tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ibrahim541 said:
ok i got my acekard i did everything there and now the acekard works on the DS phat and DSI but not on the DS lite help please

QUOTE(ibrahim541 @ May 4 2010, 02:56 PM) it does not show on the ds lite

It's going to be a contact issue as in the guide.

Jemlee

Trophies
Website
www.arwingnet.co.cc
XP
Country
Change your link to AKAIO RC3 to 2

cuz 3 isn't out yet
mellow.gif

Kairuu318

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys sorry for the trouble..new to the boards. Ive followed steps 1-3 and at first I got a black screen when trying to start up the AceKard, and then I tried the alternate step for people who get black screens and all I got was the AceKard RPG menu. Any ideas on what Im doing wrong? Im using a DSLite. Any help is appreciated.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kairuu318 said:
Hey guys sorry for the trouble..new to the boards. Ive followed steps 1-3 and at first I got a black screen when trying to start up the AceKard, and then I tried the alternate step for people who get black screens and all I got was the AceKard RPG menu. Any ideas on what Im doing wrong? Im using a DSLite. Any help is appreciated.
Umm, the Acekard RPG menu is normal. But that's signifying that you're using the official firmware. You probably have a new Acekard 2.1. In that case, wait for AKAIO 1.6RC3 and use that.

Kairuu318

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but after a bit of tinkering around I got the AceKard isn't genuine error so Im guessing thats the source of my problem..oy. Thanks anyway though!

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I'm going to start a petition to sticky this thread and desticky the other, and much less informative thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154...t=0&start=0 (no offense to the author, but it's outdated by a year...).

Why won't a mod just sticky this thing already? It solves 90% of all the problems posted by people on the AK forums on a daily basis. tk_saturn did a phenomenal job explaining how to fix Acekard issues in a very organized manner, I think it's time that that we give this thread the exposure it deserves.

I think one mod claimed that this should be "wiki'd" instead, but how would stickying this thread hurt this forum in any way? It would get rid of a lot of the already-been-answered questions that are posted here everyday, and you seem to have no problem with the other year-old "Setting up your acekard thread" being stickied.

HURRY UP AND STICKY THE THING FOR GOD'S SAKE ( How many times did I say sticky in this post)?

PS: tk, could you add a pictured tutorial of the paper trick (not the paper-under-pcb trick), or atleast have a small section with giant and bolded font saying PAPER TRICK in case anyone wants to find it.

PSS: I was thinking a new thread title would attract more readers... maybe something like "Ultimate Acekard2i/Acekard2.1 Guide 2010"
ohmy.gif

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do want to add a bit to the thread, but I can't as costello has disabled the internal links such as:

http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-your-acekard#update
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-your-acekard#unbrick
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-your-acekard#contacts
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-your-acekard#ak2loader

If I edit the post, those no longer work and people need to be able to quickly jump to the contact/ updating sections without reading through an entire guide as there's no update or contact issue threads on here.

Hence why i've moved on to starting a Wood R4 guide instead http://gbatemp.net/t227742-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-wood-r4

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aww.. that sucks. I wish you reserved a second post to add more detail.
Your 'n00b' guide series is really helpful man, I wish the mods thought the same
frown.gif

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
coattails said:
Aww.. that sucks. I wish you reserved a second post to add more detail.
Your 'n00b' guide series is really helpful man, I wish the mods thought the same
frown.gif
That's what I should of done, but I think the flood control on here might have prevented me from adding a few posts after the first which is why I didn't.

What i'll have to do is split the contacts and update sections into their own threads after updating them, either that or move it to a webpage on my ISP or GoogleSites. I've not done HTML for years though.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
clegion said:
how to thick is the paper should be? like what is the minimum
I actually used the wrapper from Panda Licorice bar, the part where the seams join together, ie 2 sides joined together. It's wafer thin, but it's all it needs to be on mine. You can leave a small piece protuding to see if you've got the thickness right, this will allow you to pull it back out and if it's fine you can just rim it with a pair of scissors.

If you compare your cart to the photos of mine, you might get an idea of how much you need to raise the contacts by.

The whole thing sucks really, I received a $3.30 R4 clone which has better build quality than the Acekard2i.

frogman946

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If it's not already done so in your skins archive, The files: clock_colon.bmp, clock_numbers.bmp, day_numbers.bmp, year_numbers.bmp will need to be place into a folder named "calendar" within the skin's folder.

@tk-saturn

Most if not all skins available from "ndsthemes" do not include the files you quoted. So, are they to be created as a file with zero bytes and placed in a folder named "calender" for the skin to work properly or are they to be copied from a skin that has them already? I tried doing the latter but the formatting was all wrong. Please advise. I have to congratulate you on the guide. +Rep

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frogman946 said:
QUOTE said:
If it's not already done so in your skins archive, The files: clock_colon.bmp, clock_numbers.bmp, day_numbers.bmp, year_numbers.bmp will need to be place into a folder named "calendar" within the skin's folder.

@tk-saturn

Most if not all skins available from "ndsthemes" do not include the files you quoted. So, are they to be created as a file with zero bytes and placed in a folder named "calender" for the skin to work properly or are they to be copied from a skin that has them already? I tried doing the latter but the formatting was all wrong. Please advise. I have to congratulate you on the guide. +Rep

If you are looking at skins on NDSThemes that do not include those exact files you are not looking at Acekard specific skins. NDSThemes admins will not approve an Acekard skin without those files which are required even if they are not used by the skin itself (calling the calendar display elements in the configuration is optional).
The folder has to be named "calendar" not "calender" and copying those files from one Acekard skin to another Acekard skin will almost always result in a very ugly display as skin configurations are specific about the layout of the numbers. The dimensions of the numbers in those files can vary. To complicate things some skin artists have recently figured out that the clock_colon.bmp file can be manipulated to make any part of the upper screen part of a two-frame animation instead of just a clock colon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Still in need of a good laugh? Watch this movie. LMAO! I watched it a few day ago. Hilarious!