Thank you! I've been meaning to get something like this and here it is
smile.gif

chaospker98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i feel like a complete idiot. So I did the trick where you put the card under the reader, and it got stuck. So now I have this plastic card stuck under my AK2i reader and my DS STILL doesn't read it. Help?

frogman946

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What a great guide. Complete and easy to follow.

I have a problem with soft reset though. Whilst in game, after using the combo L+R+A+B+Down, the screen blanks out (gives the impression that it would reset to AKAIO) but then changes to two black screens and remains that way, with all button presses disabled. Powering off and on are the only options. Am I missing something? Everything else works fine.

My set up is: DS Lite - AceKard 2i HWID81 - AKAIO 1.6RC2

Any help would be most appreciated.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nycsam786 said:
This tutorial is phenomenal.

Thanks, but it still needs a bit of work. I need to add some more images to make it clearer, and update some of the existing images for AKAIO 1.6RC2. I also need to get round to adding a clear 'adding your own custom' section specific to the Acekard.

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
frogman946 said:

I have a problem with soft reset though. Whilst in game, after using the combo L+R+A+B+Down, the screen blanks out (gives the impression that it would reset to AKAIO) but then changes to two black screens and remains that way, with all button presses disabled. Powering off and on are the only options. Am I missing something? Everything else works fine.

Try to format your SD with SDformater and then reinstall a fresh copy of AKAIO 1.6 rc2.
Should works great after that.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jak larnak said:
Try to format your SD with SDformater and then reinstall a fresh copy of AKAIO 1.6 rc2.
Jak, use the Link I provided in the guide. Rather than pointing directly to a file, it's links to the page you can always down the lastest version from. The SDformatter on FileTrip is the older version, Not that a great deal has changed though.

dondulah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone, especially tk-saturn for this guide. I just followed exactly the above on my brand new DS Lite and everything works perfect, the first time through.

frogman946

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jak larnak said:
frogman946 said:

Thanks for the tip, it worked.
If you can help with another issue please. I tried repeatedly, following many different given methods and advices, to launch a rom from within Moonshell 2.10 stable, without any success. If anyone had success with this, can detailed steps be shown please.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the second step of the guide I did make it clear you need to use the SD formatter.

CannonFoddr has a MoonShell guide somewhere on here, I won't be adding one as I don't use MoonShell so know nothing about it. If you PM CannonFoddr, i'm sure he'll point you to his guide.

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
frogman946 said:
If you can help with another issue please. I tried repeatedly, following many different given methods and advices, to launch a rom from within Moonshell 2.10 stable, without any success. If anyone had success with this, can detailed steps be shown please.

It's not possible yet with Moonshell 2.10.
Like tk_saturn said, you can found guide on how to do this but only with moonshell 2.09 (or lower version)

frogman946

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
In the second step of the guide I did make it clear you need to use the SD formatter.

I have always used SD formatter. I meant the second part of the sentence. And I have downloaded your linked version of SD formatter. Thanks again.

CannonFoddr has a MoonShell guide somewhere on here, I won't be adding one as I don't use MoonShell so know nothing about it. If you PM CannonFoddr, i'm sure he'll point you to his guide.

Will do, thank you.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
An upto date moonshell guide needs pinning to the top really, it gets asked so often. There have been several and they slip down the pages.

frogman946

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
An upto date moonshell guide needs pinning to the top really, it gets asked so often. There have been several and they slip down the pages.

I agree that it would be a good idea to pin it.

In a previous post I mentioned that after saving AKAIO 1.6RC2 first page settings, ie theme, language, brightness, they revert back to the original when either resetting or powering off. This is still happening, and is very frustrating. I understand that there are others experiencing the same problem. Is there a fix for this?

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
frogman946 said:
In a previous post I mentioned that after saving AKAIO 1.6RC2 first page settings, ie theme, language, brightness, they revert back to the original when either resetting or powering off. This is still happening, and is very frustrating. I understand that there are others experiencing the same problem. Is there a fix for this?
The posts are a pain to find but I think a few have fixed it by reformatting the memory card with the Panasonic SD Formatter.

At a last resort try manually editing the globalsettings.ini file, then give it the read only attribute. You can do this by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer and selecting properties.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just checked mine and AKAIO 1.6RC2 saves the settings fine.
AKAIO does take notice of the read only attribute on globalsettings.ini, and will lock to those settings. If you change the skin it still gives you the message to apply the skin, but when it does it's still the same skin as before.

frogman946

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
I just checked mine and AKAIO 1.6RC2 saves the settings fine.
AKAIO does take notice of the read only attribute on globalsettings.ini, and will lock to those settings. If you change the skin it still gives you the message to apply the skin, but when it does it's still the same skin as before.

Changing the globalsettings.ini attributes is a great idea. I will try that and report back. A I stated a few posts back, when I fixed the soft reset issue that I had formatted my sd card with the new sdformatter and reinstalled everything. I then altered my AKAIO settings and saved. A day later they reverted back.

ibrahim541

Trophies
XP
Country
i got my acekard a yesterday and i downloaded the official firmare on it then i download the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds and ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds and because i had a DSi and a DSL i wanted to update the acekard so it would work on my DSi so i went on my DSL and i did the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds update and now neither my DSi and DSL wont read the acekard it says there is no card inserted help please what did i do wrong because i am gonna order another acekard and i wanna do it right this time also can i fix this acekard ?

thank you very much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time