Updated n00b guide to setting up your Acekard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by tk_saturn, Mar 31, 2010.

1. morrisseyshair

morrisseyshair GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2004
    United States
    Orange County, California
    Very cool guide. It was very helpful. Thank you. [​IMG]

2. phillyguy

phillyguy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2010
    United States
    Hi, i'm new here and hope you can help me. and thx for the guide. it help me a lot.

I have a DS Lite and an AK2i. Not sure if i need to update to firmware 1.4? I use AKAIO.1.6.RC2 and everything work great but every time i want to change game, i have to turn power off. Is there away to change game w/out power off?

Also, the __aio\ak2loader\ where can i find download link based on your step #5?
    When i install the AK2i version 4.21, if i want to change game all i need to press all button and it will take me to Game folder. but the AK2i v4.21 some game not working and it's slow when loading game. AKAIO 1.6rc2 is faster

thx

3. tk_saturn
    OP

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    You have the official 4.21 archive you downloaded from the Acekard site. Open this and copy the AK4Menu.nds to __AIO\AK2LOADER\ in my case after coping I renamed it 4.21.nds

4. BowlOfSpiders

BowlOfSpiders hi

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Great guide. Should be stickied in place of mine. [​IMG]

5. tk_saturn
    OP

Jan 26, 2010
    Problem is it means I have to take care of the thread and n00bs can be a pain in the rear.

If it slips off page 2, then i'll leave it be.

What I would do is remove the "Old tutorial" +associated text "(has more information but much harder on the eyes)" from your guide, also remove all the spoiler tags. You then need to update the 1.4update it links to, it's the wrong one. You also need to change which update it should use, it should be the DSi file regardless of console.

Then put at the bottom "A more in depth guide can be found here " with a link to the first post in this thread. That way people can quickly read a small thread, and if they need more information read a larger in depth post. It also means there will be no need to replace your thread with mine,

6. jak larnak

jak larnak GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2009
    France
    Not so far
    Or maybe you could copy your first post when editing it and then pm it to Somerandomguy so he can edit his guide with yours quickly (simply copy/past).
    (Of course he would mention your name)
    Just a suggestion... [​IMG]

Very great guide btw (hope it will decrease all the noobish posts around here [​IMG] )

7. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    You beat me to it. I was going to make an updated video guide for setting up an Acekard. Nice guide btw. [​IMG]

8. brad335

brad335 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2010
    United States
    I recently purchased an acekard 2i from leetmod with the 1.4 firmware. I followed the directions in the tutorial, but when i try to use it i get a message saying : An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting. From what i have read this would happen when the dsi is v1.4 and the firmware is not, but firmware on the acekard is, or at least should be 1.4 (comes up as danny phantom on dsi). I'm not sure what do now, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

9. jak larnak

Jul 21, 2009
    France
    Not so far
    If you have an access to a DS/DS Lite or a pre 1.4 DSi try to re-flash the card with the 1.4 fix.

10. tk_saturn
    OP

Jan 26, 2010
    It could be a bad flash. Leedmod updated it to 1.4, but never actually tried it on a DSi.

All you can do is try reflashing it or sending it back to them.

11. tk_saturn
    OP

Jan 26, 2010
    If I do anything like that, it will be coping it to the WiKi.

I've already done the update guide (and it's better) http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...dating_to_FW1.4

But i'm starting to get fed up WiKi, and it's not doing what I want it to.

12. jak larnak

Jul 21, 2009
    France
    Not so far
    I understand and it would be very nice to have this guide on the Wiki...
    But the thing is that most of the time n00bs just can't read, they can't even find a stickied thread so don't expect them to search something on the Wiki...
    (n00b:"huh? Wiki? Wth is that?" [​IMG] )

Recently I saw severals threads where people were sent to Somerandom's guide without knowing that yours is there and better...
    I would understand if you stand on your position (dunno if it's correct english... [​IMG] ) but it would be really n00b helpfull if your guide could replace the old one...
    After all, you made that guide for them, no ? [​IMG]

Again thanks for your work ! [​IMG]

Btw, I added a link to your guide in the AKAIO Wiki links section (informations section)

13. Hayydrian

Hayydrian Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2010
    United States
    okay i got as far as root directory. what is that?

14. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    Root directory is the absolute base of your MicroSD. If you go to Start --> "Computer" (Windows 7 or Vista) or "My Computer" (XP) then double click on your MicroSD, that is the root directory.

15. Hayydrian

Hayydrian Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2010
    United States
    okay thanks and i guess since i dont have dsi i can ignore the note at the top of the first post. thanks for help.

16. nycsam786

nycsam786 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    United States
    I think the instructions you had provided are great!

17. ericling

ericling GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    Malaysia
    This should be stick. Great job!

18. Gvaz

Gvaz GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2007
    United States
    United States
    can you update the microsd images in the op? they're all 404s

19. tk_saturn
    OP

Jan 26, 2010
    I'll update the post to reflect their new locations in just a little while, I was over the limit on my ISP storage and had to reorganise. As this thread slipped to page 4, I didn't think anyone would notice.

20. tk_saturn
    OP

Jan 26, 2010
    Links should be fine now.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted