forwarder channel in System Menu (working) (tell me, if you need more information)

Strange behavior i noticed: When exiting USB Loader GX into HBC with blackscreen or just shutting down the Wii at the Loader, the Wii boots into HBC after restarting (expected behavior with Priiloader set to autoboot into HBC). BUT when i exit into System Menu and get the blackscreen, the Wii also boots into System Menu after the cold shutdown and ignores the Priiloader autoboot setting. Maybe its correlated.

I will be very happy if you have any kind of help.
Do you have installed the full Channel Forwarder ?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/Releases/Forwarders/
That one for the Wii please:
USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad

Thank you.:)

Hyrikan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good Morning.:)

Do you have installed the full Channel Forwarder ?
sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/Releases/Forwarders/
That one for the Wii please:
USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad

I got that one from ModMii:
USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v12-IDCL-alt.wad

Should i just install the one from gx too? Do i have to "deinstall" my old one?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I got that one from ModMii:
USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v12-IDCL-alt.wad

Should i just install the one from gx too? Do i have to "deinstall" my old one?
Thank you.😊
Please have a Moment of Patience.
I found this Thread
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-reboots-wii-on-start-up.354346/
having the same Issue like you.

Maybe our Friend and ModMii Chef @XFlak should have a Look on it.
Maybe it has to do with the ModMii Channel .wad or not...He knows for sure.😉

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Both channels work, choose the one you like most. ModMii's works for other loaders too so is more versatile (i.e. if you swap in a hdd that doesn't have GX on it but has wiiflow or cfg or something else, it will load one of them, whereas the GX channel only checks for GX, this can be changed though by replacing the dol in the channel with one from a different channel, or custom build using modmii and injected using customize mii).

If using modmii's channel, u can just select it in GX's return to settings, no need to install anything else.

Hyrikan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found this Thread
gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-reboots-wii-on-start-up.354346/
having the same Issue like you.
Sorry, I was not clear enough.
Thats not the same issue i have. He writes about having problems using a forwarder channel. My forwarder channel works fine and i can use it to start usb loader gx and use it to return to usb loader gx from a started game.

My problem is with exiting from the usb loader gx menu, without having started a game. Sadly, for now, i had not the time to experiment with it. My main guess is with some kind of video mode issues.

Moochieone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you please update the cIOS Compatibility List wiki for me as I have found that the following games require cIOS 38 for the microphone to work. The games boot using cIOS 56 but will not detect the mic.
High School Musical - Sing It! [RI2E4Q]
Karaoke Revolution [RK9EA4]
Karaoke Revolution Presents - American Idol Encore [RIEEA4]
Karaoke Revolution Presents - American Idol Encore 2 [RIFEA4]

My system: softmodded NTSC RVL-101 using d2x-v10.52 per recommendation from Wii Guide (base 57 in slot 249, base 56 in slot 250, and base 38 in slot 251). Using latest USB Loader GX with microphone in USB port 1.

Last edited by Moochieone,

Moochieone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you please update the cIOS Compatibility List wiki for me as I have found that the following games require cIOS 38 for the microphone to work. The games boot using cIOS 56 but will not detect the mic.
High School Musical - Sing It! [RI2E4Q]
Karaoke Revolution [RK9EA4]
Karaoke Revolution Presents - American Idol Encore [RIEEA4]
Karaoke Revolution Presents - American Idol Encore 2 [RIFEA4]

My system: softmodded NTSC RVL-101 using d2x-v10.52 per recommendation from Wii Guide (base 57 in slot 249, base 56 in slot 250, and base 38 in slot 251). Using latest USB Loader GX with microphone in USB port 1.
BTW, as an update to this, I'm finding that for most of the microphone singing games, if the microphone does not work on slot 249 (base 57), then it will work on slot 251 (base 38). I have not found any games (yet) where the microphone will work on slot 250 (base 56).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol