OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
choconado said:
So, will there be any effort to make pirated games that are presently not compatible work? What I have in mind most right now is the interesting looking Super Mario World pirate. It looks like it uses mapper 90 if that's the issue...
I've read your report on sf.net. Just wait. It takes time. I have my own work, and I just update nesDS in my leisure time.

Alanturing said:
could you please have a look at Castlevania games 1,2,3 they mostly work well but with a few graphical glitches mainly the bats on black background and lightning the propper operation can be seen in the video below.
also would be awesome if nesDS supported VRC6 mapper used in VRC6 Akumaj? Densetsu should sound like this (its almost right just needs a small adjustment)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3...33682998175797#
many thanks indeed for great work done on nesDS
please keep the good work up
No plan for extra sound now.

damingraham said:
not sure if im the only person with this issue but i have three versions of this on my dc. one older and two of the newer ones. the older one loads the lists and game very quickly as well as displaying every rom and sub directory
the newer ones take long to load list and game and does not show the sub folders
QUOTE(Alanturing @ May 22 2011, 10:35 AM) no, i think the file list is limited any chance fixing this
many thanks
The old nesDS does NOT use libnds/libfat while the newer one does. I should say, 'You guys are putting too many roms in one directory.'
I havent found a better way to read the folder.
max files in one folder is 1024.

QUOTE(GreatCrippler @ May 22 2011, 01:57 PM)
Any Reason why Punchout worked great before, and crap now?
Use 'Pure-Soft'. Not great before.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
BTW, Light Gun is ready....Funny~~~

LIGHT GUN?

This just might make me use my DS for emulation again.

Gumshoe on the go...
wub.gif

If you can do it, go for it huminghao.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buleste said:
Any chance of support for double sided FDS files (I have a few that start fine but need to have side B inserted in NESDS so they cannot get any further)?

Holding the R button while pressing left on the dpad should flip to side B.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buleste said:
Sir_Voe said:
Buleste said:
Any chance of support for double sided FDS files (I have a few that start fine but need to have side B inserted in NESDS so they cannot get any further)?

Thanks I'll give that a try.

EDIT: Didn't work.

I've ran tons of double sided FDS games by fiddling around with the buttons until the functions do what they're supposed to without even knowing which buttons do what, including otocky (2-sided), so they DO run. Just try until you succeed.
smile.gif

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work on the touch screen light gun emulation. One thing I think would be nice to see eventually is an additional setting to the "light gun" option for having an L button press toggle the light gun emulation on/off, rather than having to hold the L button constantly.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Sir_Voe said:
Great work on the touch screen light gun emulation. One thing I think would be nice to see eventually is an additional setting to the "light gun" option for having an L button press toggle the light gun emulation on/off, rather than having to hold the L button constantly.
It'd be a better idea to have the option to remap the light gun toggle away from the shoulder buttons. They have stopped working on a lot of peoples systems.
Excellent feature otherwise! Great Job.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
Buleste said:
Sir_Voe said:
Buleste said:

Thanks I'll give that a try.

EDIT: Didn't work.

I've ran tons of double sided FDS games by fiddling around with the buttons until the functions do what they're supposed to without even knowing which buttons do what, including otocky (2-sided), so they DO run. Just try until you succeed.
smile.gif

AH! Cool.
happy.gif
Now I can play Doki Doki Panic!
wub.gif

It kept giving me that Side B error. Thanks for clearing that up.
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Sir_Voe said:

some users have broken shoulder buttons. i think that holding the shoulder to use the light gun isn't the best idea. i'm also thinking that light gun games were just shooting, you don't use the controller. it would just make more sense to me if you simply turned on the light gun in the options, loaded the rom, and then clicked the bottom screen to shoot.

it would be cool if there was a way to add d-pad/button combination support for the light gun as well, because clicking the screen will make light gun games easy as hell to play and take some of the fun out of them.

any more thought of an on-the-fly IPS patching system with a way to select which patch to apply to the clean rom?

huiminghao said:
1 mic, does it really matter?

well if you are looking to support all ROMs then yes, there were a few games (i can think of 1 for the NES and a few for FDS) that used the built in mic on the famicom controller.

famicom info said:
-- The 2nd controller eliminated the Start and Select buttons, replacing them with a microphone and a volume control slider.

The Famicom’s original design includes hardwired, non-removable controllers. In addition, the second controller featured an internal microphone for use with certain games and lacked SELECT and START buttons.[26] Both the controllers and the microphone were subsequently dropped from the redesigned AV Famicom in favor of the two seven-pin controller ports on the front panel used in the NES from its inception

games that used the mic.. partial list
Legend of Zelda
Scream into the microphone to kill Pols Voice enemies. That's what the instructions means with Pols Voices hate loud noises.

Kid Icarus
In the japanese version you use the microphone to try to lower the shop prices.

Atlantis no nazo
once you pick up the microphone powerup you can yell into the controller to freeze/kill most enemeis.

theres a number of kareoke games for the famicom as well.

Takeshi no Ch?senj?
Other in-game events include: a game over screen where the player's character is given a funeral, singing karaoke at a pub (using the second-controller's built-in microphone). Completion of the game requires several unorthodox uses of the Famicom system, such as using the second controller microphone to speak while playing pachinko. One event requires the player to use the second controller's microphone to sing a verse of karaoke. The player must receive a good rating in order to continue, but the microphone feature was removed in updated versions of the Famicom. Other games substitute the use of the microphone by pressing down the Select button on the controller, but in Takeshi no Ch?senj?, microphone use is substituted by pressing the A button while holding down on the keypad of the second controller. Though the microphone is used to determine the presence of sound, the game does not have the technology to process sound pitches, making it possible to "sing" just by blowing air on the microphone with proper timing

-another world

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most gameplay friendly (and most difficult/impossible to implement I'm guessing) way to handle light gun emulation I can think of would be to have the touch screen function as a touch pad for manipulating a target reticle on the top screen, and be able to map the trigger to any button or dpad direction.
The way it is handled now though suits me fine, there's just a few wrinkles to iron out.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Using 'X' button to active/inactive the lightgun would be better when the lightgun is enabled. I will change that in the next release...
Mic.. I could add the support. Before that, I should know exactly how it works.
Someone like the 'barcode' thing, I will add it first...

The lightgun is too easy for playing, when the main-screen is shown on the bottom...

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, first of all the work that has been done in nesds is amazing, and I really like the new features that are being added, it has turned into a much better emulator then it was before.

I would like to tell some things about some games problems, just to make sure that you know then:
Now that there is light gun support, I can mention that on the "Duck Hunt" game, there's some sound lacking. You can't hear the Duck's "Quack" during the game and in the start of a game, you can only hear the dog barking once, and the dog barks three times in the original game. I think it has something to do with the "raw PCM sound", but It just a noobie guess.
And also, many of the FDS games I have doesn't work, the FDS bios doesn't even start when I try to play them. Some of the games are:
- Metroid, Famicom grand Prix II - 3D Hot Rally, Hikari Shinwa (Kid Icarus), Zelda no Desentsu - The Hyrule Fantasy, Zelda 2.
And also, in the game Alladin (it's a hack of the snes version), you can't use the parachute, because you need to use the Select button + the directional pad and it makes the screen move.

D

Deleted-236924

huiminghao said:
Using 'X' button to active/inactive the lightgun would be better when the lightgun is enabled. I will change that in the next release...

The lightgun is too easy for playing, when the main-screen is shown on the bottom...
I figured out something.
You should change it so that it displays on top screen by default, but you should let us switch it to bottom screen as well.
That's because on a real NES, people could choose to simply place the gun really close to the TV screen and it would work just as if you were using the bottom screen to aim.

(Plus, having it on top screen would be way harder than playing them on a real NES.)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pingouin7 said:
huiminghao said:

The lightgun is too easy for playing when the main-screen is shown on the bottom...
I figured out something.
You should change it so that it displays on top screen by default, but you should let us switch it to bottom screen as well.
That's because on a real NES, people could choose to simply place the gun really close to the TV screen and it would work just as if you were using the bottom screen to aim.

(Plus, having it on top screen would be way harder than playing them on a real NES.)
That's what I was thinking. I suggested using the top screen earlier, but it only got implemented as an option, not as default.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
RodrigoDavy said:
I would like to tell some things about some games problems, just to make sure that you know then:
Now that there is light gun support, I can mention that on the "Duck Hunt" game, there's some sound lacking. You can't hear the Duck's "Quack" during the game and in the start of a game, you can only hear the dog barking once, and the dog barks three times in the original game. I think it has something to do with the "raw PCM sound", but It just a noobie guess.
And also, many of the FDS games I have doesn't work, the FDS bios doesn't even start when I try to play them. Some of the games are:
- Metroid, Famicom grand Prix II - 3D Hot Rally, Hikari Shinwa (Kid Icarus), Zelda no Desentsu - The Hyrule Fantasy, Zelda 2.
And also, in the game Alladin (it's a hack of the snes version), you can't use the parachute, because you need to use the Select button + the directional pad and it makes the screen move.
1. Raw PCM is not supported now..
2. 'Metroid, Famicom grand Prix II - 3D Hot Rally, Hikari Shinwa (Kid Icarus), Zelda no Desentsu - The Hyrule Fantasy, Zelda 2.' All of them work well on my DS.
The FDS BIOS does not work, because you don't get the right nes rom. A fds rom must have a correct header, then nesDS will treat it as FDS, and the BIOS will be shown.
3. Just disable the short-cuts defined in nesDS.ini.

Pingouin7 said:
I figured out something.
Have you noticed the 'swap screens' under the 'Input' bar? It can be used to switch the screens. If the option 'ScreenSwap' in nesDS.ini is defined to ZERO, then the the graphic is shown on the top-screen by default. There is also a short-cut acting the switch thing.

QUOTE(YayMii @ May 27 2011, 08:43 AM)
That's what I was thinking. I suggested using the top screen earlier, but it only got implemented as an option, not as default.
I think that is NOT my job to make a game harder to play...............

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I want to experience it on the real hardware. Real hardware is better.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No need to apologize mate, its your opinion.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Now apologize
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i already did
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Kenny didn't watch the Nintendo Direct, right?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, btw i already asked this a bit ago but you werent there so im asking it again. have you ever wore skirts before, and if you did, how does it feel?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why am I going to waste an hour when I can read Chary summing it up for me in ten minutes
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes I had done. Was great, but never done it again since.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or watch the trailers individually
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, why not?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Lost interest.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, The trailers are all on the Nintendo YT.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, for me its the opposite, im interested in skirts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw going to sleep in 10 minutes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And a photo of my mom's tits are saved in your phone
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, still not
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Psi still has plenty of uremum's photos on his phone.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm good night
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Police probably interrogated him, asking if the pics were hot.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone's phone gets taken by the police what are you doing on yours :mellow:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Excuse me sir, are these naked pics of kens mum?" ...yes officer. "Cool, can you send me those"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn by now you'd think Ken's mum would be in your auto fill category must be slacking
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn by now you'd think Ken's mum would be in your auto fill category must be slacking +2