Emulation Homebrew Emulator [UNOFFICIAL] Some Libretro cores compiled with RetroArch Wii v1.7.9 (and other versions)

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Speaking of.....i already tested the PCSX cores provided for RA 1.7.6, both regular and Unai, both only tested SotN, stutter seems to be there but only when the ''cache'' needs to load a certain room or certain enemies, but the rest of the time it runs at full speed without the dreadful stutter that plagued the last builds of Wiistation before the newer one posted, but at the same time it slowed down at some parts like after beating Dracula in the Intro stage.

Reactions: SaulFabre

josepijolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello Saul, I have a question, are for you, the cores that you are publishing in that section, the best versions of each of them, I have always preferred to play only with Wiimote, knowing this, would there be some reason to use versions of the cores more modern ones like 1.12, 1.15, like 1.8.4.
What is your opinion on which are the best versions of each core.
Thank you in advance and for your tremendous work in the Wii community.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello Saul, I have a question, are for you, the cores that you are publishing in that section, the best versions of each of them, I have always preferred to play only with Wiimote, knowing this, would there be some reason to use versions of the cores more modern ones like 1.12, 1.15, like 1.8.4.
What is your opinion on which are the best versions of each core.
Thank you in advance and for your tremendous work in the Wii community.
i do recommend using old versions of RA cores since they're stable, also if you want latest updates of cores but being stable, i recommend grabbing the ones i post here.

But i've heard recently from @RunningSnakes that a few cores got more stable in recent versions.

Honestly i do like using old and new versions just in case but i'll stick with old versions.

@RunningSnakes , could you explain this a little more?

Reactions: RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i also prefer older cores if they are not missing save/load function or if newer cores provide updates that can't be overlooked. Newer cores in 1.19.1 release with improvements...

MAME 2000 - loading multiple games in same session works

Game & Watch - loading games in same session works

Atari 800 - Save/Load feature has been added

O2EM Odyssey - Wiimote works again and save/load was also added

There are a handful of newer cores that could use a retro release with Wiimote support and while benefiting from updates or added features. For now, i believe the Frankenstein release pack is the best set of RA cores available to end users.

@MeXen
Which PCE Fast core are you using?

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i also had issues with both PCE retro recompiles. 1.10.1 is the best (Fast) core i have ever tested/used. I'll link here if you want to test/use, it has been hex edited to work with all other cores.

Attachments

• mednafen_pce_fast_libretro_wii.dol.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, i also had issues with both PCE retro recompiles. 1.10.1 is the best (Fast) core i have ever tested/used. I'll link here if you want to test/use, it has been hex edited to work with all other cores.
Oh so it will work on RA 1.7.6, ill try it :)
Post automatically merged:

Nope, neverminded, didnt worked, put the core on RA 1.7.6 and when it loads it does so in 480i and after re-setting the aspect ratio, and i select a game, PCE, i just get NO CORES AVAILABLE.

Last edited by MeXen,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh so it will work on RA 1.7.6, ill try it :)

Nope, neverminded, didnt worked, put the core on RA 1.7.6 and when it loads it does so in 480i and after re-setting the aspect ratio, and i select a game, PCE, i just get NO CORES AVAILABLE.
Sidenote: There's no "version of RetroArch" but instead versions of cores. So if you load a core from 1.10.X it will run RetroArch 1.10.X independently from whatever version other cores are from.

The "NO CORES AVAILABLE" is because you're missing the .INFO file in your APPS/info/ folder. Just get it from official RA-Wii builds or copy paste an existing one and modify the Core Name to be exactly as your core's .dol name.

Last edited by JuanMena,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK, ill try again.....wish me luck.

OK, ill try again.....wish me luck.
Nope, this time i used RA 1.10.0 after i tried the hacktip you gave me for 1.7.6 and then 1.10.0

must be due to both sharing the same root retroarch folder.

Last edited by MeXen,

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Here I updated NeoCD and gpSP again.

What's new on NeoCD:

- fix CHD audio on big-endian systems (Wii, Wii U). (Thanks @ploggy!)

Recompiled from here https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/...mmit/dcd2d0dc93a8b645876b45b4ef78e3d32e24cbda with RA Wii 1.7.9

What's new on gpSP:

- add rumble support for Goodboy Galaxy. (Thanks Ninoh-FOX!)
- saving fix for Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire. (Thanks Ninoh-FOX!)

