Homebrew Update 11.4 and Homebrew

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got it backwards. Smea release UDSploit to the public AFTER Nintendo released 11.4.

I checked out 3dbrew.org the day after 11.4 was released, and I saw 3ds.guide had some updates too. I didn't see the exact dates, but still.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im on 11.3 with A9LH + Luma. I update Luma and NTR, can i update with out any problem?
Yes. Once you are on 11.4, if you use HBLauncher_loader, the first time you will launch it, it will download the new payload if you are on New3DS; if you are on Old3DS, you have to wait for new payloads

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Yes. Once you are on 11.4, if you use HBLauncher_loader, the first time you will launch it, it will download the new payload if you are on New3DS; if you are on Old3DS, you have to wait for new payloads

Thanks. I ask becouse i use the hackrom Pokemon Umbra Moon for a series and i was curios if i can update with out loose access to the mod.

Reactions: W4T4R1

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
When is homebrew going to be fixed on N3DS 11.4? I mean, Homebrew Launcher works, and the applicacion region free too, but the others always get stuck with green screen :(

Try using the 11.2 otherapp payload and renaming it for 11.4. That is what I am doing on my n3DS. Note that you will need to use the latest hourly version as 6.6 does not have the patch to re-enable gspwn.

Why not just use the 11.2 payload (assuming you have CFW and are willing to use the nightly/hourly version of Luma)? That is what I am doing with my n3DS and I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the o3DS as well.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why not just use the 11.2 payload (assuming you have CFW and are willing to use the nightly/hourly version of Luma)? That is what I am doing with my n3DS and I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the o3DS as well.
11.4 requires new payloads (since Nintendo updated some stuff as always) that are already available on New3DS, while on Old3DS is still work-in-progress, because the last two updates limited GPU usage (or something like that, i don't know specific technical stuff)and this hit harder the Old3DS since is less powerful than New3DS

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
11.4 requires new payloads (since Nintendo updated some stuff as always) that are already available on New3DS, while on Old3DS is still work-in-progress, because the last two updates limited GPU usage (or something like that, i don't know specific technical stuff)and this hit harder the Old3DS since is less powerful than New3DS

Not if you are on a recently Luma nightly, then you can use the 11.2 payloads on 11.3/11.4 (only tested on my n3DS). One of the Luma nightlies fixed the GPU limitations that 11.3 imposed by stubbing svc 0x59 (see stubSvcRestrictGpuDma for details) which is how ninty patched the 11.2 payloads.

Reactions: W4T4R1

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not if you are on a recently Luma nightly, then you can use the 11.2 payloads on 11.3/11.4 (only tested on my n3DS). One of the Luma nightlies fixed the GPU limitations that 11.3 imposed by stubbing svc 0x59 (see stubSvcRestrictGpuDma for details) which is how ninty patched the 11.2 payloads.
Oh well tat's good to know

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not back-up your save data from the Home Menu, then uninstall and reinstall the Game+Update+DLC Data through freeShop? That's how I got Link's Classic Tunic in Hyrule Warriors Legends, even though that DLC wasn't released for NTSC systems.
Edit: Also, HOLY CRAP! SoT update is available?! When did that happen?!
what are you talking about?

I'm waiting on the new shovel knight free update for SoT but we don't have a date other than sometime in april. the japan update was dated the 5th of april. Everyday I check for it. and google for it. Can't wait.

as far as hyrule warriors. just google 3ds dlc cia and you will find the cia file with the full update with all dlc for that and alot of other games.

Allav866

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
what are you talking about?

I'm waiting on the new shovel knight free update for SoT but we don't have a date other than sometime in april. the japan update was dated the 5th of april. Everyday I check for it. and google for it. Can't wait.

as far as hyrule warriors. just google 3ds dlc cia and you will find the cia file with the full update with all dlc for that and alot of other games.
Sorry, I thought you meant it was out, but you were having trouble downloading it. :P

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have 2 O3ds units both now on 11.4.0-37E.
1 of them Home brew loader works great.
The other i get error.
Both on Luma.
How can i make it work on both please.
Both on latest Luma Nightly.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using the 11.2 otherapp payload and renaming it for 11.4. That is what I am doing on my n3DS. Note that you will need to use the latest hourly version as 6.6 does not have the patch to re-enable gspwn.

I am having the same issue on a N3DS 11.4 (no emuNAND or A9LH installed). Ninjhax payload loads into the Homebrew channel with no issue, but when I try to boot most apps, I am stuck on a green screen. Will try your method when I can later today. What do we rename the 11.2 otherapp payload to? Also, should I first try to put the 11.4 otherapp payload?

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on this version you CAN'T downgrade, and you CAN'T get free games! Only userland stuff!

Working

Doodlebomb: Works

PATCHED

I put a :( next to all the recently patched things

Safehax: Still Patched
1) What is DoodleBomb?
2) Shouldn't Safehax have a :( next to it, since it got patched with 11.4?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password