Recompiled from here https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/gpSP/commit/bfbdfda215889cad5ae314bd5221d773a343b5bd with RA Wii 1.8.1 (external libOGC)

i saw recently that those two cores got Aroma CFW compatibility on Wii U only but for some reason the fixes for Aroma CFW are applied on Wii RVL builds too? What?

i hope Aroma CFW fix didn't break something on those cores...

Please test, thanks!

Pinging @RunningSnakes , @cheloruiz79 , @nashismo

Attachments

• neocd_ra179_wii_latest_29062024.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • gpsp_ra181_wii_latest_external_29062024.zip
    1 MB · Views: 2

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Amazing, I tried the new version and everything seems to be working great, sound is good, some bugs like on Fatal Fury 3 the Franco Bash stage where the chair is bugged out, now it looks properly (the only bug I remember seeing).

Only thing is that the CHD game I had (KOF95) did not start. But maybe it was incorrectly compressed.

And the last thing I can say is that the core feels less laggy or more responsive, maybe I am imagining things, but latency seems better.

So thank you @SaulFabre and @ploggy, I am happy that I awaken the masters :)

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Amazing, I tried the new version and everything seems to be working great, sound is good, some bugs like on Fatal Fury 3 the Franco Bash stage where the chair is bugged out, now it looks properly (the only bug I remember seeing).

Only thing is that the CHD game I had (KOF95) did not start. But maybe it was incorrectly compressed.

And the last thing I can say is that the core feels less laggy or more responsive, maybe I am imagining things, but latency seems better.

So thank you @SaulFabre and @ploggy, I am happy that I awaken the masters :)
Having CHD support requires the NeoCD core (and some other supported cores) to be recompiled on latest RA Wii frontend versions.

Unfortunately i really don't trust on latest RA Wii versions since they introduce more bugs and crashes which on previous outdated versions didn't happen...

Maybe try using @ploggy's NeoCD Libretro Wii recompile on latest RA Wii for CHD?
But don't know if it has Wiimote only support or audio has no static buzzing/crackling audio.

Reactions: nashismo

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having CHD support requires the NeoCD core (and some other supported cores) to be recompiled on latest RA Wii frontend versions.

Unfortunately i really don't trust on latest RA Wii versions since they introduce more bugs and crashes which on previous outdated versions didn't happen...

Maybe try using @ploggy's NeoCD Libretro Wii recompile on latest RA Wii for CHD?
But don't know if it has Wiimote only support or audio has no static buzzing/crackling audio.
You now where about the issues started in the newer RA versions so why not try to bisect and find what caused the issues, then you can make an issue to the RA devs and see if they can fix the latest RA versions? That must be better than recompiling from older RA builds for every new Core update?

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

I understand and I agree 100% percent, the RA Wii versions are bugged and we cannot rely on them. But please see what Ploggy said in the post above. It really would be ideal. Still, for me CHD support is not so needed, but yes, it would be nice.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
NeoCD Libretro for Wii recompiled on RA Wii 1.19.1 just in case, for those who want CHD but don't know if has audio crackling or Wiimote only support. Please help me test.

EDIT: in my little tests, CHDs work now and audio seems fine but i couldn't get Wiimote only to work on this core. (still forced to use Wii Classic Controller)

Attachments

• neocd_ra1191_wii_latest_29062024.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited by SaulFabre,

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@SaulFabre for me it is fine without CHD. My last question, maybe for @ploggy is about the CD loading aspect. To summarize I have seen many videos of people playing the original Neogeo CD, let's say a game takes 24 seconds to load a certain part, the Neogeo CDZ will take roughly half (12 seconds) and something like the Neo-Geo SD loader will take again half that (6 seconds).

And now the Neo-Geo NeoCD emulator takes again, half that, 3 seconds. The problem is that this "breaks" the loading pictures and nice animations, not the fast loading, but the hack behind it. I have tried it without the hacks, but the speed is kept as slow as the BIOS I use (24 seconds front loader BIOS, 12 seconds CDZ BIOS).

Ideally we could have something like the Neo-Geo SD loader, no hacks, just faster loadings, without breaking the animations. I guess this would need a modified BIOS. My guess.

Just a thought there and thank you all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, what happenned?